Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zastava EZ9 Coming

Quote Originally Posted by 12GAUGE View Post
    Good looking handgun but I don't know why but an accessory rail under a Sig shape pistol is a big time turn off to me. plus this rail (on EZ 9) is known for its cracking and paint chipping properties.

Regards.
    Bro would u plz elaborate about the rail being known for cracking as I am interested in this handgun primarily due to large fan following of its predecessor cz 999 (which is not available anywhere) on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by simpatico View Post
    Bro would u plz elaborate about the rail being known for cracking as I am interested in this handgun primarily due to large fan following of its predecessor cz 999 (which is not available anywhere) on this forum

Bro, first of all the finish on any Zastava Firearms is always found to be less than ideal and prone to chipping. these rails sharp corners and defined edges are always the areas which lose their finished the first when holstering and un-holstering the gun.

similarly, since the frame of EZ 9 is made out of aluminum which is a very soft material, these rails can always crack under stress or when accidentally banging them against anything.

Regards.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Is it available yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    Is it available yet?
    Not available now. Bought one a month back from peshawar.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Like its predessesors the CZ 99 and the scorpion this version does not have a manual safety as well.

In effect ensuring that its only carried in the hammer down DA position.

WHile thats the way I think a weapon should be carried by all non military personal not delibrately stepping in harms way. I would kind of like the cocked an locked option availabe in most weapons.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Post Fiddling with safety

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Like its predessesors the CZ 99 and the scorpion this version does not have a manual safety as well.

In effect ensuring that its only carried in the hammer down DA position.

WHile thats the way I think a weapon should be carried by all non military personal not delibrately stepping in harms way. I would kind of like the cocked an locked option availabe in most weapons.
    sorry for digging it up

Afik correct me if i am wrong at some point , in combat situations the mind of the solider is meant to usually do one thing
    Pull the trigger.
    that's why most combat pistols don't come with a safety rather a decocking lever to decock it from S/A to DA .

if you feel Any danger you can always pull the trigger with a DA pull to fire . so its kinda ready to fire mode without the hassle of fiddling with safety.
    In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mythical View Post
    sorry for digging it up

Afik correct me if i am wrong at some point , in combat situations the mind of the solider is meant to usually do one thing
    Pull the trigger.
    that's why most combat pistols don't come with a safety rather a decocking lever to decock it from S/A to DA .

if you feel Any danger you can always pull the trigger with a DA pull to fire . so its kinda ready to fire mode without the hassle of fiddling with safety.
    Soldiers in combat use other weapons/firearms than a hand gun most of the time & all these OTHERS have very functional manual safeties
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Soldiers in combat use other weapons/firearms than a hand gun most of the time & all these OTHERS have very functional manual safeties
    Nice one but since we are limited to NPB here and the discussion was about the sidearm ( handguns).
    In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons..

Salam All,
    Mythical bro, its not that simple, I mean the M9 is American standard issue... it has a safety. So do the HK's and CZ's for their armies. IMHO, a safety, or the lack thereoff, is not a factor. A combat handgun should be very reliable, robust and reasonably accurate(since it is a fall back weapon and meant for short ranges). It does not matter whether it has a safety or not, whether it is single or double action. The main thing is TRAINING. Whatever the hardware, it is actually the amount of time and energy invested in practicing with it that makes it good or bad, or should I say EFFICIENT.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Current market price of EZ-9 and which dealer have it ?
    Preferably Peshawar.
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Though I'm quite late to the party, but still, my take in this case?
    Skywalker, I'm sure it isn't the case: You need a handgun with rail to accommodate and support the TLR-2!! Just out of curiosity, why on earth would you want to have an almost identical handgun as "backup"? IMHO, the backup for a full sized handgun should be a compact CCW handgun if I'm not wrong. And a backup should be on person not in the back of a car or home.
    As for the light, it's your personal choice, however, I'd never fix one on a handgun that is my go to CCW. Its just not practical. I'd rather have a dedicated flashlight instead. But then thats just me. YMMV.
    As for those who are worried about the finish wearing off from the picatinny rail, well, better keep the guns back in the safes.

Good old days
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Good old days
    And... 50k was considered expensive in those days!
    I saw one last week. It was used but in decent condition. Asking price was 220k if I recollect correctly. (Daad at Zamzama, Karachi)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

ED bro I have a question , do you have data regarding arms policy 2012 in which a weapon is defined that what is "pistol"?? It's overall length , barrel length , magazine capacity etc bcz I think now there will be illegal to transfer a MP5 on a NPB pistol license as they have been done in past.
    Same was defined regarding shotgun policy , do you have that data ?? If yes plz share it

Member Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    And... 50k was considered expensive in those days!
    I saw one last week. It was used but in decent condition. Asking price was 220k if I recollect correctly. (Daad at Zamzama, Karachi)
    Whooopsies

Quote Originally Posted by nixamani View Post
    ED bro I have a question , do you have data regarding arms policy 2012 in which a weapon is defined that what is "pistol"?? It's overall length , barrel length , magazine capacity etc bcz I think now there will be illegal to transfer a MP5 on a NPB pistol license as they have been done in past.
    Same was defined regarding shotgun policy , do you have that data ?? If yes plz share it

I was at the section office (arms) at the Sindh home department when the policy was handed over to the SO (arms).

I have read it in passing a few times after that as well. If my memory serves me right, I think the max magazine capacity was 22 rounds. This is why hilink .223 ak shaped rifles had 22 rounder mags. Similarly, barrel length determined the fact that the gun was a rifle or a pistol. I forgot what the length was though.