Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Availability of different brand pellets in local market

congrates for the purchase bro kindly post your results after tests

thanks and regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jog3ee View Post
    Salaa, all,

Visited Karachi saddar market today for pellets, picked up my lot from hussain traders, 3 packs of irani pellets, 100/pack for 90/each. Four packs of diana pointed pellets, 200/box price 390/box. Other options were H&N wadcutters 250/box price 500/pack, Gamo wadcutters 250/box pr 400/pack, gamo pro magnums 250/box pr 600/pack... will test them today n hopefully post results.. In addition bought a tesco 3-9x40 scope for 1900, the piece was brand new, put in display so no box, and 1 lens cover was missing but i still bagged the deal, bought mounts for Rs 850 and will put them on after firing 250-300 pellets thru my Sargodha made paragon airgun...
    Salaam,

I found the Gamo Match pellets to have better accuracy than the H&N Wadcutters or the Gamo Crow Magnums. And the Iranian and Afghani pellets were just hopeless..... but this is for my two airguns. I haven't used the Diana pointed pellets yet....I'd love to get a few boxes from the same place you went to....I think I'll stop by some time this week.

Also, please do give your feedback on the scope and its ability to withstand recoil and hold the zero. Regarding the mounts....what type were they? Two rings or one piece or some other variety?

You got some good deals....let us know how it turns out, show some pics of your groups.

I havent shot wid the Diana pellets, using irani ones during the break in period have shots some 150 pellets thru it. The accuracy so far is ok infact getting better as the guns breaks in, the recoil seems to be settling down i would rate them iranian ones 7/10. the mounts were two piece but didnt fit, will take the gun to the market and get the scope mounted. Will let u knw then how it shoots, i think it should hold up well.. i've used a cheap tasco scope on my chinese b3-1 and it did well mounted on it, nothing to brag about but for a Rs 400 scope and Rs 2100 airgun (bought 2.5 years bak), they did the job (although needed a bit of readjustments after 100-150 shots or so..

Ok here's the update, i mounted the scope started trying to zero it in using the irani pellets.. i simply lost count of how many shots i fired but the damn thing simply wont zero in n m thinkin tht this scope is just a piece of crap n i've been ripped :/.. just before giving up i tried the Diana pellets n BINGO, zeroed it in in no time!! took 3 shots to adjust it n the rest 5 shots landed widin 1" group at the bullseye! next thing i did, threw away the irani diabola pellets n decided to stick wid good quality pellets...

Ok here's the update, i mounted the scope started trying to zero it in using the irani pellets.. i simply lost count of how many shots i fired but the damn thing simply wont zero in n m thinkin tht this scope is just a piece of crap n i've been ripped :/.. just before giving up i tried the Diana pellets n BINGO, zeroed it in in no time!! took 3 shots to adjust it n the rest 5 shots landed widin 1" group at the bullseye! next thing i did, threw away the irani diabola pellets n decided to stick wid good quality pellets...

Yeah thats the thing....many people don't realize that pellets make THAT MUCH of a difference. I wouldn't even bother with those irani and afghani pellets....their lack of accuracy makes them totally useless for any purpose. the attraction to the diablo pellets is that they're pointed, but thats no good if you dont hit the target. Generally regarding shape of any brand pellet...the round nose and pointed seem to be accurate over longer ranges. I've read that the flatheads are inaccurate beyond 30 yards....thats not much range.

yeah i guess u r rite, flat heads (wadcutters) may lose accuracy due to their shape which is not aerodynamic by any mean! with high power magnum class airguns u MAY hit the spot beyod 30 yds but wid springers averaging velocities of 600-700 fps that may not be the case...

got some new pellets from uk

1- brand name (bisley magnum) Heavy 21.4gr .22 Bisley Magnum pellets, 200 Per Tin
    2- Air Arms Diablo field .22 high power domed air rifle pellets, 16 grns, 500 per tin.
    Last edited by "King Of Kings"; 08-02-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    " Fear is a mind killer...... dnt let it stop you from exploring the world"

In my opinion Crosman Premier Pellets .22 are the most affordable and accurate decent pellets i ever used, suits most of air guns. dont know they have it here available, if anyone knows where one can find in pak let me know as well.

I found RWS Meisterkugeln also great pellets if money is not the issue. Just sharing my experience with it, dont think they are available here.

bro from where you bought these pellets ???

regards,

i think gamo match is best pellets for birds hunt
    hunt just for eat not for fun

From USA, they dont have it here..

Quote Originally Posted by harristch View Post
    From USA, they dont have it here..
    yes thats why i was asking you because i never saw these pellets in local market,,,

regards,

Tried Gamo match pellets with few of my guns. They are the worst then i thought, all over the place. Amoung available, Gamo pro magnum should be the choice.

Tried Gamo match pellets with few of my guns. They are the worst then i thought, all over the place. Amoung available, Gamo pro magnum should be the choice.
    yeah u r right pro magnum is a better choice as compare to gamo match,one of the reason is they are domed shape which can be used for all purpose unlike match are the flat nose mostly used for target papers.

regards,

they sure r best. I just got afghani pellets and tested them, worst , they are good for 6 inch groups but if u want accuracy for one inch 35yds gamo pro magnum is the option

yeah i guess u r rite, flat heads (wadcutters) may lose accuracy due to their shape which is not aerodynamic by any mean! with high power magnum class airguns u MAY hit the spot beyod 30 yds but wid springers averaging velocities of 600-700 fps that may not be the case...
    for a .22 airgun............ anything above 680 FPS is not average... its sheer powerful........ a few guns that are quite expensive breach this ....... the 723 FPS gamo 1000 is LETHAL my friend
    i alwaz had a question, like i LOVE almost all MERCEDES,,, why havent i found a firearm brand of that research standards, quality assurance, elegance, beauty and SEXy all the way???

what distance were you shooting at ?

ive tried at 23Ms and the groups were excellent , that too with a chinese scope i dont believe in......

i dont agree on WORST comments for the gamo match, plus mention your gun as well
    i alwaz had a question, like i LOVE almost all MERCEDES,,, why havent i found a firearm brand of that research standards, quality assurance, elegance, beauty and SEXy all the way???

any update of branded pellets availability in local market ???????????

thanks and regards.

Quote Originally Posted by "King Of Kings" View Post
    any update of branded pellets availability in local market ???????????

thanks and regards.

Brother still no luck .... as per my last check in Rwp there is nothing but Gamo Match.
    \"GUNS only canít assure you a victory until seized by the brave hearts\"