Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Webley & Scott Shotguns (Turkish)

Turkey is to guns, as what china is to other goods.
    turkey is quickly becoming a center for gun manufacturing because of there cheap labor. brands like Stoeger, mossberg, tri star, and even beretta is getting there guns or gun parts manufactured from turkey.
    If Adam wouldve been a good hunter, all mankind would still be in Paradise. But instead he was a good husband and listened to his wife..

the retail price in the UK works out to a bit over 100k Rupees. so if you add duties etc and the premium i guess 225k is not that unreasonable (i wouldn't pay that much personally but if you do the calculation the price makes sense)
    "Girte hain shahsawar hi maidan-e-jung mein. Woh tifal kya girenge jo ghutnon ke bal chalein?"

i think quality is not a issue bcoz like china is also make a good stuff all thing depand on company k which level of quality you order to contractor so there is a posibility k w&s donst spoil company name n dont compromise with quality,baki rahe bat price ki to if dealer asking these rates to uk import w&s then these rates is ok bcoz duties n ban on export in pakistan mager ab kia masla hai jab yai turkey se import horahe hai i think dealers r trying to make fool on just name of this gun
    Three Sentences for Getting Success
    know more than other. work more than other. expect less than other.
    [img=PunBB bbcode test]http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54487/355/E93BD89BDEDB5D86A300AC46B03B6A72.png[/img]

Banned
    Ethically arms dealer should tell the truth instead of fooling customers for few extra bucks.

Banned
    Finally prices of Turkish made Webley & Scott coming down.

jillanik sahib
    sir what is the price now for W & S.
    -------It,s Always Better To Have A Gun And Not Need It.Then Need A Gun And Not Have It.------

Enthusiast
    Till a few decades back, Webley and Scott was purely and English gun, then about twenty odd years back, they moved production of some of their guns to Spain, to cut labour costs. Recently, they moved eastwards again to Turkey, to further reduce labour costs. Judging by their eastward movement, I wouldnt at all be surprised to find in our very own Darra in a few years!!

Banned
    Turumti : "Darra" What a prediction................. :lol:

I heard that these guns are with fixed chokes? If it is correct than it worth not more than 70K.
    Habib's

Banned
    These Turkish made O/U shotguns are with 05 chokes.

Enthusiast
    the prices i saw in their web site was 725 british pound , so the price in pk not that bad for O/U,
    @turumti any idea what should be the price of browning miroku 26 inch o/u single trigger multiple choke, i havent seen the gun but some one sold for 95k and how do you rate the gun?

PakGuns Elite!
    Turkish Webley & Scott.. Must be a very nice shotgun indeed.. :)

@Moin Sahib,

Any body having a chance of acquiring a'' MIRUKO'' for 95K with 80-90% condition should not even think for
    5-minutes to grab a deal.Very practical and strongly built guns.

Please give us an idea, if somebody has imported these shotguns lately.

Banned
    Any information regarding Franchi Falconet HT Over & Under shotguns ?.

@jillanik
    I have saw 2 models in pakistan. They are exellent shotguns and sold 2 lakhs. One model is ultralight an that one priced about 225.It is about 4 years back

Ran into a Webley & Scott 900 O/U today. A fine shotgun, asking price was 150k
    Finish and balance was no less than a high end shotgun. Considering that W&S shotguns are made in Turkey now, but Quality is still top grade. In 150K, not a bad option i would say. Whats your opinion?
    This same model was available, not sure if it was a Field model or a Sporting one.
    Name:  webleyscott_912g_safety_e_934ff111111064f701aeb740f25caefd.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  46.9 KBName:  900_over_under.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  77.9 KB
    Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout \"Bang!\"

AoA all,

Although,all these Turkish new entrants get an initial review done by shotgun
    experts abroad,but IMHO a comprehensive review should be revised per year.

I would only trust an operator of a busy shooting club where guns are given on
    hire and there are few BUSY clubs in Europe and North America where they use
    over 200-cartridges per gun per day.

Once a newer model is so extensively used in a shooting club,it tells every thing
    regarding its durability and shootability.

@Privateeye yes the the asking price seems ok, some negotiations and bring down to 125K is worth. BTW what is the asking price for SXS? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateEye View Post
    Ran into a Webley & Scott 900 O/U today. A fine shotgun, asking price was 150k
    Finish and balance was no less than a high end shotgun. Considering that W&S shotguns are made in Turkey now, but Quality is still top grade. In 150K, not a bad option i would say. Whats your opinion?
    This same model was available, not sure if it was a Field model or a Sporting one.
    Name:  webleyscott_912g_safety_e_934ff111111064f701aeb740f25caefd.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  46.9 KBName:  900_over_under.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  77.9 KB
    i saw the same gun with my friend at Chaudhary arms gulberg about 4months back,the asking price then was 225k........later a little bargain and he said i can give u @ 175k lolzzzzz
    the guy said that these r purely made in uk.
    a 50k discount in 2minutes
    then my mind said to me that there is some thing wrong with the make/model of the gun and we left without the deal.
    then from this form i knew that these r being currently made in turkey.
    i think that these guns should be priced b/w 90k to 100k.
    Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun!

@Avais
    Sir, he didnt have any SxS, just this O/U
    Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout \"Bang!\"