Page 1622 of 1628 FirstFirst ... 622112215221572161216201621162216231624 ... LastLast
Results 32,421 to 32,440 of 32546

Thread: What have you bought today?

  1. #32421
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Congrats brother , ��
    Thank you bro.

  2. #32422
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    I mean I can't log in from my ISP or several others, ever. Not just intermittent issues. The site is not available to me (403d), but I get the email updates. I'm in Texarkana, Texas tonight, at a hotel. If anyone can assist, I'd appreciate it.

    Congratulations to everyone on your new stuff. 9mm is getting very pricey here.

    Bought a Gen 5 Glock 19 for my son's pending 21st birthday. My eldest daughter will be getting a bass guitar to go with her acoustic and electric guitars, harp, synthesizers, microphones, recorder (reed instrument), ocarina, and harmonica. She already has a Sig, a Ruger .44 magnum and some other tools.

    Bought my wife a 1950s Darne sliding breech 12 gauge for anniversary and Christmas. They're a bit pricey.




    Also from my friend's estate, acquired a Gewehr 43 with scope, Type 44 Japanese carbine, and a Type 2 takedown paratrooper rifle.











    The blue tags are where he loaned them to the Fort Benjamin Harrison Museum for display. His family didn't even know he collected. We've already sold enough to cover the mortgage and close his estate with funds left for his niece (closest surviving), and more to follow. He collected firearms, uniforms, armor, swords, signed books, anime disks, jewelry, other artifacts.

    Not many aircraft navigators on C-130 cargo planes earned a Distinguished Flying Cross and 7 Air Medals over Vietnam. But all he ever said was, "I was a navigator."

    He and the aircraft commander landed under fire at Khe San during the Tet Offensive to evacuate Marines.

    I'm pleased I could know a gentleman of such character, and it's a privilege to help his family and to be able to pay them to add such weapons to my collection until they must pass to someone else.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  3. #32423
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    Assist with being able to log in from home, that is. My wife handles our internet. She's a forensic analyst. So she'll understand whatever details there are while I smile and nod.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  4. #32424
    Congrats sir, may i ask the city you purchased it from? Because they’re quoting a very high price here in Karachi. Thanks

  5. #32425
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Thanks Bro.its been long time i can't upload pictures when ever I try to attach pictures it fails I don't know whats the reason.I paid 260k for it,its a G19 gen5 fs USA made but I opted for a non mos model the mos one was between 270 to 275k.
    Congrats sir, may i ask the city you purchased it from? Because they’re quoting a very high price here in Karachi. Thanks see

  6. #32426
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    Congrats sir, may i ask the city you purchased it from? Because they’re quoting a very high price here in Karachi. Thanks see
    Thanks bro.bought it from Peshawar.

  7. #32427
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    I mean I can't log in from my ISP or several others, ever. Not just intermittent issues. The site is not available to me (403d), but I get the email updates. I'm in Texarkana, Texas tonight, at a hotel. If anyone can assist, I'd appreciate it.

    Congratulations to everyone on your new stuff. 9mm is getting very pricey here.

    Bought a Gen 5 Glock 19 for my son's pending 21st birthday. My eldest daughter will be getting a bass guitar to go with her acoustic and electric guitars, harp, synthesizers, microphones, recorder (reed instrument), ocarina, and harmonica. She already has a Sig, a Ruger .44 magnum and some other tools.

    Bought my wife a 1950s Darne sliding breech 12 gauge for anniversary and Christmas. They're a bit pricey.




    Also from my friend's estate, acquired a Gewehr 43 with scope, Type 44 Japanese carbine, and a Type 2 takedown paratrooper rifle.











    The blue tags are where he loaned them to the Fort Benjamin Harrison Museum for display. His family didn't even know he collected. We've already sold enough to cover the mortgage and close his estate with funds left for his niece (closest surviving), and more to follow. He collected firearms, uniforms, armor, swords, signed books, anime disks, jewelry, other artifacts.

    Not many aircraft navigators on C-130 cargo planes earned a Distinguished Flying Cross and 7 Air Medals over Vietnam. But all he ever said was, "I was a navigator."

    He and the aircraft commander landed under fire at Khe San during the Tet Offensive to evacuate Marines.

