Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Made Air Gun - Cobra (Pictures and Overview)

Blog Entries
    Yesterday at LRC, I was introduced to Haji Sb. Some time ago, Haji Sb realized the lack of a cheap but quality local made air gun in the market. For youngsters and casual plinking. Guess what, he made one. I saw it on the range yesterday and took some pictures. It operates a pump up mechanism where you can select the power levels using a pump at the base. Aptly named "Cobra" I deem it ideal for shooting those "G.I. Joe" action figures off your shelf (pun intended) :P
    Pictures follow, including a snap of Haji Sb himself.

I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

Nice Toy , More detail (Price , Availability etc)

Enthusiast
    Nice sharing brother. :)
    Men Never Plan To Be Failure: They Simply Fail To Plan Their Success.

This really looks a cool and nice adition to locally produced Air Guns. I am not more in to Air Guns but this one (COBRA) has got my attention and I think we all need to encourage any such effort.

Well Done Haji Sahib, keep up the good work.

@Starfish, thanks bro for sharing this with us.
    If Guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

whats the price?
    Power Ensure Peace

Blog Entries
    Haji Sahib is an accomplished shooter as well as an enterprenuer. I was pretty impressed with the airgun. Starfish did the reviewing but I'm looking forward to testing it in the future myself.

wowwwww nice gun
    it looks like a pcp but i dnt think so it is ?
    can you please give us some more details of it like its fps, caliber,price and shop name where we can get
    it is looking nice and nice effort by haji sahib

regards,
    " Fear is a mind killer...... dnt let it stop you from exploring the world"

gr8 airgun proud to be pakistani starfish bro more detail about it spec and price
    :P

Such efforts needs to be encouraged by placing consolidated demands after indepth reviews/ tests,regards

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish
    Good Job.We are proud to see such ventures.
    @Starfish could you through some light on the above pic?
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Member Extraordinaire
    AOA,
    althoug this is looking good clone of benjaman,sherdon etc,but brothers inner function of these air guns are depending on the seals which brust after some minor negligencey and the repairing of this guns is also too difficult,this type of air gun i seen in sargodha market came for repairing ,was looking beautiful but was not durable ,i dont know was he cobra or other model////this is my first openion now the other,,,

other view,if this gun is good for target and hunting and durable easy to repair flexible and having good power than this air gun will be the most popular air gun in pak guns forum and also we will forget the sargodha made airgun for time being, thanks for sharing this local beauty :)

@Starfish brother thanks for sharing such an intresting and nice looking thing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Khan
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish
    Good Job.We are proud to see such ventures.
    @Starfish could you through some light on the above pic?
    Thank you all. The credit goes to Mr Haji.
    This is not a production gun so far, so you wont find this in any market as yet. As soon as Haji sb starts mass production, after tweaking and improvements, I will let you know about the availability and price.

In the above picture, you can see the safety lock at the base of the bolt, just where the pistol grip stock ends. The bolt head is brass probably. Some weight can be shaved off by using a smaller, and lighter bolt head.
    This is not a PCP mechanism btw. Its what you call the pump up mechanism.
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

@Starfish
    Great quality. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Pump up mechanism is good for practising etc, but the main issue I found after using a crossman built on the same principle was that it was almost impossible to use it for hunting. But it does look well built.

Any idea on the power levels (in ft/lb) at all?

I use a power meter which takes into account the weight of the pellet and measures the muzzle velocity, from which it works out very accurate power levels. It comes very handy when you are tuning your airgun, servicing it, or simply trying to push more power in.

I would be more than happy to help if Hajji sb wants to measure the current power, so that he could possibly improve the power levels past 30ft/lb :)

Member Extraordinaire
    again AOA
    brother after initial info by star fish i could not stop myself to search and source of this beautifull air rifle this is also being or its parts are being made in,,,,,,
    SARGODHA
    haji asghar is doing very hrd work to finilize this gun after many modification,most the parts and technology is made under the supervision of famous air gun maker mr ashraf,and haji asghar is basically goldsmith and also good shooter as well,he belongs to sargodha also,i also met the mistari m akram who made the initial system and he was confident that haji asghar,s project of this pump action will success positively,,gud luck to haji sahib and his project,but listening about the price i am not much happy here sargodha mr ashraf who is connected with the project was telling me the price 12k which is higher side and i think fair price of this gun is[if pass all the test]8k,8k not more that :)

i think 8k is economical for it. first of all we all should be proud of it coz it is made in Pakistan

Member Extraordinaire
    yes we should proud on our local gunsmith :)

Great! People like them should definitely be encouraged. But anything locally made costing more than Rs. 4000 should be able to outperform the already available local stuff. Otherwise, it will flop!

I think it is too early to suggest Rs. 8000 for this airgun. Let us wait for more details.
    Just shut up and shoot em dead! If you miss em, shoot em again....

waiting for some target shooting
    i alwaz had a question, like i LOVE almost all MERCEDES,,, why havent i found a firearm brand of that research standards, quality assurance, elegance, beauty and SEXy all the way???

I think a review by our air gun expert "KageFox" is in order. What do you think guys?
    Just shut up and shoot em dead! If you miss em, shoot em again....