Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New: ISSC M22 Finally Reviewed

Blog Entries
    Salams,

For a quite a while the ISSC Glock 19 lookalike M22 had been tantalizing us all with it's build quality, Glock heritage, 'Made in Austria' stamp and light weight. I had been looking for a chance to review one but did not know anyone who owned one. Today a friend lent me his new M22 to test to my desire and satisfaction !

As this is not a major item and is mostly a curio, I will keep the review short.

The pistol feels really nice to hold, the grip angle is good, the finish is clean. Very pointable, sights are Glock like, the trigger is identical to Glock's 'Safe Action' and functions fine. The pull is not crisp and very average. Disassembly seems Glock like as well but I could not get it open (to be fair did not read the manual, was in a hurry to test it). In all you feel like you're handling a quality pistol and it will shoot the crap out of everything.

Well, that's where the good news ends, it doesn't. It simply fails to perform. I started the test with three different types of ammo. Eley Club, Eley Sport, Armscor (not pictured) and Federal GameShok. All misfired without exception. In firing about 100 rounds or 10 ten mags, not one was without FTF or FTE. Often I had to use a flat screwdriver to pull empty shells stuck in the barrel a few times as well. The firing pin strikes were haywire and not consistent at all. The ISSC was a big disappointment for me as I was expecting it to work well and certainly much better than my Akdal Mini 06. Compared the Mini06 would win in about every department, size, concealment, accuracy, reliability, beauty and price.

It started retailing for around 70 K but is now selling for a final price of 45 K.

Verdict: Good looking Trash.

On the above target I was aiming dead center. The shots all landed wherever they felt like :) I thought perhaps I was having a bad day and borrowed two shots from Starfish's 9mm Zigana who was shooting at the next table. Both landed in 10 as can be seen on the target. Picked up the ISSC again and got the same wild shots again. I thought perhaps the pistol did not fit my hand, called another good shooter, he fired 5 shots on the same target and his landed the same as mine, wild.

Great review Abbas bahi , i have read in an international forum and tend to agree with them is that the major reason behind the absolute failure of this hand gun is very simple , the have tried to make every thing like a Glock expect they forgot to put the right caliber ! i,e A landcrusier body with the engine of vitara .
    what are your views on that ?
    could the fault just or mostly lie with the smaller caliber ?
    p.s i am not a hand gun expert so my opinion is just a simple thought and observation or review study .

Blog Entries
    Thanks for discarding another piece of un-reviewed junk, Chief, really appreciated. Nice review! :)

Wonder why another member was satisfied with this, lately! :rolleyes:

He though had a 5" barreled one, yet the gun should still be the same! :/ :rolleyes:
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quite Dissapointing review well folks i have never seen a .22 pistol to work on without FTF or FTE i would recommend mostly a match pistol in .22 like berreta 87 cheetah or type like that but conceal carry type .22 is a failure

Nice review....
    Qaim Khani

Blog Entries
    @Arsalan Thank you, You are partially right. Whenever a gun designed for a specific caliber is produced in other calibers it generally reduces it's reliability/accuracy. However Glock changed all that, sadly this is not a Glock.

@Ak I myself read the other review for it and was quite surprised. .22 are always ammo sensitive but this was just nonsense.

@Apalo Post deleted, kindly refrain from making useless comments.

Abbas Bhai if possible then please use CCI mini rounds next time ... the one which gives excellent result with
    your akdal mini it might then performs better :)

PakGuns Expert Panel
    The ISSC M22
    Seems to have a respectable name but it is a real turkey. It feels like a tin toy; the screws holding the safeties are a poor sight.
    The sights are out of basic alignment with the gun itself.
    The trigger is miserable and there were numerous failures/stoppages
    JU

Member Emeritus
    Great review Chief :) .. quite an eye opener indeed.. :o

Blog Entries
    Beside being a "good looking trash", I noticed a manual safety right on the trigger, Abbas bro can you please write how it works and is it of any use? as I saw same thing available for Glock .
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Member Extraordinaire
    Great review .

AoA all,

SAME IS TRUE FOR SIG-SAUER ''MOSQUITO''

Majority of .22 pistols are proved to accept certain brands of ammunition,except the following:

1.Rugers.
    2.High standard(Originals).
    3.S&W Model -41.
    4.Sig Trail side.
    5.Beretta Neos.
    6.Walther(GSPs).

Blog Entries
    another Akadal ghost ! :P
    thanks for share
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

Great review.
    Sir by the way at what time you usually visit the range, i was also there today, left around 1 PM.

Blog Entries
    @Usama I returned the pistol, it was not worth wasting CCI ammo on.

@Aquarius Thank you :)

@Denovo Did not play with the safety, the trigger though works just like Glock.

@Mian50 True, most .22 rimfires are ammo picky.

@Tomahawk I come around 3:30. If you stay a little later you'll meet a couple of PakGunners there.

nice review chief and you saved many from falling for the aesthetics of this junk. and good to know that starfish got his membership. :)
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Chief ! You saved many newbies like me to buy this CRAP ! THANKS CHIEF

Blog Entries
    @Slayer Good to hear from you ! How was the match ?

@Zaheer Welcome, InshAllah as more and more reviews get out there it will help make choices easier.

Supreme Member
    Abbas sahib, a very nice review as usual and an eye opener too. I wonder how another member had such great views about the performance of this gun. And I know Trapshooter brother is no novice with the guns; he is a top class national level shooter. As far as I recall he made something like 1 or 2 inches group with the same handgun from 25 M shooting with a single hand.

Howcome such a big difference?? Does it speak of a severe quality control problem with ISSC? One gun proves to be excellent and the other is just a trash. Even Chinese guns don't have such loose quality control :)

Blog Entries
    Trapshooter bro has not visited the thread since days to challenge this review. As far as tight groups are concerned, well, his gun had a longer barrel as well.

The major thing here with respect to quality control, or the lack of it, is more about the unreliable cycling issues, I feel.

I really wish Abbas bro had tested it out with the CCI mini ammo as well. :( :rolleyes:
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "