Thread: S&W 642 Airweight

S&W 642 Airweight

My local gun store had these on sale for $350 dollars so I had to get one. It is my concealed carry for the summer months replacing my Keltec P32 pistol... Thought you might enjoy- it shoots really nice too !!

Congrats bro. Nice gun, best for your purpose

congrats nice gun

Blog Entries
    @CubanChurchill...........Congrats! You not only pleased us, you also spoiled us, lolz!

Unfortunately, we rarely see new S/W's over here. Excellent item, specified for +p rated .38 specials.

May I ask you, how much is the DA trigger pull, in pounds, if you know.

Regards.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Member Extraordinaire
    Real nice gun .

@Cubanchurchill
    Excellent conceal carry gun, a detailed review will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the kind remarks gentlemen.. The trigger breaks around 10 lbs which is normal for a DAO revolver. The recoil isn't bad in my opinion but at a weight of 15 oz- when Shooting my defensive rounds of 130 gr + P ammo- the small revolver does get a bit a bit snappy when fired. But it's nothing that's not tolerable. Accuracy was great. The pistol was made for shooting at 7-10 yard range for defense. At this range all shots fired were center mass. Even when firing double taps it still performed very well. At 20-25 yards my groups opened a bit with only 1 flyer and that was right on the edge of the of the intended target. In the summer months it gets very hot where I live and I wear cargo shorts and t-shirts for my daily wear. It's hard to conceal my Glocks or 1911 pistols in this kind of dress. The little keltec I have is a great little pistol- but I wanted something with a bit more punch than the keltec while still being able to conceal it no matter what I wear. I carry my new S&W appendix carry and it hides under the thinest of t-shirts with no printing what so ever. I carry a HKS speed loader for my extra rounds just in case it was ever needed. I will be buying some custom grips soon and will post pics for you guys when I get them. Thanks again guys and please be safe out there- the world is getting very crazy around us....

what about its availabilty here? or any little alternative to it.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    what about its availabilty here? or any little alternative to it.
    Please check PARA Arms Lahore, you may find some option of similar nature.

build quality and fit and finish of S&W revolvers have no match.......awesome.
    Weapons are like money ; No one knows the meaning of enough