Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Prices in Pakistan ??

Glock Prices in Pakistan ??

Hey,
    I was just wondering why Glocks are so expensive in Pakistan? I have bought several Glocks in U.S.A and they all cost around $500 = 42,850 PKR. Does anyone know why they are so outrageously/insanely expensive in Pakistan?

we are a very rich nation............................................ .

Enthusiast
    Reason my friend is very simple.
    USA and western Europe due to the ongoing war against terror have banned all weapon exports to Pakistan.
    More over you cannot compare the price of a commodity or service in a foreign country and compare it with another country, Like labour is dirt cheap here but very expensive in USA. When a weapon or any other stuff is brought into a country it is subjected to Imports duty and many other taxes as per their law.
    In Pakistan when Glocks were being imported and brought into Pakistan then they were subjected to a duty of around 90% (of it's price).
    Scarcity of Glocks and other US or Western European countries firearms make the prices so high.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 08-05-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    @Czar Mayheim......Welcome to the forum. The mind boggling, stupidly insane prices are due to embargoes, restrictions on import/export. Whilst there are no restrictions on exports/imports from Turkey, Brazil, those guns stand relatively fair in prices.

A $414 PT 145 handgun by Taurus is for some 60K here. Turkish guns also stand in the 50-60K range.

Kindly avert double postings, multiple threads. Regards.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

welcome to pakguns

I think the Glock agent distributor maybe over charging in Pakistan, I am sure a time will come when Glock will available in Pakistan as same price or 20% higher than Taurus,
    In year 2000/2003 the price of Taurus is more than 100k or more than US$ 2000.00 in Pakistan (US$=PKR 48) the reason can be consider as over charging by agent or importer,
    Now the prices are on every person's finger tips and can know through internet from every part of world

Enthusiast
    @Mehranbiz
    Glock distributor is not overcharging.
    If you go to the Glock international web site you would see that Glock has an authorized agent in Pakistan (Karachi).
    If you contact him he would tell you that Export of Glock to Pakistan has been banned and even if you have an Import permit from Govt of Pakistan, that is useless.

Maybe in future Glock company start assembling from Turkey or any country (same as stoeger cougar of Austria) from where the export is easy to all under sanction countries and maybe Glock authorize more dealers

Enthusiast
    Yea I hope so too

Supreme Member
    Cougar is Beretta(Italy) not Austria.
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

Simple Formula:

FOB Price+AirFreight+Custom Duties (Plus Commission ) + Dealer's insane profitability = Glock in Pakistan
    If Guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

Glockcohlic bro any idea of 34 or 17L full assembled upper?
    Any idea about CZ champion rear sights and fiber optic front sight?
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft". Roosevelt

"A 9mm might expand to .45, but a .45 will never shrink to 9mm".

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement".

Quote Originally Posted by ACHILLES View Post
    Bro. regarding 34 /17L Uppers, not in hand or sight. I will look for it and will let you know. Are you looking for After market Lone WOlf or OEM? )

Regarding CZ Champion sights, I m also searching. Called CZ on last Thursday but the guy on phone could not understand English. I think it's gona be hard to find Champion sights as its discountinued. If similar to Czechmate then ordering from States will be better idea.
    If Guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

glock 17 complete upper

Quote Originally Posted by ACHILLES View Post

I have a complete upper of a glock 17 which i would like to sell, let me know if ur interested

Mod Edit: buying and selling anything on the forum is not allowed.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 08-05-2011 at 04:53 AM.

if i send a glock from the US to Pakistan (to a dealer) will he be able to transfer it to me? i can send it from the U.S.A can a dealer receive it in pakistan and transfer it to me??????????

Yes it is possible, but not an easy process. AFAIK you will need the relevant import permit and permissions from the Ministry of Commerce and Defence. You will also need the permission from the US government to export the said weapon to yourself in Pakistan.

The procedure is quite cumbersome if you do not have the relevant contacts and information, not to forget involving the importer/dealer (and their commission) here in Pakistan to assist in the relevant import.

Another way would be to ask a relative/friend from the armed forces who are allowed to import one NPB weapon of their choice.

Why do us Pakistani's promote weapons that are specifically banned for us?(Glocks,Colts etc).I'm not saying that Glocks are bad but I sure wouldn't pay 4x the $ of the weapon.It's just not worth it.And the guilt of buying something 4x its value is distressing.Unless ofcourse you got cash bursting out of your pockets.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

The bulk import of glock is not allowed and import licenses in bulk are not given due to many reasons . Only single piece import permit are given and imported that is why the prices of Glocks are very high in Pakistan. The single piece permits are usually given to Government officials amd men of aproach, if u know what I mean. The import duty and taxes are also very high. Secondly the dealers who import other Guns falling in the same price range as glocks, do under invoicing to reduce the taxes thus compeating in the market for a better chance of selling on a lower price.

@czar mayhem , i have got a single weapon import license from ministry of commerce.

Mod Edit: kindly refrain from exchanging anything on the forum.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 08-05-2011 at 04:53 AM.

hw can i get an import license for single weapon?