Thread: how can i install laser sight on my new stoger couger 8000 f

hey guys i am new here name is hassan
    so my question is
    i have bought stoger couger 8000 f and i want to instal laser beam for accurate firing .... i can see there is no way on it ,,, i think it will require some improvisation,,,, but before doing any thing to my pistol i need ur opinions.....
    hope to get some good suggestions

Blog Entries
    Welcome to PG! Laser-sights on Stoeger cannot be mounted with any solid fixture, coz of missing rails. Crimson Trace type, which is actually a grip with built in laser, is way too expensive and also not available, I think, for the Stoeger, if manufactured for the Stoeger at all. Google it up. Only option so far is a trigger guard mounted universal type, but then it will not have a solid fixture and will prove useless as aiming device. New, yet to be launched Stoeger, in cal .45 does have accessory rails. With the 9mm you'll have to rely on your own sight, which is also best and durable. Practice with your handgun, these lasers, etc, are just for fun, nor is it easy to carry a laser mounted gun in stock holsters.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Banned
    Any other modifications available for Stoeger Cougar 8000 beside wooden grips ?.

Enthusiast
    Ak47 has very precisely mentioned that Cougar 8000 has not been desigend for any extra fixture.Modifying it for Lase-sight will ruin its frame.One option is there to use laser and that is installing a small laser light above the right side of pistol grip.
    i have seen it somewhere and will post a link too.But you'll have to align ( Zeroing ) that laser with ur barrel for accuracy.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunter
    Ak47 has very precisely mentioned that Cougar 8000 has not been desigend for any extra fixture.Modifying it for Lase-sight will ruin its frame.One option is there to use laser and that is installing a small laser light above the right side of pistol grip.
    i have seen it somewhere and will post a link too.But you'll have to align ( Zeroing ) that laser with ur barrel for accuracy.
    That is "crimson trace" grips you are talking about.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/

They are also not available for cougar 8000
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

hey thanks all that u saved me from ruining my gun
    i wont try any laser etc after ur comments
    thanks all

yes........ you can add the laser sight. There are several companies of laser sight. you can search on google.....

brother laser sights can not be fitted on stoeger couger 9mm and .40 cal but that could be on .45 acp model gun .

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    The new breed of 9mm cougers come equipped with rails. So far the black colour models worth around 56-58k in the market have em while the white an 2 tone ones dont. (not yet anyway)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The new breed of 9mm cougers come equipped with rails. So far the black colour models worth around 56-58k in the market have em while the white an 2 tone ones dont. (not yet anyway)
    We're damn heck still to see these over here, and I hope they weren't kind of pure "hallucinations" ED bro, hahahaha!

We know the .45 one was due like that, yet still to see that one, as well as these 9mm'ers that you mention.

Regards.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    @ All Just want to update regrading "New Stoeger" with Rails . Black and two tone available at Para Arms Neela Gumbad Lahore . Seen both . But the beauty is in Black with rails !! Asking price 58 k for black and 60 k for Two tone .

Regards
    Last edited by Naveed_pk; 20-05-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed_pk View Post
    @ All Just want to update regrading "New Stoeger" with Rails . Black and two tone available at Para Arms Neela Gumbad Lahore . Seen both . But the beauty is in Black with rails !! Asking price 58 k for black and 60 k for Two tone .

Regards
    +1

LoL. Very true. Was surprised to see it too a few days back. Changing times bring awesome changes to one of the preferred mid range pistols.
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"
    JFK

Blog Entries

Regards
    Thanks Naveed for a timely response. Ed, you were right bro, now just rest assured, I am hallucinated, lolz!

Regards.

PakGuns Elite!
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Thanks Naveed for a timely response. Ed, you were right bro, now just rest assured, I am hallucinated lolz!

Regards.
    AK brother lets end your hallucinations.

Here is a 9mm Stoeger Couger with rails.

Saw it few weeks back with one of the dealers.

its a real Beauty ..im in love with this stoegar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Guns only have two enemies: rust and Liberals

nice attraction for stoeger lovers

any body with the latest price of stoegar cougar ?? silver or black??? anyone??
    Guns only have two enemies: rust and Liberals

Mitoo
    Hi Bros,

Brothers from lahore I live in bahawalpur. Searched for stoeger cougar 9mm alot in bahawalpur but didn't found one. Talked with an arms dealer, he said he can make it available from lahore. Asking price was 60k. My Question is this that I don't know about guns very much and also saw a copy of soteger/berreta92 made in Pak which is same as Stoeger cougar. How may I differentiate between the two so that I don't get fooled, like Paying for a 60k gun and getting a 20k gun(clone of stoeger). Thanks bros If any one of you can shed light. And is the price right? Kind Regards.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    the price right (Just about) c if u can get him to drop a few Ks.. AS regards being duped.. will.. just take a nice long look at teh pics here.. Rack the slide see the innards fo the gun.. The finishing quality would leae a lot to be desied. Similarly for some reason i have yet to see a clone that was not absolutely slatered with oil. If U can see the 2 side by side u wil immgiately know the difference. But if not .. tehn u'l have to rely on the pics here.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Regards
    went to Lucky Star market on thursday, Al Huffaz traders quoted me Rs. 59k for Stoeger Cougar 8000f without rails and it was not available with Tayyabally! .. 58k with rails is quite reasonable as compared to Khi market =)
    - the tool which would teach men their own use would be beyond the price - Plato