Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Francolin - The most favorite game bird of Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by SalmanHusain View Post
    getting a grown up is the best option and empress is full of it you can get one b/w 2100-2500 and some champions for 3-4lakhs even eheheh :P
    hah, Thanks for the Price input. I dont need the champions for sure,, just a hobby getting and thinking. Still not decided but I am pretty near of decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    hah, Thanks for the Price input. I dont need the champions for sure,, just a hobby getting and thinking. Still not decided but I am pretty near of decision.
    haha!! do you know champions in morning of competition might be umm max 2500 but when they win all Pakistan competition they get approx 3-4Lakhs, and its the amount of hard work you put in your francolin to reach that point
    "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

This particular way of hunting partridges atleast was used in sindh also sometime back, but in present time I haven't seen it being used anywhere in Sindh. However at very few places tamed partridge is used to hunt other partridges as others come to fight, the shortcoming or an advantage one may call of this method is only "Males" are attracted to call of the tamed partridge for a fight and get killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avais View Post
    Its a Khaki color piece of cloth almost 4x4 ft with two holes to see out the field, fixed on two X shape sticks. Pouchers grips the centre of X and covers their face and body behind this. They walk slowly towards partridges and decieve them towrds net or in other case gets the closet range to shot a fire normaly single handed.
    Hunting keeps your brains in your head and your heart where it belongs to.

-Ernest Hemingway

Re: Francolin Sindhi Breed

I will try my best to deliver my little experience to you about this bird. Please correct me if some one have better knowledge than me.
    In Pakistan there are two main breeds of black francolin available, they are as follows.
    1. Sindhi breed.
    2. Desi breed.
    Sindhi Breed Qualities and Appearance.
    Sindhi breed belongs to Sind Province thats why we called him sindhi breed.
    1. Its appearance is full black chest with out any single white dot.
    2. Big Size head.
    3. Small or may be long ears.
    4. Aggression will be easily visible on his face.
    Example http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=OMSJz...eature%3Drelated
    5. Whitish legs.
    6. Small black dots on feet fingers, (some birds have some dont)
    7. Short and speedy voice, ( 6 to 10 time in a minute or may be more).
    8. Preferably good for competition.
    Some sub Categories of sindhi breed.
    Khasar (The bird who is sindhi by breed butt he has no keels (Khasar) we call him khasar.
    Chinka ( The bird who has smaller height butt screaming voice)
    Ghagar ( The bird who has good height and built) Sindhi Ghagar http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=yHkL3...eature%3Drelated
    Chotla ( The bird who keep his head feathers(Back Side ) in standing position)
    Sheedi ( The bird who is more blackish than normal ( Black Ears, and Back ) Sheedi Example below. http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=yEwA1...eature%3Drelated
    Desi Breed Qualities and Appearance
    The birds who belongs to other than sind we call them Desi breed.
    Example
    http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=HiAYgEpgJF8
    Good Height and built.
    1. Whitish legs without black spots.
    2. Very little portion of chest will be clear rest will be covered with white dots.
    3. Long Voice ( 4 To 7 per minute)
    4. Mostly long ears butt some have short too.
    5. Aggression is also their quality butt not every one.
    Desi Ghagar example
    http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=SQAvQ...eature%3Drelated
    Desi Ghagar Chotla ( Red Chested , Sherazi ) Example
    http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=_qFl6LtUMHk
    Don't take my KINDNESS as a sign of WEAKNESS!