    I'm pleased I could know a gentleman of such character, and it's a privilege to help his family and to be able to pay them to add such weapons to my collection until they must pass to someone else.
    9mm prices are high every where even here the cheapest 9mm ammo is POF and Chinese retailing around 30usd for a box of fifty.
    the take down paratroopers rifle looks very interesting never see this one any where in our country.
    Last edited by FA226; 28-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

  8. #32428
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Thanks bro.bought it from Peshawar.
    Many - Congratulations!
    G19 is now catching my eyes too.... Dealer Name Please.. if you don't mind.

  9. #32429
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Many - Congratulations!
    G19 is now catching my eyes too.... Dealer Name Please.. if you don't mind.
    Thanks Bro.yes it's good to get one,I bought it from Mazher alam.I am not a big Glock lover,bought it because everyone was saying that i need to get one.

  10. #32430
    Enthusiast AsifKhan762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    274
    Salam
    Today I bought 5 packets of POF 9mm and 2 packets of 311 30 bore from bukhsh Elahi Lahore.Name:  IMG-20211028-WA0028.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  56.9 KB
    Name:  IMG-20211028-WA0027.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  38.0 KB
    The most deadly weapon on any battlefield is the single well-aimed shot.

  11. #32431
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    Some other stuff in the last couple of years.

    Wife got a Dreyse 16 gauge needlefire.







    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  12. #32432
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,136
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    Some other stuff in the last couple of years.

    Wife got a Dreyse 16 gauge needlefire.







    Michael, these are weapons I ever never even heard about, let alone seen. You increase our knowledge everytime you post

    That sliding DBBL thingy for instance. How do you even unload it? And a rifle that comes in two parts .. I thought I knew a thing or two about ww2 weapons. I was wrong..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  13. #32433
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Michael, these are weapons I ever never even heard about, let alone seen. You increase our knowledge everytime you post

    That sliding DBBL thingy for instance. How do you even unload it? And a rifle that comes in two parts .. I thought I knew a thing or two about ww2 weapons. I was wrong..
    The sliding breech has the lever on top. Pull it up, the breech slides back and extracts. Push forward and down to close. The barrels have a separate release button for maintenance.



    The takedown rifle has a wedge and screw (looks like a sling swivel at the middle) that forces it against the receiver.

    Needlefire are paper cartridges with a percussion cap inside. The needle (in lieu of a firing pin) strikes through the paper and ignites the percussion cap. It's effectively caseless.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  14. #32434
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    Funny thing on the needlefire. It's 16 gauge, but not modern 16 gauge. It's .75 Bavarian Inches, which is .665 modern inches. There's an entire wikipedia page on "obsolete German units of measure." Literally every province, county, and city had its own measurements. They eagerly adopted metric.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  15. #32435
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    Lefaucheux style 16 gauge, German made about 1880. Mechanism is partway between the Dreyse and a modern underlever. This one is my wife's also.







    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  16. #32436
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    Lefaucheux style 16 gauge, German made about 1880. Mechanism is partway between the Dreyse and a modern underlever. This one is my wife's also.







    Nice to see you after a long break
    How are doing brother how's everything?
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

  17. #32437
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Nice to see you after a long break
    How are doing brother how's everything?
    Other than access issues to the site, everything is decent. Visiting my wife's family in central Texas. Youngest daughter is modeling a Smith & Wesson Model 1-1/2, 2nd Change, made about 1865, in .32 rimfire. Her left side is a 2nd Model Smith top break in .32 short, made about 1872. Serial number below 200. Had those for a while, but we got her the outfit for the ranch and they go with it. She can hit steel at 10 meters. Good enough to start with.

    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

  18. #32438
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    Other than access issues to the site, everything is decent. Visiting my wife's family in central Texas. Youngest daughter is modeling a Smith & Wesson Model 1-1/2, 2nd Change, made about 1865, in .32 rimfire. Her left side is a 2nd Model Smith top break in .32 short, made about 1872. Serial number below 200. Had those for a while, but we got her the outfit for the ranch and they go with it. She can hit steel at 10 meters. Good enough to start with.

    Adorable!
    She looks like a pretty doll.

  19. #32439
    Assalamualaikum.
    Any brother can tell me where to find Blades tech, Kydex, allien gear, holsters for NPB 9mm Taurus TH9 specifically in Karachi, or in anywhere in Pakistan please reply with address or pin drop location of dealer.

  20. #32440
    Lord of War MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    992
    We found a Suhl, German, made cape gun to match her Lefaucheux style shotgun. 20 gauge X 2.5" next to something about .40 caliber. I'll have to take a chamber cast.











    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •