Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: P07 DUTY (600+ Rounds - Zero Malfunctions!)

Review: P07 DUTY (600+ Rounds - Zero Malfunctions!)

Asalamoalaikum everyone!

Recently I was looking for a compact, practical and DEAD accurate 9mm handgun which I could carry everyday with an IWB holster. Purpose was to get the handgun solely for Self-Defence. Started looking for one and well, CZ answered the call! More precisely, DUTY answered the call for DUTY!

Initial Impression;

The first time I ever held the DUTY, I knew instantly that this would answer the call to my requirements. It was very light weight with an amazing grip angle, the grips themselves are a bit aggressive but that's because it doesn't come with the option to change the grip so it fit perfectly. The sights are standard nonadjustable and they give a 'Glock' like impression to the user. Trigger comes with the CZ's new 'Omega Trigger System' and breaks clean and crisp. Quite impressive! For a polymer, slim-profile 9mm, the gun holds 16 rounds of 9x19. Also comes with a picatinny rail system for mounting light/laser.

Here's a video of my first impression of the gun;

Range Report;

The DUTY's been through 200+ rounds so far and it pretty much ate up everything I fed it. So far I've tried this ammo manufacturers through the duty;

1. Sellier&Bellot
    2. Armscor Precision 124 Grain JHP
    3. Chinese red box (311 designation)
    4. Chinese blue box (2009 Designation)
    5. Russian WOLF ( Gold Projectile - Gray Shell)
    6. Russian Barnaul

All of them worked perfectly with the DUTY.

From a distance of 15 meters, I've been able to get these results;

5 rounds;

20 rounds (Same target);

Is that beautiful or what? 10 rounds = 1 gigantic crater.

Conclusion as far as range is concerned, well, targets speak for themselves. For a compact pistol with a 3.7 inch barrel, this pistol goes beyond the call of DUTY (Cheesy, I know :P) I was expecting a lot of recoil from this weapon but frankly, you barely feel it (If you grip it right) and it's quite manageable!

Practical Shooting - Self-Defence Scenario/Draw from Concealment

I decided to test this weapon from a carry point of view as well. 3 threats were at 7 7/12 meters away and only 6 rounds were in the magazine. I was carrying the weapon concealed and on Starfish's signal, the shooting began! Took a little less than 5 seconds to down three targets. Results? Please watch this video;

124 Grain Armscor Precision Hollow Point Test

Test # 1 - 8 rounds

Test # 2 - 6 rounds

If I'd have to score this weapon based on MY OPINION, I'd go something like this;

POU (Point of use) - DUTY/SelfDefense/CCW

Accuracy - 9/10
    Concealment - 8/10
    Trigger - 10/10
    Reliability - 10/10
    Ammo Capacity - 10/10 (Based on one mag of 9x19 - 16 rounds)
    Grips/Grip Angle - 10/10

Good enough for self defense? 10/10!

Overall, I've found the weapon I was looking for so long! The P07 DUTY Delivers so far and I'm hoping that it'll keep on delivering the goods for many years to come. It's a must have if you're looking for a primary SELF-DEFENSE weapon. It's accurate, it's deadly, it's compact but packs a BIG PUNCH! Probably the reason why they named it DUTY, right? :P

I hope this review was a bit helpful to all the new users who're considering to buy this handgun. At the end of the day, my opinion is; GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!

I wish you all a good and safe day!

P.S Some eye candy from my range session 2 weeks back;

Last edited by Anthrax; 16-07-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

Member Emeritus
    Great purchase, very nice video & very good shooting.. Congrats Anthrax brother on your new beauty.

Blog Entries
    Congrats Anthrax bro for your perfect CC mate and thanks for giving a very to the point review... now waiting PT1911 review
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Enthusiast
    Congrats on your new purchase.
    I too bought it last month and believe you me the first shot from this gun was so accurate that I felt contented then and there.My happiness level was was raising when I was recalling the moments I purchased it leaving cougar, viking and CZ 75 b.
    I avoid chinese bullet though no one has stopped but still I dont feel like trusting those,may be due to rough out look.

Thanks guys!

Danny bro, you got it! Next week InshAllah!
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

Blog Entries
    sweeeeeeeet and awesome review.
    Precise and to the point.
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

Very eleborate view. Thanks Anthrax brother and congratulation for the gr8 selection.

very nice purchase and to the point review. 6 shots in six seconds, good timing in a S.D scenario..
    Well done Anthrax bro..
    "You never know what's hit you. A gunshot is the perfect way." (When asked how I would choose to die)"

Thanks Starfish, Avais and 'Starved and Exposed' :P

Including the draw, first shot double action, 5 seconds is quite average. Should be around 3 seconds like Skeeter saab!

Member Extraordinaire
    Good review anthrax . I had the same impression that it is an alternative to GLOCK 19 .minus the $$$.I am also carrying the same . However mine is shooting a little left and I need to get the sites adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    Thanks Starfish, Avais and 'Starved and Exposed' :P

Including the draw, first shot double action, 5 seconds is quite average. Should be around 3 seconds like Skeeter saab!
    Liked the english version of my nick... Lemme cm back to Pak, I will try to beat ur timing :P
    "You never know what's hit you. A gunshot is the perfect way." (When asked how I would choose to die)"

Quote Originally Posted by Bhooka Nanga View Post
    Liked the english version of my nick... Lemme cm back to Pak, I will try to beat ur timing :P
    Well this was my first attempt after a long time so ... with practice comes great rewards! lol

Dr Zakir; Thanks! Abbas brother shares the same sentiment about this being a very potent replacement of the G19. By the way, I heard there are some Zigana adjustable sights in the market. They're full functional on the duty. I need to get myself a pair too, just in case.

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    Nice review and video Anthrax bro Double tap is awesome but You can do even more better . Also I hope Fakhr e Alam have not read this thread
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

I must say what a great review of a handgun for a reader who is looking for SD handgun. Well done Anthrax bro you shot well even so you shot after quite a while.

Duty is getting straight down to business in your review. It is a great carry gun and scores quite high w.r.t its price among other guns against the benchmark of G19.

I did doubles and tripples on single 7 meter 4-inch wide target while ducking and changing positions (simulating behind cover shooting) in a small video which was left in my cousins mobile camera. As soon as I retrieve it will post it. Gun used is Armscor Tanfoglio polymer compact.
    My finger on the trigger with what's so foreign in my sights ..... Anger rise !
    We wage a war ... our nature to preserve... By any means... our enemies be gone...!
    No longer can we wait, As an enemy drains our future,As the light of a new day shines, Our anger fuels our march this dawn

nice initial review on the CZ. looks like the ideal CCW.
    I see you still have a fetish for double taps
    Congrats again!
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"
    JFK

Congrats Anthrax bro on a wonderful purchase. Duty is no doubt best looking, sweetest shooting Cz under 100k price range. Imo, its the best conceal carry weapon. Happy shooting bro.

Nice review anthrax bro.

Thanks brothers Naveed, Midresstaj, maximus, triggerhappy and mani.

Naveed; Yeah I hope he doesn't read it! As for doing better than that, purpose was to get accuracy out of that, not speed. In any case, more practice sessions are needed

Congrats Anthrax brother on a wonderful purchase. Very nice gun. Awesome review too. BTW the stop watch which your frnd is holding, is it the ordinary stop watch or is it special for shooting purposes??? Because for a long time i have been looking for a stop watch which could beep and record timings precisly.

Thanks Skeetshooter.

He's holding a simple Iphone. The timer is actually an Iphone application called "Shot-timer" by Surefire. It can be downloaded for free from the app store.