Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: How to Post Pictures / Video's at PakGuns (March 2011)

Blog Entries

Tutorial: How to Post Pictures / Video's at PakGuns (March 2011)

Salams,

There is some confusion on how to upload / share pictures at PakGuns after our server migration. We were facing some issues with our own image uploader and members had to share their pictures via Photobucket etc. The good news is that our internal image up loader is now up and running making it extremely easy to add pictures to your posts. Below are 3 ways how to :

1). Basic Image Uploader at PakGuns

On the bottom of every page there is a Quick reply box, in box there are 9 buttons. For image upload select the 7th from the left or the third from the right. Once your mouse is over it, it will also display "Image Upload" as a quick text. Select it and it will open an upload window, click "Select files" and it will open a window displaying your hard drive. Select the files you want to upload and click "Open", you will then see all the files selected. Then click "Upload Files" and the files will begin to upload. They will auto display once uploaded.
    Name:  uploadbox.JPG
Views: 1311
Size:  44.4 KB

Note: Members will get a simple (url only) image upload box when editing a previous post. To add pictures to an existing posts use the Advanced image uploader explained below.

2). Advanced Image Uploader at PakGuns

On the bottom of every page there is a Quick reply box, on the lower right corner of the box there is a button titled "Go Advanced". Click it and you will be taken to a reply box with full options the PakGuns forum software provides. To add pictures click the "Manage Attachments" button and a popup window will open. It will show you all the files that you have uploaded already at PakGuns, if you would like to add one of the previously uploaded ones simply click and drag them. If you would like to share new pictures then click "Add Files" and point to the files you would like to upload.

Name:  uploadboxadvanced.JPG
Views: 1363
Size:  87.7 KB

Members were having problems resizing images which is why we have installed an auto resize software at our forum. All images will be resized to a web friendly level (you won't see any loss in quality at all).

Uses have the following limits on picture uploads at PakGuns Servers:

a). 0-200 Posts (100 Pictures and 10 MB space)

b). 200-1600 Posts (250 Pictures and 30 MB Space)

c). 1600+ Posts (500 Pictures and 100 MB Space)

3). PhotoBucket

If you want to post one of your pictures then first you need a place to store it on the Internet. We recommend www.photobucket.com as it's easy to use and also auto resizes the image so that your pictures will not be too large nor too small.

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up. After sign up log in your account and click "Upload Now". It will load another page with a big green button saying " Select Photo's and Video's". Select it and it will open a window pointing to your hard drive, simply choose the files you want to share (press shift and click on more than one files to upload multiple files at the same time) and the program will begin to upload them automatically. Once finished click save and continue. Your uploaded pictures will be displayed in the next page. Move your mouse over the image that you want to share and click on IMG CODE. It will auto select the link, come back to your post and either right click and Paste or press CTRL + V. You're done !

Name:  uploadPB.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  74.7 KB

4). URL Image

If you would like to share an image which is already present on the internet, select the Image upload button in the quick reply box like explained above and once the uploader opens select "From URL". Simply enter the link where the image is present.

Name:  uploadbox3.JPG
Views: 1291
Size:  23.7 KB

Alternately you can also use the [img] before and [/img] after a link to share a picture.

5). Video Sharing

Sharing Video is very easy as well and quite similar to the 1st method of picture posting. In the quick reply box simply click the 8th button from the left (mouse over will show "Insert Video"). A popup widow will open asking for a link/url (address) of the video you want to share. Simply copy it there and click "Ok". It will auto add in your post. Click on the Post button and you're done !

Name:  uploadbox4.JPG
Views: 1357
Size:  29.5 KB

If there are any questions / queries just ask, the mods and senior members are very helpful.

Blog Entries
    Tested.. its working; hoollaallaa
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

thats very nice of u brother , any ways I was now familiar the photo bucket thing,but now we are back on our old direct uploading software , its easy and quick.
    “You can get more with a nice word and a gun than you can with a nice word.”

Blog Entries
    I would also like to add that if anyone if facing problems viewing pictures posted at the forum i.e some pictures are too small, some too large. Adjust the viewing by pressing CTRL and + at the same time to zoom in and CTRL and - to zoom out.

@Assad Ahmad Thank you, I'm glad you find it useful.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. A relief, Chief.

