Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fn five-seven

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid
    I like the above mentioned comment that half the members on the forum have PBs:)
    +1
    Been there, Done that

Hira Arms nila gumbad imported 5.7 and all pistols in pakistan are from this lot of 20 pistols. Ammo naver imported and not available. I think only one dealer have ammo in all pakistan.it is routine of dealers sp in khi that they boast a lot and mostly they claim the availbilty of the things about they heard only. Only Al Haris in khi deals in expensive items and he brings fron lahore. I know who have glock 18 in pak and many other members know as well.FN 5.7 were sold 350k in first hand and 400 to 4.5 maximum and all sold with the promise of bullets. 5.7 bullets fall in miltry catg and no country willing to export them.Other expensive items available in lahore market mostly.

@Baba
    Have you seen anything with him physicly or just heard his words.As per my info owner is retd police inspector and deals in medium priced weapons and he is not a importer even .

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Is a most useless caliber. It is comparable with a .22 Win Mag except that it is good in auto pistols where as the .22 Win Mag performs best from revolvers.
    The 5.7 goes through soft armour of bullet proof jackets and is a military round therefore its availability would be very limited.
    JU

Can you please mention that what is the price of FN five seven in pakistan? and what about the ammo?

7lakhs damn ,
    i can get a nice 7mm bolt action with good scope and bipod in this range

it got a damn high velocity.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

The Five-seveN is pretty much a normal poly pistol. the rounds used in it are small, and of high velo, designed to go though body armour, but are weak against flesh. However, the sale of the specialized AP ammo, is restricted to govs only. So in the end you will end up with a nice, extremely easy to fire fast pistol, which is pretty much useless unless you carry it as part of your job and hence have the AP ammo, or you want to feel like a secret agent. Oh, and since the caliber is so rare, the ammo is extraordinarily expensive too.

Do yourselves a favour guys, and stick to poly 9mms.

I saw one fn five seven pistol.and 500 rounds.700 rs per round the person told me.and any idea of the pistol price?

Quote Originally Posted by watanyaar View Post
    I saw one fn five seven pistol.and 500 rounds.700 rs per round the person told me.and any idea of the pistol price?
    you mean 700rs for 1 round???
    A GUN COMES WITH A GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!!!

Member Extraordinaire
    Yes it was 1k per round. Although one should be beware of local prepared roynds

Quote Originally Posted by B-King View Post
    you mean 700rs for 1 round???
    Yes B_king brother.

Member Emeritus
    Mean 350k for ammo.. you can buy another FN 57 if you add the same amount.. bro be a little practical.

FN5.7 is a very unpractical pistol ( In Pakistan ) it is extremely expensive and non availability of ammo and even if you get it it is going to be very expensive to shoot . Like I have said it before I will rather invest in a nice 1911 . It is just my opinion yours may differ .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Supreme Member
    Wtf?! Whatever the pistol costs, it should come with a free lifetime membership to the "more money than brains club!"

Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    FN5.7 is a very unpractical pistol ( In Pakistan ) it is extremely expensive and non availability of ammo and even if you get it it is going to be very expensive to shoot. Like I have said it before I will rather invest in a nice 1911 . It is just my opinion yours may differ .
    That's the case in CDA and USA as well. The FN is a cool gun, and the 5.7 is a cool round, but I feel the same way about a 1911. Personally, $1500 is the most I would spend on any plastic pistol. If it costs more than that, then it better be all steel and wood. For those prices, I don't even want aluminum.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)