Page 1537 of 1620 FirstFirst ... 53710371437148715271535153615371538153915471587 ... LastLast
Results 30,721 to 30,740 of 32391

Thread: What have you bought today?

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Nothing is free in this world bro.
    U have to repay one day.
    But still a great gesture from a real friend.
    Ha Ha ,u are very right brother ,its like a salami on wedding caz i think we are all pass that age where if relations get a bit messy between friends and they say to each other " Nikal meri kulfi jo tujay last friday ko khilaye thi

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    ED no one can meet your desired requirements except Arminius 7 shot lol
    unless, it is the Np 42 mini. That is one small gun that packs a real wallop
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    you know i also have same Arminius but better looking lol

congrats virk sb for glock.

Thanks Rana SB

Supreme Member
    Ajmal bhi congratulations, glock is the handgun in its all true perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    A Type 31 or Type 38?
    Type 38. A friend bought it off ArmsList, decided it was too rough to meet his standards, and passed it on to me. Someone had "sporterized" the stock long ago, and a half-decent Arisaka stock seems to cost a small fortune nowadays. Nonetheless while ugly it's still fully functional, and I very nearly decided to leave it in 6.5x50SR, which turns out to be quite a nice little cartridge, more or less equivalent to the 6.5 Mannlicher. The Arisaka barrel might wind up on something else, someday.

The 6.5x50, it turns out, has the same rim diameter as the 7.62x39. Which has the same rim diameter as the Beowulf, which means no bolt or extractor modifications would be needed for a conversion.

Most of my projects have been big bores. But the next project will be little bitty. I have new dies and a shiny chambering reamer for .235 Ultraspeed-Express.

Warnt Arasikas Japanese?
    Yes. They've been called "improved Mausers" since they share various design features in common with the Model 98 Mauser. The Japanese went their own way with the safety mechanism, which was definitely not an improvement over the Mauser. About the best you can say is, "well, it's easier to operate than a Mosin-Nagant..." I think the Arisaka ejector is a definite improvement. Lots of Arisakas made it to the US after WWII, but ammunition has always been a problem. Loaded ammunition or brass have only been available intermittently, usually at a premium price. Both the 6.5 and 7.7mm cartridges were an odd diameter and rim size and no easily-available brass could be converted to work with either without a lot of work. Right now brass is cheap from Prvi Partizan in Serbia, so I've bought plenty of 7.7 in case it goes away... Arisakas used to be very cheap because ammunition was hard to find and expensive. Not so cheap any more, but they have a reputation for being very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post

The 6.5x50, it turns out, has the same rim diameter as the 7.62x39. Which has the same rim diameter as the Beowulf, which means no bolt or extractor modifications would be needed for a conversion.

Yes. They've been called "improved Mausers" s.
    Some parts are even interchangeable--sling swivels and screws. The 6.5 Arisaka is the best Mauser ever made. There's one in the NRA museum where a guy, not realizing there were two calibers, reamed it for .30-06 and it still shot, swaging the .30 cal bullet down to .28 cal.

IIRC, they have a close base dia as 8mm Mauser, like all the other derivatives. But they aren't easy calibers to find in hardware stores. Most gun stores have a box hanging out there. But if it's the same as 7.62X39, which is only slightly different, I can see both some cross compatibility and conversions.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

thanks Shah Jee

you know i also have same Arminius but better looking lol
    Still trying to figure out how to change the weapon on the MOI card license. I have seen almost NIB 7 shot German wheelies for under 15k here in Karachi.

HTey can take my weapon off my license, but getting a fresh card is still a tall order here.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Type 38. A friend bought it off ArmsList, decided it was too rough to meet his standards, and passed it on to me. Someone had "sporterized" the stock long ago, and a half-decent Arisaka stock seems to cost a small fortune nowadays. Nonetheless while ugly it's still fully functional, and I very nearly decided to leave it in 6.5x50SR, which turns out to be quite a nice little cartridge, more or less equivalent to the 6.5 Mannlicher. The Arisaka barrel might wind up on something else, someday.

Most of my projects have been big bores. But the next project will be little bitty. I have new dies and a shiny chambering reamer for .235 Ultraspeed-Express.

Yes. They've been called "improved Mausers" since they share various design features in common with the Model 98 Mauser. The Japanese went their own way with the safety mechanism, which was definitely not an improvement over the Mauser. About the best you can say is, "well, it's easier to operate than a Mosin-Nagant..." I think the Arisaka ejector is a definite improvement. Lots of Arisakas made it to the US after WWII, but ammunition has always been a problem. Loaded ammunition or brass have only been available intermittently, usually at a premium price. Both the 6.5 and 7.7mm cartridges were an odd diameter and rim size and no easily-available brass could be converted to work with either without a lot of work. Right now brass is cheap from Prvi Partizan in Serbia, so I've bought plenty of 7.7 in case it goes away... Arisakas used to be very cheap because ammunition was hard to find and expensive. Not so cheap any more, but they have a reputation for being very strong.
    Oh htis is interesting. I had no idea the japs went the German way. Hitherto, i had always considered the Arasika to be a purely indigenous design, like the enfeild or the Mosin

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Still trying to figure out how to change the weapon on the MOI card license. I have seen almost NIB 7 shot German wheelies for under 15k here in Karachi.

HTey can take my weapon off my license, but getting a fresh card is still a tall order here.
    Mail me ed
    I will let u know.
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

bought 500 rounds of 9 mm POF

Preparing for war ?
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Congratulations bro.

Preparing for war ?
    You never know.

Bought a POF B6 with the fellow member EDDIE from Huffaz Corporation,Luckly Star,Saddar. Will post pics tomorrow,Insha'Allah.
    Name:  IMG_20170919_141733.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  73.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170919_141743.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  83.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170919_141827.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  99.2 KB
    This image is for a fellow pakgunner who had trouble finding Saddlers
    Name:  IMG_20170919_130930.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  68.2 KB
    Last edited by arslanbutt0101; 19-09-2017 at 07:13 PM.

congrats plz share price

Preparing for war ?
    No! but preparing for hopeless time
    when 9mm red box will be rare to none ... what do we say in urdu ??? Nayaab

Believe me, bad times are upon us...
    Last edited by khan tanoli; 19-09-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Afzaal bro i am regular range visitor and this quantity is nothing may be 4 visits only so looking for more