The short cut option 1 does not work for me, however, I'm still being prompted for a URL, no popping up of any upload options from any of my drives.

Option 2 however seems working again, I'm posting this butt-stock for a try, let's see:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Blog Entries
    Ok, seems things have started working.

Kindly check why option 1 is not working for me.

Regards.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post

Its (option 1) working al right AK bro... you can see yourself, what do you think about the gun by the way?
    Lolz! As long as mods cannot make it work with all their special softwares, how should we? Denovo bro, I can only see a tiny "square" on the upper right of your reply, where you meant to put a big gun, lolz!

Blog Entries
    Are you really not being able to see the picture bro? I even can see the picture in the quotes of your message.

Just a quick remedy, go to settings then in general settings and check all three boxes shown in the below pic... hope you atleast be able to see the picture I posted. Attaching below using photobucket but I am sure after tweeking with the setting you will be able to see the pictures posted using the forum software...

Last edited by Denovo87; 09-03-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lolz, right on cue Ak. I asked Denovo and 12G to ban you for a couple of days before posting this thread but sigh they don't listen

Strange that the Basic uploader is not working for you, are you trying to add an image by editing your post ? I checked all cataogies of members with a test account and they all were posting pictures just fine.

Note: Members will get a simple (url only) image upload box when editing a previous post. To add pictures to an existing posts use the Advanced image uploader explained below

As for Denovo's pic, I see it fine.

Blog Entries
    Lolz! You guyz really making me feel like born back in the 1920'ies!

No, I can't see anythin in this post Denovo bro, and I'm surprised that you're seeing it even in the quote!!!

Chief, instead of looking for excuses, try it for a couple of days bro, lolz! (Banning)

No, bro, I'm not editing any of the older posts, but trying to post in never ones, ok, let me try again here, in this very post, just for your satisfaction. I just only see the URL prompting message, when I click on the relevant button!!

The very fact that I can't even see Denovo bro's posted image, tells, there's simething wrong with my account. Plz guide.

Regards.

PS. It didn't work this time around, again!!!

Blog Entries
    OK another try, lets see if its visible now...

Name:  SHARK.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  28.2 KB

@AK47 I have set this test account to mimic your account. Almost the same number of posts and everything else is the same. Going to try and post a picture from the Basic Uploader.
    Name:  bb1.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  100.4 KB

Seems to be working just fine. No issues at all.

Blog Entries
    AK bro I am sure your computer needs another wash

Just a give it a try after restarting your machine & deleting all cookies from your browser before logging in to Pakguns.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Lolz! You guyz really making me feel like born back in the 1920'ies!

Chief, instead of looking for excuses, try it for a couple of days bro, lolz! (Banning)
    No banning, We'd all miss you too much

As for the image upload, I'm clueless as it's working perfectly fine for me and all test accounts. May I suggest pouring a little Brunox or Hoppes Powder Solvent on your computer's processor ?

Blog Entries
    Ha ha ha, whatever was done, was from your controls, coz, when I went into settings, all three boxes were already marked, and when I return here, this Monster Shark is showing it's teeth, lolz! Thanks Denovo bro for the magic touch, and thanks Chief for the kind words, you're wonderful guyz!

Regards.

Blog Entries
    Hey Denovo bro, I can see your pics as I wrote in my last post, but heck, the uploading issue is still there in option 1!!! Never mind, I'll be using the Advanced mode then, if this issue can't get solved with my account. Any more magic around??

Regards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Hey Denovo bro, I can see your pics as I wrote in my last post, but heck, the uploading issue is still there in option 1!!! Never mind, I'll be using the Advanced mode then, if this issue can't get solved with my account. Any more magic around??

Regards.
    Dont worry it will be working OK for you tomorrow, you know; for you bad things take some time to get settled

Blog Entries
    @Ak47 Give it another try. I have tweaked a few settings in your profile. Clear your browser cache, restart your P.C and try again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Dont worry it will be working OK for you tomorrow, you know; for you bad things take some time to get settled
    You got it right bro, really in a vice these days, lolz!

Looking forward to seeing your magic show by tomorrow, perhaps it's kind of " Zhor ka Jhatka " required here, lolz!

Blog Entries
    Oh thanks Chief, didn't know you were working in the background, let me check it out, though it may take some time. Thanks for the concern, will be right back.