Page 1574 of 1635 FirstFirst ... 57410741474152415641572157315741575157615841624 ... LastLast
Results 31,461 to 31,480 of 32690

Thread: What have you bought today?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Lets hope for the good man's sake that it is not.

BTW, Guns and Acassories at Zamamzama did try to sell me a local .222 rifle as an original for 250k. they thought that since it was wrapped in shrick wrap plastic, i would nto be able to detect its pedigree
    I was not a casual walk in customer in a way so he really did go out of the way to accommodate me. Otherwise he would've started the asking price from 200k. I also think he made a customer because at some point this year I will also buy a Norinco CQ .223 insha'Allah.

Anyways, ED bhai, I checked ASCC website, they say you have to reserve the spot two days in advance. What's the best way to go there, just show up? Also, is it possible to visit the range with family?

Yes, the japs do so. When we were aquiring a Katana we were helped a lot by an old Jap village sward maker who instructed us in detail wiht the help of google translator
    Did I read this correctly. where and for what did you get an authentic katana? All I have is a rusted sword of my great great grandfather and think of getting a better maintained quality sword whenever I see it.

Member Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by zee_shah View Post
    I was not a casual walk in customer in a way
    If you say so...
    You are the same guy that was getting a local beretta right

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    If you say so...
    You are the same guy that was getting a local beretta right
    Yes. Advised by Ustad Kareem through his son. The seasoned local expert you or some other member said doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    Did I read this correctly. where and for what did you get an authentic katana? All I have is a rusted sword of my great great grandfather and think of getting a better maintained quality sword whenever I see it.
    They exist here. I know how to polish them, but I will only do it on lesser swords. I lack the decades of experience for the more valuable ones. I can offer some advice.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zee_shah View Post
    I was not a casual walk in customer in a way so he really did go out of the way to accommodate me. Otherwise he would've started the asking price from 200k. I also think he made a customer because at some point this year I will also buy a Norinco CQ .223 insha'Allah.

Anyways, ED bhai, I checked ASCC website, they say you have to reserve the spot two days in advance. What's the best way to go there, just show up? Also, is it possible to visit the range with family?
    We plan on going there early tomorow morning if we can. The range master is a good friend. I have promised him we will collect funds and get some fresh shelters for the various shooting ports. its getting hard to shoot in the sizzling heat. I have to quit procastinating and get the job done. We try to drag our families there. But its kinda hot and we wake em really early in the morning. I am trying to get all the boys and girls up and running by 8 am tommorow.

Call Akhtar bhai (The Range Master) 03435872786. Give him ED bhai's reference.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

It is a looong and painful story lasting a couple of years and we finaly manged two peices. Her name is Venom and her brother is called Raven. I tried to get her a running mate a Wakhi Zashi, but alas, the source dried up and we are now forced to forge our ouwn. Which I dont think wil happen.

But damn! a 1095 steel katana is one heck of a weapon. i shaved my arm wiht it. It was less painful than if I had ran a gillete mark II razor.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    They exist here. I know how to polish them, but I will only do it on lesser swords. I lack the decades of experience for the more valuable ones. I can offer some advice.
    I keep mine oiled and kept in its Oakwood Saya (scabbard) the wood absorbs the moisture and the oil coating ensures that there is no rust anywhere on the blade, even though I live near the sea. Since katanas are not chromed or treated with any other coating they are extremely suseptable to rust.

Member Extraordinaire
    It was less painful than if I had ran a gillete mark II razor.
    Should have tried mach III turbo

I keep mine oiled and kept in its Oakwood Saya (scabbard) the wood absorbs the moisture and the oil coating ensures that there is no rust anywhere on the blade
    Pictureeeesss, please I have actually never seen a real authentic katana. I won't have seen any in person even after you upload pictures but I will be a happier man.
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Yes, the japs do so. When we were aquiring a Katana we were helped a lot by an old Jap village sward maker who instructed us in detail wiht the help of google translator
    You were able to acquire an authentic Katana ? I didn't know that people had them in Pakistan ?
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    You were able to acquire an authentic Katana ? I didn't know that people had them in Pakistan ?
    WEll she has the hamon line,. the Bo hee,. the regulation Tsuba and Tsuka and kashira. The Ito is hand done by hand I also managed to put in a couple of cute little dragon shaped Manukis and the medatory bull horn Saya . For practice We acquired a couple of Bokken wooden swords.

She sits on her stand with the Bokken and an Amazonian pattern Blow pipe.

I will put in the pics from my laptop later today.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Should have tried mach III turbo
    Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide Power Men's Razor. I wil try that (Pakka promise)

Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

WEll she has the hamon line,. the Bo hee,. the regulation Tsuba and Tsuka and kashira. The Ito is hand done by hand I also managed to put in a couple of cute little dragon shaped Manukis and the medatory bull horn Saya . For practice We acquired a couple of Bokken wooden swords.

She sits on her stand with the Bokken and an Amazonian pattern Blow pipe.

Half of what you said, just went over my head. That just shows how limited my knowledge on the topic is, lol. I just know that I saw a documentary once on Katanas, in it they said that the Japanese government had banned thier export. So, the only new Katanas available to people in other countries were made by a few artisans who had moved abroad and had started making them, elsewhere. Yes, but do upload the pictures, please.
    Last edited by malik94; 23-03-2019 at 06:00 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Japanese style blades are prone to rust due to the polish technique--finer and finer abrasives leave an open grain. Power buffing with a wax polish seals the surface somewhat, but doesn't show the grain of the metal as well.

I can get several grades of swords here from base to very limited handmade, but I don't know how hard it would be to ship and import to Pakistan.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    I did not elaborate clearly but the only Katana I have is from my dreams. My hereditary sword is not a Katana. I do not even know exactly what kind/place it is from. For all I know it could even be a ceremonial one from officers of British Army in Indian subcontinent. Any restoration/polish/maintenance tips will be helpful though. I like to believe it is the same one that my great grand father used to kill a leopard that chewed off his left hand.

Any restoration/polish/maintenance tips will be helpful though. I like to believe it is the same one that my great grand father used to kill a leopard that chewed off his left hand.
    Certainly. Message or email me (gmail mzmadmike) and I can summarize some basics.

I bought 25 rounds on S&B JHP 9mm @ Rs 200 a round.

Quote Originally Posted by adnanbangash View Post
    I bought 25 rounds on S&B JHP 9mm @ Rs 200 a round.
    In karachi S&B FMJ goes for around 250 a pop and JHP from 275 to 300 a pop