Enthusiast shahid khan rarasham's Avatar
    The method of bhagwa and using a tamed teetar for hunting are all illegal and these methods lead to the extinction of birds. i used both methods in my early hunting days but left them because i think this is not hunting but it is killing . More over i have a teetar (desi ) one. i got it as a very small chick , cared and tamed it , very loyal bird i have ever experienced.... if any one want to know what to feed them then, here it is. in villages u can find deemak , their favourite food when chicks, no need to feed them on any thing else in first two weeks because this food also gives them plenty of water as well. now after 15 days or more chicks become able to eat grasshoppers and bajra as well.
    in cities if it is difficult to find deemak then , one can feed them on bajra , grinding bajra into fine small pieces so that small chicks can take them , also put some drops of water on bajra as well to fulfill their water requirement . Believe me it is not easy to care small teetar chicks u will have to effort more in 1st two weeks and after this chicks become more resistant. Another thing is small chicks also need heat and temperature and this is the most important thing. Dakhni teetar lays eggs in home but desi teetar never does so. so if one gets desi teetar chicks and owns a dakhni big teetar female so he should use dakhni teetar to care for chicks.
    Black partridge chicks have same food and care methods but they need more care and taming effort than desi teetar. i have tamed a pair of them as well.
    Chakor chicks again same food , same care methods. One more thing that i have seen many people hunt local birds to such extent that now these are in danger and becoming extinct . in my area following practices are going on which are very very bad. A real hunter will never do so. People use 1)Bhagwa and tamed teetar/Chakor to hunt, a real hunter will never do so.
    2) people use nets and catch birds alive , again a very bad practice.
    3) breeding season of local birds is from April to October in our area. teetar lays eggs twice or thrice in a year( 9 each time). bad practice is that , these poor birds are not in comfort in breeding season as well. their eggs or chicks are taken and sold , i have seen one person this year in july brought 18 chicks in one day selling them in bazar. more over people start hunting birds from october again a step to destroy them because i have seen eggs of teetar in jungle in october month which is a proof that this is still breeding month.
    now taking chicks of birds in breeding season and hunting them with Bhagwa and calls in hunting season is a two way destruction of them.
    this all i told because this is not going in my region , i think every region having such precious species has such bad peoples. i try to discourage each such bad practice in my area. we all should play a role to protect our nature and such beautiful local birds. otherwise that day is not far that we will cry for these birds. May allah bless all people with thoughts to protect these birds.
    here is link where i shared videos of my teetar. u can see ,...... and some pics of my teetar and of deemak and its place are under for understanding,...
    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...d-following-me

Name:  20120426004.jpg
Views: 7011
Size:  102.1 KBName:  20120426005.jpg
Views: 4145
Size:  99.3 KBName:  20120426006.jpg
Views: 6803
Size:  102.6 KBName:  20120426013.jpg
Views: 4045
Size:  99.5 KB
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 2902
Size:  13.0 KBName:  IMG_1942.jpg
Views: 5504
Size:  50.4 KB
    Gun control means using two hands..........

@Sir jee and Shahid Khan brothers, Great input about partridges. Thank for sharing.
    Habib's

Enthusiast shahid khan rarasham's Avatar
    @sir jee brother the links u provided are not working.
    Gun control means using two hands..........

Quote Originally Posted by shahid khan rarasham View Post
    @sir jee brother the links u provided are not working.
    Dear sorry..............but youtube is banned...........
    Don't take my KINDNESS as a sign of WEAKNESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid86 View Post
    Francolins (Grey and Black) are the most favorite upland game bird of our region, Research conducted on these species is almost non-existent, Lets discuss about them in a research oriented way.. let me start with the basics..

Species (found in Pakistan):

- Grey francolin

Subspecies:

F. pondicerianus mecranensis (Sindhi teetar)
    F. pondicerianus interpositus (Dakhni teetar)
    F. pondicerianus pondicerianus (Irani teetar)

- Black francolin

Subspecies:

F. f. francolinus
    F. f. arabistanicus (Pakistan native)
    F. f. henrici (Pakistan native)
    F. f. asiae
    F. f. bogdanovi
    F. f. melanonotus

Lets start the discussion with the difference between subspecies on the basis of their appearance (plz share distinctive photos if any one have) and Breeding behavior (Pair forming in specific)
    Nice info dear.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Roars View Post
    @Denovo87, Sir 'Bhagwa' is illegal itself, also other than 'Bhagwa' all techniques and methods which can trap to alive bird are illegal by all means, Only shooting is legal as per Wildlife Laws. 'Bhagwa', 'Bolara' and netting are commonly illegal at all provinces of Pakistan including Azad Kasmir.
    Very nice info dear.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Enthusiast
    is it good to feed the boiled egg yolk?

Lord of War
    Invaluable info, Sir Jee and Shahid Khan Sahiban.

Before reading this thread, I didn't even know that these Bhagwa type methods existed. And guess, the first time I accompanied my Dad on a Teetar hunt was 32 yrs ago.

Thanks for sharing. One keeps learning everyday.
    \"Jannat is in the shadow of swords\" said our beloved Nabi Muhammad (salalahoalaiwassalam).

Is this Black franco chick?
    Name:  IMG_20141008_010351.jpg
Views: 2409
Size:  53.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20141008_010403.jpg
Views: 2819
Size:  59.8 KB

I have seen people breeding black francolin (kala teetar) in Europe and USA , so why cant we do it in their native land. All it needs is quiet surrounding and cover. N need for a stream . read forum on the folowing

//www.gbwf.org