Page 1538 of 1620 FirstFirst ... 53810381438148815281536153715381539154015481588 ... LastLast
Results 30,741 to 30,760 of 32391

Thread: What have you bought today?

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    @ But Why its 60/pop already tough price

Quote Originally Posted by arslanbutt0101 View Post
    Bought a POF B6 with the fellow member EDDIE from Huffaz Corporation,Luckly Star,Saddar. Will post pics tomorrow,Insha'Allah.
    Congrats Mr. Arsalan.. hope you will be a happy satisfied customer this time :-)
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Quote Originally Posted by arslanbutt0101 View Post
    Bought a POF B6 with the fellow member EDDIE from Huffaz Corporation,Luckly Star,Saddar. Will post pics tomorrow,Insha'Allah.
    Congratulations bro.

B6 is good gun congrats may it serve you in right way

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    Congrats Mr. Arsalan.. hope you will be a happy satisfied customer this time :-)
    Thank you Sir,I took your advice,since it is a HD weapon,an NP mini was not a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    B6 is good gun congrats may it serve you in right way
    Thank you sir.

Afzaal bro i am regular range visitor and this quantity is nothing may be 4 visits only so looking for more
    Allah bless u bro.
    Keep going
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Thanks Afzaal bro

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    But if it's the same as 7.62X39, which is only slightly different, I can see both some cross compatibility and conversions.
    I saw a very nice conversion of a Type 38 to 7.62x39. The builder used one of the 10-round Norinco magazines. I wasn't much interested until he mentioned the bolt required no modification. Then I checked "Cartridges of the World" and then went to the ammo cabinet with the calipers. Yep, 7.62x39 and 6.5x50SR are the same. And then the Voices pointed out that Beowulf uses the x39 case head size... since I already had the reamer and loading tools for Beowulf I was unable to resist.

SIA used to do some very nice 7.62x39 conversions for the SMLE, but the SMLE is easy; it uses a flat-faced bolt and the extractor hook has an absurdly long travel. The Brit .223 conversions still needed a new extractor hook, but the 7x57 conversions that were once popular in Canada required no mods at all. The 7x57 is a fine cartridge - Rigby adopted it as the .275 Rigby - but I don't see that it offered any real advantage over the .303 for Canadian hunters, particularly when .303 was available everywhere at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires
    indigenous
    The Japanese came up with plenty of their own stuff, but they were never hesitant to adopt foreign designs if they felt they were better suited for their purposes.

Near the end of the war they were building copies of British and American automatic weapons, sometimes in Japanese calibers, sometimes in the original calibers. Plus their own designs. I wouldn't have touched that supply chain with a long stick...

@ But Why its 60/pop already tough price
    thx a lot sir

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    I saw a very nice conversion of a Type 38 to 7.62x39. The builder used one of the 10-round Norinco magazines. I wasn't much interested until he mentioned the bolt required no modification. Then I checked "Cartridges of the World" and then went to the ammo cabinet with the calipers. Yep, 7.62x39 and 6.5x50SR are the same. And then the Voices pointed out that Beowulf uses the x39 case head size... since I already had the reamer and loading tools for Beowulf I was unable to resist.

SIA used to do some very nice 7.62x39 conversions for the SMLE, but the SMLE is easy; it uses a flat-faced bolt and the extractor hook has an absurdly long travel. The Brit .223 conversions still needed a new extractor hook, but the 7x57 conversions that were once popular in Canada required no mods at all. The 7x57 is a fine cartridge - Rigby adopted it as the .275 Rigby - but I don't see that it offered any real advantage over the .303 for Canadian hunters, particularly when .303 was available everywhere at the time.

The Japanese came up with plenty of their own stuff, but they were never hesitant to adopt foreign designs if they felt they were better suited for their purposes.

