Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Makarov vs Baikal Makarov ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Classic Makarov vs Baikal Makarov ?

Salaam to all brothers

Need an experts opinion from respected members to buy a pistols .....options are

1.MAKAROV with 8 shots manfacture year 1976 in very good condition just like brand new price is 58 k.

2.BAIKAL MAKAROV with 12 shots NIB price approx 55 k.

Regards.

Member Extraordinaire
    Choice no 1

Thxs for ur opnion DR SAB its really appreciated.yours choice make easy my decision.

no 2, 12 shots

how much old taurus 24/7,18 shots should be bought for

Enthusiast
    Of course choice should be for "No2" which gives you advantages of 4 exta shots, being a brand new, easy availabilty of ammunition ( 9x19) and saving your few thousand rupees.
    But it is suggested that adding few more thousand and switching your mind from these handguns, you should go for something else like if you are fond of Russian handguns then Baikal Viking 446 is the best. If not Viking then PG will guide you in an appropriate manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunter View Post
    Of course choice should be for "No2" which gives you advantages of 4 exta shots, being a brand new, easy availabilty of ammunition ( 9x19) and saving your few thousand rupees.
    But it is suggested that adding few more thousand and switching your mind from these handguns, you should go for something else like if you are fond of Russian handguns then Baikal Viking 446 is the best. If not Viking then PG will guide you in an appropriate manner.
    Hi hunter bro ...
    sir there is no match of MAKAROV with MP446 and its cheaper then both of makarovs.

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunter View Post
    manner.
    Wolf Hunter brother choice #2 is also a Makarov by Baikal which uses the same Ammunition as #1 ie 9x18 instead of 9x19.

Member Extraordinaire
    I am still looking for a genuine mak for my collection

I Have a baikal one.
    Only thing the old mak has over the baikal is its single stack grip.baikal has bit bulky grip which makes CC a bit difficult but for me it conceals just fine.
    Now what baikal has that old mak does not
    12 round capacity
    mag release button near trigger gaurd.the old maks have it at the base of the grip.cant eject the mag single handedly.which is a big no for me specially in SD situations.
    Third better looking and better ergonomics.
    So far has been trouble free.
    Ps.going to get a silmer wooden grip made for it.that will take care of the bulky plastic grip.

Very nice Mitho bhai very detail review , baikal made makarov might be after 50+ years of original makarov and they do some of alterations as per today requirements and they full fill it .

While this thread is almost a decade old, I was wondering about the price of Makarov (Russian) in 2021 and its availability. I would appreciate if any member is able to guide. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner106 View Post
    While this thread is almost a decade old, I was wondering about the price of Makarov (Russian) in 2021 and its availability. I would appreciate if any member is able to guide. Thanks
    Last checked in Peshawar
    Asking 125k for 442.
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner106 View Post
    I purchsed one starting of Jan 2020, during height of scarcity of New weapons. Cost me 165K from karachi. I'm sure you can get it now for around 130 140 in KHI
    '2 of the loudest sounds: A click when you expect a bang, and a bang when you expect a click'

Baikal Makarov

no. 1 seems bit on higher side, eventhough its like new. good for cc
    \"God, Family & Guns: Plenty to be thankful for !\"

(if you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem)

Option (2) # Baikal Makarov

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan malik View Post
    Salaam to all brothers

Need an experts opinion from respected members to buy a pistols .....options are

1.MAKAROV with 8 shots manfacture year 1976 in very good condition just like brand new price is 58 k.

2.BAIKAL MAKAROV with 12 shots NIB price approx 55 k.

Regards.
    Chioce #1 certainly.. its the best conceal carry weapon arround provided its the original Russian Military Makarov of 1976 because clones are very difficult to differentiate & price is really attractive.. please make sure & inspect it thoroughly, if possible take an expert if in doubt.. I will again say for 58K, its really good.

Are these two u are comparing

Name:  makarov PM.jpg
Views: 12007
Size:  59.3 KB
    8 shot Makarov

Name:  Baikal Makarov PMM.jpg
Views: 9600
Size:  50.9 KB
    12 shot Baikal
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Are these two u are comparing

Name:  makarov PM.jpg
Views: 12007
Size:  59.3 KB
    8 shot Makarov

Name:  Baikal Makarov PMM.jpg
Views: 9600
Size:  50.9 KB
    12 shot Baikal
    Salaam Ameer bro ,
    yes these are the beauties which i ask .