Thread: "One Two" Shooting Method

"One Two" Shooting Method

Just find this interisting article.Just give it a try and i am sure it will help some of you.

This is a little trick picked up in the Navy.

Just going to the range and shooting thousands of rounds does not make you a good shooter.

You know how sometimes it is difficult to hold the pistol on target, or the shakes start kicking in before you pull the trigger? You want a cure for the flinch?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Count out loud: ONE TWO.

Now do it again faster: ONE TWO.

And again real fast: ONE TWO.

Now point with your pistol using a normal 2 hand hold with both of your thumbs pointing in the same direction as the barrel.
    With your pistol pointed below the target, bring it up slowly to the target. As soon as you are on target say "ONE". Now say "TWO" and pull the trigger at the same time. ONE = found target TWO = bang.

When you are bringing your pistol onto the target, this is hunt mode. Hunt mode can be from side to side or bottom to top. Start traning with bottom to top as explained above. When you find your target say "ONE". When you say "TWO" pull the trigger.

One Two = Target Bang

Why does the ONE TWO method work? It keeps you from thinking too much and removes indecision. Thinking too much and holding your aim on target too long causes the wiggles. Anticipating the recoil and bang causes fliches. Counting out loud ONE TWO gets your mind off the recoil and bang. After hours of training using ONE TWO, reflexes start taking over and you start shooting good.

For further read :http://www.best9mm.com/shootingtip.html
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Member Extraordinaire
    effective nuska,good share

Nice shooting tips.Thanks for sharing

Nice info..

Member Extraordinaire
    Hmmm will try it . Thanks for share

nice info, thanks for sharing

Nice tip bro. Thanks for sharing.

yes it works. thanks

Blog Entries
    @KK............Thanks for the share bro, excellent. You bet, that's what I'm gonna do for a try soon.

Besides, let me say, I feel this is basically how Moeen bro places a string of 4-5 very well placed shots, without any hesitations, deliberations, long aims, ets. I asked him when we were together last time, and this is what he replied:

"The moment you see the damn thing coming into your sight, shoot it"! And I watched him doing this, very efficiently.

Regards.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Very nice !.

@AK i agree with Moeen....shoot at sight !
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

nice and informative
    Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun!

Nice one. I'd say. Push your right hand towards the target and pull your left hand towards yourself. Make a balanced force for less trembling and Slowly press the trigger. Do not fear the recoil or else you will give a jerk right before you shoot. Wait for the trigger to break. Try keeping steady and BANG! Focus on the front sight and blur the target..
    Never point a gun at something unless You want to destroy it.

I use the modified one-two shooting method. I call out one when I remove all the trigger slack and ready to fire then immediately I call two and at the same time pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Khan View Post
    Just find this interisting article.Just give it a try and i am sure it will help some of you.

Just going to the range and shooting thousands of rounds does not make you a good shooter.

You know how sometimes it is difficult to hold the pistol on target, or the shakes start kicking in before you pull the trigger? You want a cure for the flinch?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now point with your pistol using a normal 2 hand hold with both of your thumbs pointing in the same direction as the barrel.
    With your pistol pointed below the target, bring it up slowly to the target. As soon as you are on target say "ONE". Now say "TWO" and pull the trigger at the same time. ONE = found target TWO = bang.

When you are bringing your pistol onto the target, this is hunt mode. Hunt mode can be from side to side or bottom to top. Start traning with bottom to top as explained above. When you find your target say "ONE". When you say "TWO" pull the trigger.

One Two = Target Bang

Why does the ONE TWO method work? It keeps you from thinking too much and removes indecision. Thinking too much and holding your aim on target too long causes the wiggles. Anticipating the recoil and bang causes fliches. Counting out loud ONE TWO gets your mind off the recoil and bang. After hours of training using ONE TWO, reflexes start taking over and you start shooting good.

Be sure to remove the trigger slacks before calling the numbers 1-2 to aim and shoot!!!!

One Two = Target Bang

Very Nice share...can't wait to try it out...
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

One Two = Target Bang

I have modified this tip a little bit as follows:
    1. pull the trigger back to its slack-free point and hold there.
    2. raise the barrel and line up sights with bulls'eye.
    3. call '12' and at the same time continue to pull the trigger until hammer falls.

result: faster handling with tighter group.

Quote Originally Posted by xiuximu View Post
    I have modified this tip a little bit as follows:
    1. pull the trigger back to its slack-free point and hold there.
    2. raise the barrel and line up sights with bulls'eye.
    3. call '12' and at the same time continue to pull the trigger until hammer falls.

result: faster handling with tighter group.
    Wrong: 3. should be as follows:
    call '1' when you line up sights and call '2', at the same time pull trigger until hammer falls.

Just use a metronome yaar
    Paranoia saves lives...

very informative.......