Near the end of the war they were building copies of British and American automatic weapons, sometimes in Japanese calibers, sometimes in the original calibers. Plus their own designs. I wouldn't have touched that supply chain with a long stick...
    And what about the reversal (conversion) from 7.62x39 to 7.62x51 NATO/308? some of the Russian RPKs having 4.8 kg (10.6 lb) Wt. and 590 mm (23.2 in) chrome-lined HEAVY barrel, can be converted. Areas of work in this project (if the facilities are available) will be the Chamber, mag well and bolt assembly. But how?

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    And what about the reversal (conversion) from 7.62x39 to 7.62x51 NATO/308? some of the Russian RPKs having 4.8 kg (10.6 lb) Wt. and 590 mm (23.2 in) chrome-lined HEAVY barrel, can be converted. Areas of work in this project (if the facilities are available) will be the Chamber, mag well and bolt assembly. But how?
    You'd need a different action in most cases, due to the longer cartridge.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

Lumping in "AK-47" and similar Valmet, Norinco, Molot and Saiga semiauto sporting rifles together, the main difference is the length of the magazine well and where the holes are drilled for the center support and (sometimes) the fire control group. The receivers don't interchange, but they're all the same basic size and shape. So if you're using a blank or a flat, you just drill it to match the required magwell.

The Saiga-100, which would be in the running for "ugliest rifle in the world", was available in .30-06, as was the Valmet, and some of the Tula-made sporters. Molot still lists the .30-06, though I'm not sure if they export them to the USA. It took a lot of internal rearrangement to fit such a long cartridge in there.

When the Poles made the PSL they simply stretched things out for more room, even though the 7.62x54R is a bit shorter than the .30-06.

Back when AK kits were cheap, there were whole forums where builders went nuts building AKs in unlikely calibers. I still have a few AK and PSL kits I haven't built yet. Before gunco.net and theakforum.com got Borged by VerticalScope, members had built rifles in various unlikely rifle and pistol calibers. It was the .45-70 build on Gunco that made me appreciate just how flexible the basic AK design is. And what people could do to a rifle with simple tools and a burning desire for more cowbell...

Every now and then I have to ignore the Voices that keep telling me how nice it would be to build one with one of those nice one-piece Vepr sporter stocks and making use of the .318 Westley Richards chambering reamer that I bought in a weak moment. The Voices don't even work, so there's no way they could help pay for expensive odd-caliber Woodleigh bullets to feed such a monstrosity. I just ignore the Voices. [twitch]

You'd need a different action in most cases, due to the longer cartridge.
    Thanks for the replies MZW & TRX Sir! We can only dream of having those "unlimited" facilities/caliber of our own choice due to restrictions and limitation.

BTW in the meanwhile came across this "flare pistol" so I grabbed it for fun in the dark. Its old Russian made with 20 rounds (12 g type capsules). Only round fired having a Rocket like white trail. The other one missed and did not fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Had this custom made from a guy in Wazirabad, overall length is 8.2" Blade length (where the sharp area starts) is 3.7", the steel material is D2 Tool Steel.
    The Sheath also has a clip on the back for carrying.

Name:  20170919_195418.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  53.4 KB
    Name:  20170919_195448.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  20170919_195650.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  90.1 KB
    Name:  20170919_195507.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  67.4 KB
    Last edited by Neko; 27-09-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Thanks for the replies MZW & TRX Sir! We can only dream of having those "unlimited" facilities/caliber of our own choice due to restrictions and limitation.

BTW in the meanwhile came across this "flare pistol" so I grabbed it for fun in the dark. Its old Russian made with 20 rounds (12 g type capsules). Only round fired having a Rocket like white trail. The other one missed and did not fire.
    What gauge is it? Be sure to never fire actual shotgun shells in it.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

What gauge is it? Be sure to never fire actual shotgun shells in it.
    This thing is unique, larger in diameter then a 12G and yeah... I am aware of that ... googled it, and its 26.5 mm. Inserts for small calibers are out there but not available here in my locality.

All flare pistols available anywhere??

All flare pistols available anywhere??
    Is it a question Dear? or you have any clue;

congratulations Neko
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.