Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The TT (Tees Bore) Thread (Ask all your .30 Questions here)

If they were direct imports they were probably police surplus, or the factory added them into the export order when they didn't have enough of the pretty "export" TTs to fill the box. In either case, a very nice pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc
    If they were direct imports they were probably police surplus, or the factory added them into the export order when they didn't have enough of the pretty "export" TTs to fill the box. In either case, a very nice pistol.
    Thank you Jonnyc and I think pics are much clear now are you sure you own the same pistol ? I know a chinese guy and I was thinking to talk to him to translate those chinese language for me but now you told me its type 54 :)
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Mine looks like it's been through three wars, but yes, the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc
    Mine looks like it's been through three wars, but yes, the same thing.
    would love to see pics
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Crazy, here you go:

wow I have exactly the same pistol thanks for sharing pics jonnyc can you please upload a pic of the back of your rear sight ? is there any marking there ? like some digit ? 5 is punched on mine

I recently found out that a 30 bore bullet is almost as powerful as 357 mag. I was reading ballistics of different caliber and found that ballistics of 30 bore is very near to 357 mag.

Now i understand y everyone has a TT.

anyone seen a chinese type 54 in black barrel ? its in market and asking price is higher thn any other chinese varient

Quote Originally Posted by drag80 View Post
    I recently found out that a 30 bore bullet is almost as powerful as 357 mag. I was reading ballistics of different caliber and found that ballistics of 30 bore is very near to 357 mag.

Now i understand y everyone has a TT.
    @ Drag80: bro, can you kindly quote where you saw these ballistics? I have heard of the .30 bore (7.62x25mm) rounds achieve between 1300 -1450 fps but with a 85 grain bullet. The .357 magnum round (7.62x33mm) has almost the same diameter as the .30 bore bullet, but has a longer cartridge (more powder) behind it resulting it far higher velocities from heavier bullets. For example the .357 mag bullet having 158grain bullet achieves 1485 fps. Hence the .357 can weigh almost twice as much and still have the same velocity as the TT bullet, which should impart considerably more damage to the target.

I am learning new things everyday and would appreciate the reference? thanks
    Last edited by Trajan; 22-10-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    Arma potentius aequum!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    @ Drag80: bro, can you kindly quote where you saw these ballistics? I have heard of the .30 bore (7.62x25mm) rounds achieve between 1300 -1450 fps but with a 85 grain bullet. The .357 magnum round (7.62x33mm) has almost the same diameter as the .30 bore bullet, but has a longer cartridge (more powder) behind it resulting it far higher velocities from heavier bullets. For example the .357 mag bullet having 158grain bullet achieves 1485 fps. Hence the .357 can weigh almost twice as much and still have the same velocity as the TT bullet, which should impact considerably more damage to the target.

I am learning new things everyday and would appreciate the reference? thanks
    Defining power of a cartridge is very difficult. Some judge by the bullets diameter, others bullet velocity,still others by energy derived for bullet diameter and velocity factors combined. For myself, I have compromised on all these factors. I use the 9mm, not because it is the most powerful, but because it has sufficent bullet diameter, velocity, and energy to stop an opponent with muliple hits.I chose it because I wish to reduce the chance of killing an innocent bystander, reduce the change of over penetration(and again killing an innocent),and because hanguns are available in sizes ease to conceal.I will close the a quote from and older wise man."The only use for a handgun is to fight your way to a rifle"

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shooter View Post
    one more thing the old winamax TT I have as I mentioned earlier has a thumb safety that model was according to my knowledge exported to Korea and for Korean requirements winamx manufactured a very few such winamax TT I dnt know how one from korea came to pakistan thats almost 20 years or 21 years old now
    TTs exported to the US also had a thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by American Lockpicker View Post
    TTs exported to the US also had a thumb safety.
    I wonder do people buy TTs in the US, if yes they must hv named it Asian 1911s.......
    Weapons are like money ; No one knows the meaning of enough

Its not really a popular gun here. We used to get Norincos like 20 years ago and theres various eastern bloc ones being sold as surplus from time to time. The only new one for sale is Zavasta M88 which I've never seen for sale anywhere but online.

Enthusiast
    Came across with such a funny looking desi TT, I am sure you 'll enjoy seeing it.
    http://i53.tinypic.com/ixwp38.jpg

I have to disagree, I think TTs are very popular in the US. We can easily find Polish, Yugoslav, Romanian, Russian, and Chinese versions, and occasionally a Hungarian or even North Korean will turn up. In addition, CZ52s are also popular. Good commercial and military surplus ammo isn't too hard to find.

Wolf hunter, that is a great pistol! I especially like the truth in advertising. I'm surprised it doesn't say MADE IN GERMANY or something.

I've seen a North Korean one lately(would love to have one...) and even a West German commerical clone a few months back.

keep posting such nice pics and info.
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft". Roosevelt

"A 9mm might expand to .45, but a .45 will never shrink to 9mm".

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement".

compensators for .30

can anyone tell me where i can find a compensator for my .30 in karachi ?

Wajkar Uzair baloch I have never heard of any compensator for TT.

hi I bougt Zastava 57m...SS...but a friend suspect it's a copy...from where can I get it checkted in Islamabad