Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Francolin - The most favorite game bird of Pakistan

Late to share my Experience with Bhagwa or geroo or Now I am disclosing one another name. "GWARCH". ( in Balochi language)

I have tried this illegal thing :P, when i was a new shooter to Partridge at the age of 9-10. I was not able to shoot the partridges in the proper way so my dad said you should get a GWARCH and hunt in a close range or monitor how the partridges move so you can see how to hunt them. I mostly used to monitor there movement and enjoy rather then hunting them. I saw the GWARCH making in front of me. Its very Simple. Take a Good piece of cloth which you think you can hide your front from it. Take Skins of the Wild Bushes, ( Chegird or Chish in balochi). The skins of this Wild bushes give a AKHROAT type color when u put them in water. Put the Cloth and these Bush Skins together to Color the Cloth. Believe me, the Output is a perfect Camouflage for upland. make a hole for your Eyes and another for your Gun and Aiming.

I dont enjoy the hunting with this GWARCH, but the most enjoying part is, Go without a Gun and Just watch the partridges in there Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Avais View Post
    I never found them in the fields of Punjab. Maybe some part of Sindh and Baluchistan this type exists. Regarding their interbreed I have no knowledge.
    If this is the Dakhni teetar Yes, I have hunted this in both Sindh and Balochistan.
    Last edited by Naveed_pk; 28-11-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Advertising link removed . Kindly find a pic from google and post seperately

as This Thread Started to start a Research on TEETARS rather then the TRAP ( geero, Bhagwa, Gwarch etc ). The Pictures of all the types of Francolin should be shared.

Expert Member
    nice information friends but as MIG said we should have the pics with the name and their characteristics.
    I am in many ways name less, many ways shame less, I can be the purest soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Late to share my Experience with Bhagwa or geroo or Now I am disclosing one another name. "GWARCH". ( in Balochi language)

I have tried this illegal thing :P, when i was a new shooter to Partridge at the age of 9-10. I was not able to shoot the partridges in the proper way so my dad said you should get a GWARCH and hunt in a close range or monitor how the partridges move so you can see how to hunt them. I mostly used to monitor there movement and enjoy rather then hunting them. I saw the GWARCH making in front of me. Its very Simple. Take a Good piece of cloth which you think you can hide your front from it. Take Skins of the Wild Bushes, ( Chegird or Chish in balochi). The skins of this Wild bushes give a AKHROAT type color when u put them in water. Put the Cloth and these Bush Skins together to Color the Cloth. Believe me, the Output is a perfect Camouflage for upland. make a hole for your Eyes and another for your Gun and Aiming.

I dont enjoy the hunting with this GWARCH, but the most enjoying part is, Go without a Gun and Just watch the partridges in there Mood
    Thanks Brother For sharing nice information.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Got these today, form a friend as hes having his exams and me being an animal freak so he decided to hand over em these 4 chicks.
    can any one tell are these black-francolin and what to feed them and how to properly raise them????
    "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

These are black one
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    These are black one
    then i have hit the jackpot what should i feed them??? i tried moung pulse wetin water and softened but they didn't eat it, they are having bajra currently......

they don't seem to be black ones can you post some close up with good view
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    they don't seem to be black ones can you post some close up with good view

I agree with Afzaal bro, these are NOT black. These are grey.
    Last edited by Ameer; 08-04-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Whatever these are, please do not use such a big pot for water. If they dip their nose repeatedly in the water, they will not survive. Use some small and flat plate for their water.

here is Black one in my hand.
    even i am in doubt you got the farmy quails .
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

I heard from some people that Grey Francolins can survive without drinking much water.. And if you have one then just wet the soil in the cage and it will survive from the moisture of it only and it will call its beautiful sound more. I think its cruel and maybe its thirsty thats why it call more .. Anyone heard or experienced similar thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    I agree with Afzaal bro, these are NOT black. These are grey.
    ummm!! what ever they are i have to raise it till 2 months and return it back.
    the person woh bought it was so happy at the price he got so i said to him, if its sounds too good to be true then it isnt :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avais View Post
    Whatever these are, please do not use such a big pot for water. If they dip their nose repeatedly in the water, they will not survive. Use some small and flat plate for their water.
    im a newbies in this, thanks for the advice, some one else also told me this and to only give water once in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    here is Black one in my hand.
    even i am in doubt you got the farmy quails .
    you mean these are not teetar but btair?? arent btair smaller as compared to teetar??

I heard from some people that Grey Francolins can survive without drinking much water.. And if you have one then just wet the soil in the cage and it will survive from the moisture of it only and it will call its beautiful sound more. I think its cruel and maybe its thirsty thats why it call more .. Anyone heard or experienced similar thing ?
    dont worry these are bird of desert and can easily survive without any water, get their hydration from moisture in insects and plants

Quote Originally Posted by SalmanHusain View Post
    dont worry these are bird of desert and can easily survive without any water, get their hydration from moisture in insects and plants
    good to know that what I heard is actually true. I am thinking to get one, a grown up Teetar for sure because the tiny ones need more care. I guess I can get from Impress Market of whatever size and quantity

good to know that what I heard is actually true. I am thinking to get one, a grown up Teetar for sure because the tiny ones need more care. I guess I can get from Impress Market of whatever size and quantity
    getting a grown up is the best option and empress is full of it you can get one b/w 2100-2500 and some champions for 3-4lakhs even eheheh :P