Page 1529 of 1529 FirstFirst ... 5291029142914791519152715281529
Results 30,561 to 30,567 of 30567

Thread: What have you bought today?

@ MZW
    any caliber which civillians could not obtain in U.S ?
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Senior Member MichaelZWilliamson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    @ MZW
    any caliber which civillians could not obtain in U.S ?
    There are no calibers we can't obtain if they are available. Anything above .50 that is not a recognized sporting cartridge (.600 nitro would be a sporting cartridge. 20mm cannon would not be) is a "Destructive Device" and requires a $200 tax stamp for the weapon, and if the ammo is explosive, $200 rounds each. But solid, tracer, incendiary or armor piercing are not restricted.

California and a couple of other states have banned .50 BMG specifically. But there are no federal restrictions on caliber other than above.

It's very hard to find some, though. I just found a source for .43 Mauser, 6.5mm Dutch, the 7.5mm Swedish, and Brazilian .320 Garrucha.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books//HOW TO SURVIVE THE END OF THE WORLD, National Geographic Channel, 2014 (consultant)

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    That is a hauntingly beautiful countryside indeed.

Trust me MZW, you are a lucky man indeed.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Really lucky guys
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

In good weather it looks like this from the back corner.

That's a cornfield across the road. There is always a cornfield in the picture in Indiana. Unless there is a soybean field.

The brown building is an old barn.
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com FORGED IN BLOOD, Sep 2017 from Baen Books//HOW TO SURVIVE THE END OF THE WORLD, National Geographic Channel, 2014 (consultant)

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Judging by the low roof of the barn, I gather that it has a sizable basement
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Judging by the low roof of the barn, I gather that it has a sizable basement
    It's dug 4' into the hill. There's a ditch behind it you can't see from here.