Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Small Wonder: CZ RAMI Review

Blog Entries

The Small Wonder: CZ RAMI Review

Salams,

I would like to start off by saying that the CZ Rami is the simply the best sub compact the world has ever seen. I adore it, love it and sleep with it under my pillow.

I had been looking for a subcompact for quite a while and the only decent option that I had was the Glock26 which I was reluctant to purchase because of the idiotic price of 350k. Then the Rami came along and 'shot' the 26 a new one.

This gun is simply marvelous, it is solid, well finished and a joy to handle. I bought the D version which comes with a decocker and Tritium night sights. The magazine holds 10 rounds and with 1 in the chamber, the gun carries 11. It comes with a firing pin block and the trigger is above average. Barrel length is 3 inches and the Rami weighs 695g which is about 140g heavier than the Glock 26. The pistol is DA/SA.

Shooting the Rami is a real pleasure, the felt recoil is quite low for a gun with a 3 inch barrel, the rubber grips feel great and shooting it even with the two and a half finger grip is very comfortable.

As for accuracy, within the first 50 rounds I shot a two inch group at 10 M. That is just phenomenal for a sub compact. I was so amazed that I forgot about the review and started a one on one competition with it and the Canik 55. At 15 M I shot a 3.5 inch group with the Canik and a 3 inch one with the Rami ! I was almost embarrassed to be shooting better on a gun I had not even fired 100 shots on compared to one (with a 4.7 inch barrel) that I shot 6000+ on.

Then I started to torture test it with limp wrists, rapid fires, loose grip, double taps, dirty ammo etc. It passed all with flying colors, NO FTE's or FTF.

I fired a total of 300 rounds though it of all kinds of ammo and it ate up everything flawlessly. My main concern was that since this is a subcompact and meant for self defense carry, compatibility with all kinds of HP ammo was a must. I am happy to report that it shot every variety of HP's I fed it reliably.

The Rami is a wonderful wonderful piece and I would also like to say while Glocks are great friends, CZ's are simply life long love affairs. Get one.

Blog Entries
    @Abbas............Let me have the pleasure to be the first one to congratulate you on the first PG Rami! Congrats Chief! :)

So you finally found your long sought after "petite" partner! ;)

What a great review and performance! :)

Chief, is that a dual recoil spring I see there? :rolleyes:

Also, nice to see such a high capacity compact, ideal all-rounder CCW, absolutely great, marvelous! :)
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Blog Entries
    Shooting the RAMI

Double taps at 8M and scores.

Blog Entries
    @Ak47 Thank you, it was a long wait but worth it. :) You're right it does have a dual recoil spring.

Here is a comparison with the Glock 26.

@chief - how much does it cost to own one? I absolutely adore it and i am thinkin of geting it!

Enthusiast
    @ Abbas

bro how much rami cost u>??

its just beautiful small wonder :)

Congrats Abbass brother beautiful handgun but you didn't mention the price :)
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Chief, that dual recoil spring explains the reduced recoil. :)

A shot in the air would be 90K! :rolleyes:
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

many many congratulations chief. i remember looking at this gun on the web and thinking that i would prefer this one over a g26 and there you have it. the reliability is the paramount thing when it comes to sub-compact cc weapons but it has gone way beyond expectations in the accuracy part too. amazing! congratulations once again and would love to know the price tag if convenient.
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Blog Entries
    @PashaSahab, Iffe & Crazy Shooter Thanks, Indeed I forgot to mention the price. It's 85 K.

@Slayer Email me your number, will call you soon sometime. Been quite some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    @PashaSahab, Iffe & Crazy Shooter Thanks, Indeed I forgot to mention the price. It's 85 K.

@Slayer Email me your number, will call you soon sometime. Been quite some days.
    I was thinking the same because you always mention the price and I really like it :) anyways beautiful gun congrats once again :)
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thanks for the review Abbas sb, I think its finally time for me to let go of the CZ83 and get this baby as a back up weapon. And congrats on the great buy. Can you please inform about the availability.
    "Facta Non Verba"

Congrats sir, very nice addition
    Been there, Done that

Member Extraordinaire
    It looked and sounded a great . And your review has proved that it is great . Congratulation on a great purchase

Blog Entries
    Congrats Abbas bro for acquiring pocket powerhouse and thanks for passing a new ITCH on to me :lol:
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    @Den..........Abbas caught me one-legged also, that too in the midst of the night, already there was another "quake", lols!

Now two itches, one big, one small, and the smaller is actually bigger, lols! ;) What to do? :rolleyes: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    @Den..........Abbas caught me one-legged also, that too in the midst of the night, already there was another "quake", lols!

Now two itches, one big, one small, and the smaller is actually bigger, lols! ;) What to do? :rolleyes: :lol:

Cannot do anything than pacify the itch by scratching manually :lol: till we get hold of new GREENS :(
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47

Cannot do anything than pacify the itch by scratching manually :lol: till we get hold of new GREENS :(
    @Den..........Lols on the manual gear! :lol:

Bro, that's the actual problem, I know. Pray, and you know this time around we'll take 2-4 new each, there must always be emergency solutions at hands! :)

Heck, they're making me impatient, not fair any longer. :(

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    Congarts Abbas bhai , Amazing results !! A weapon indeed to be carried Concealed
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

Member Emeritus
    Congrats Chief on your new Rami.. have seen this decocker version with alloy/steel frame.. great for conceal carry.. :)