Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Permits & Section 144 related information Thread

Enthusiast
    Abbas bhai going with Cap1 i also think there should be a section for formalities realting to licenses because the process is so complicated unless you go through an agent or have lots of money to give away just for licenses. You can also put up reliable sources for getting licenses issued if possible.
    Thank You
    Osama

Blog Entries
    Welcome to PakGuns Osam. I have started a new thread at yours and Cap1's request.

Feel free to share whatever information you have regarding licenses. When ever credible information is gathered here I will update the website license section for easier access to all our Gun Enthusiast friends.

Take care.

Enthusiast
    The thing is that i have just one pistol license and i want more but if i get my money in for licenses through agents i wont be able to buy guns ill just have to fire with my licenses i guess lolz.
    So i need someone to guide me for the direct process like Abbas bhai you have posted the application forms but have not explained the process that might help me like where do i send the filled form to and stuff or if it is possible can someone guide me to a cheaper way of getting a license it could be even a provincial license for sindh.

Blog Entries
    I've been a little out of touch as it's been some time since I got my licenses made. I'll ask someone the proper procedure nowadays.

If anyone has any information about any agent or any other person who can help make licenses, please PM me. We're going to need to hire someone permanently if the amount of emails I am getting are anything to go by!

Actually hiring someone reliable full time is not a bad idea as many people get sold fake licenses which cause a lot of legal problems later on. We want all PakGuns members to have 100 % legal weapons !!

I have heard the dealers also provide licenses. Is this correct?

Also whats the current license fee and where does one submit the completed form?

Thanks.

---------------
    Find a job you love and you will never have to work a single day...

unknown.

Enthusiast
    Yes dealers do get the licenses issued but the price now days is like 18000 for a license which i think is a lot coz u get half of your money in the licenses and one is not able to purchase a good gun and yaa i also want to know the direct procedure as it saves alot of money but takes time. Hiring someone would be a great idea too.

Enthusiast
    see this is the difference out here coz here the latest rates are 18000. What we can do is have a reliable person in isl. who can arrange licenses for people through posting their documents man this can save a lot of money like 6000rs/license and i bet the prices could be reduced further on a bulk discount.

Enthusiast
    Im getting this all sindh license out here but its like issued on dc quota. You people have any idea whether there could be any problem on getting the license issued on a special quotaa?

Osam

Dont see any problem with it my first licence was issued on the home secretary quota .. still going strong.. so dont see no issue.
    \"If you and i agree on everything than one of us is not required\"

Lord of War
    OSAM
    DCOs have been deprived of the authority to issue arms license last I checked.
    So if any one is trying to make u a DCO issued license is probably a scam.
    New arms licenses will now only be issued from Interior Ministry & it will be linked to ur CNIC. The new system is being called CAL i.e. Computerized Arms License.
    A pretty quick hit is better than a lightning-fast miss. -- Jack Weaver

Blog Entries
    Is there a limit to how many gun licenses a person can have ??

I heard about someone owning 25 licences. Cant authenticate the statement.
    A person with an arm is a citizen,
    A person without an arm is a subject.

What you want to be?

A friend of mine has 27 licence and still going strong.. according to this police offcer i met at my PS, he knows some one having 300 licences... so i guess there may not be any limit.
    \"If you and i agree on everything than one of us is not required\"

Expert Member
    There is no limit. I have many more than that just from Islamabad. ;)

Blog Entries
    Perfect thanks.

Enthusiast
    I dont seriously understand but the guy says give the money after license is made and u verify it and can someone guide me for getting a PB license in karachi from any dealer or agent.

Expert Member
    I dont seriously understand but the guy says give the money after license is made and u verify it and can someone guide me for getting a PB license in karachi from any dealer or agent.
    issued by what authority?

Enthusiast
    I reside in karachi so i will need an all sindh or a federal all pak issue.

According to the link the CAL (Computerized Arms License) issuance fee is 2500 with 500 renewal.

http://www.dawn.com/2006/12/15/letted.htm#3

This outlines the govt policy on arms licenses
    http://www.pakistan.gov.pk/divisions...ContentID=3150
    ... and then there was light !!

Dawn January 19, 2009
    KARACHI: Campaign receives lacklustre response: Armsí registration
    http://www.dawn.com/2009/01/19/local2.htm
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." (General Douglas MacArthur)