Page 1566 of 1569 FirstFirst ... 566106614661516155615641565156615671568 ... LastLast
Results 31,301 to 31,320 of 31370

Thread: What have you bought today?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadi View Post
    Hi to all respected members. I am new here but have been following Pakguns from a long time now as I have found this forum very useful in many ways related to arms. I just got my license made in August and tried registering here but was not registered till yesterday. I had to buy a firearm and needed suggestions and support, any ways cutting it short I got the attached firearm from Famous Arms Karachi. Just wanted to know if there are any users who have used the same and could give a feed back.

I would be much obliged. Thanks

Attachment 38048
    There was a time when I used to think of Mr.Mehmood Khakhi (propriotor of Famous arms as a decent human being) but alas I have had to pay for my naivete. (Almost Rs. 52k to be precise) Albeit having said that. Standard rule of thumb. If its an imported weapon, it is good. if it is not an imported weapon, then all bets are off.

And if its a local clone sold by our "worthy" Mr. khakhi... Ah well..

I need not say any more
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    You can get a used Mossberg for $199, and everyone knows they're reliable. Any import has to be on par with a used gun to be marketable.

I've watched Pakistani products improve dramatically in the last 20 years. I have no issues trusting them. But a lot of people don't, and there's a nationalistic pushback at present because almost all our consumer goods are imported. China, especially is not well thought of.

I trust Pakistani work a lot more than Indian or unspecified Chinese.

We also have a DSA brand here that is different. DSArms.com
    I am curious MZW. Which Pakistani weapon have you seen on your side of the pond? And how did they perform? The reason being that I found out about Badar and brothers' excellent TT from an American user. And have been recommending them to many members here. And by and large they are all pretty satisfied with their export quality TT pistols
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Damn man it's a clone and yes bought it from Mehmood himself with a 6 month warranty Enigmatic Desires

Damn man it's a clone and yes bought it from Mehmood himself with a 6 month warranty Enigmatic Desires
    Hahaha
    It's funny how they give out warranties
    6months
    9months
    12months
    And so on.....
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Hahaha
    6months
    9months
    12months
    And so on.....
    so motivating. i got one with 5 year warranty
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    so motivating. i got one with 5 year warranty
    Lucky you Sire.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

I got permission to buy 9mm handgun recently. Prices of pistols are very high. One dealer offer me norinco np22 for 88k and another for 95k. Is it np22 worth at that price?

ED: I sell knives when not writing. The offerings from Pakistan 30 years ago were often pretty, but not impressive quality-wise. I've watched several makers there, and some Pak ex-pats living here and importing, bring that industry up to where several American name brands (Marbles, notably, and Frost) are made in Pakistan, and are a top notch product.

I believe I've seen some of the DSA shotguns. Though I was assuming they were Turkish--we're getting a lot of Turkish, Slovakian, Slovenian arms of late. So I was mistaken there. But you've seen some of my list. I can easily forget what I have. I just found another Carcano I'd forgotten about, and that 10-22.

And lots of your surplus ammo has come here with no issues. People ARE warned that Indian ammo can be questionable, and Bangladeshi.

Indian made knives have not improved to speak of in that time frame. They do have nice textiles, though.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

So, Alice got an electrical device inserted to stimulate some weak nerves to keep the muscles functioning. She is now part cyborg.

Not sure how to install a laser, though.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com TIDE OF BATTLE, Jul 2018 from Baen Books//FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books

So now, any advise ?

Hahaha
    6months
    9months
    12months
    And so on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Umar1 View Post
    I got permission to buy 9mm handgun recently. Prices of pistols are very high. One dealer offer me norinco np22 for 88k and another for 95k. Is it np22 worth at that price?
    Np-22 is being used by PAK ARMY. rest you do your math.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Chuckles. .. I believed in his warranty.. Purchased a .223 rifle local..She set me back by around 53k It was a giant paper weight, no more no less. Took it back to him..

He wont even touch it with a ten yard pole, anymore. I generally buy my locals from RAC (royal Arms Company) since they have a factory outlet right here in Karachi at Lucky Star. And when things go wrong they actually stand by their products and replace the parts, free of cost.

Apart from that ZSA (Zafar Alam betties are good) if they are real ones that is, since many people are now using the ZSA brand. They are available right opposite (im)Famous arms at Guns for Defence (Asim Bhai) or Ali Armoury. Also opposite (im)famous arms.

P.S mine was a life time warranty..

Quote Originally Posted by Umar1 View Post
    It depends on city to city and dealer to dealer. Day before yesterday, we were able to get a rail equipped one for 75k Brand new from main lucky star Saddar Karachi

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    ED: I sell knives when not writing. The offerings from Pakistan 30 years ago were often pretty, but not impressive quality-wise. I've watched several makers there, and some Pak ex-pats living here and importing, bring that industry up to where several American name brands (Marbles, notably, and Frost) are made in Pakistan, and are a top notch product.

I believe I've seen some of the DSA shotguns. Though I was assuming they were Turkish--we're getting a lot of Turkish, Slovakian, Slovenian arms of late. So I was mistaken there. But you've seen some of my list. I can easily forget what I have. I just found another Carcano I'd forgotten about, and that 10-22.

And lots of your surplus ammo has come here with no issues. People ARE warned that Indian ammo can be questionable, and Bangladeshi.

Indian made knives have not improved to speak of in that time frame. They do have nice textiles, though.
    Yes, I have heard good things about Pak made knives. However, our initial experiences were horrid, before we found the right artisan for the task at hand. And have been well satisfied since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Yes, I have heard good things about Pak made knives. However, our initial experiences were horrid, before we found the right artisan for the task at hand. And have been well satisfied since then.
    My only issue when commissioning historical reproductions is avoiding local artisanal touches. I don't want them to be "better," I want them to look like original historical pieces. Like this.

Name:  LTN_Vapenkniv_02.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  13.5 KBName:  StoraIreGotland.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  35.2 KB

and my reconstruction:

Name:  Kuhnives.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  105.5 KB
    Last edited by MichaelZWilliamson; 11-10-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    Np-22 is being used by PAK ARMY. rest you do your math.
    What are you trying to imply?
    B6 is also being used by army.
    Is it prudent to spend 88k on 35k weapon because army is using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Chuckles. .. I believed in his warranty.. Purchased a .223 rifle local..She set me back by around 53k It was a giant paper weight, no more no less. Took it back to him..

He wont even touch it with a ten yard pole, anymore. I generally buy my locals from RAC (royal Arms Company) since they have a factory outlet right here in Karachi at Lucky Star. And when things go wrong they actually stand by their products and replace the parts, free of cost.

Apart from that ZSA (Zafar Alam betties are good) if they are real ones that is, since many people are now using the ZSA brand. They are available right opposite (im)Famous arms at Guns for Defence (Asim Bhai) or Ali Armoury. Also opposite (im)famous arms.

P.S mine was a life time warranty..
    Thanks man for the advise, now that I have bought this for 28K and have not fired a single shot till date. What should I do ?

What are you trying to imply?
    B6 is also being used by army.
    Is it prudent to spend 88k on 35k weapon because army is using it?
    army uses it proves its reliability. what price is prevailing at the moment was not discussed.

if people can pay 400k for a 60k glock, why not np-22 can be sold for 90k in this Godforsaken land ?
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Thanks man for the advise, now that I have bought this for 28K and have not fired a single shot till date. What should I do ?
    Rs.28K is not a bad price for a local clone. Our dealer warranties are meaningless, so do not fret. Refund/replacement is never an option here. Mr. M. Khaki being owner of Famous arms will probably keep his word and replace any broken parts within six months. Run a box or two of ammo through the pistol within this period and enjoy.

I keep being reminded that in most of the world "box of ammo" means

And not