Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Harris Arms Karachi

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_freez
    With due respect of all members particularly, KARACHI ones for your kind information the biggest importer of arms in KARACHI are Aamar & company, Tahir Brothers, Pioneer Arms (opposite Jabees Hotel), national arms, infect your kind kind information Al-haris get their stock from them and I know it very well because I am visiting this market since 1991 when I purchased my first pistol from star traders.

SA brothers if that they you went to Ammar brother for your PT145 you would rather got the same for 57K that for sure because I enquired the next day of your purchased, yes al-haris have some special weapons which he sale as per his will and demand and the other thing is that he had some good cliental of various MNAs, MPAs & some big police officers and other government officials who don’t care about the prices because you know “easy money”.

Here I must say please don’t ignore “TAHIR BROTHERS” maybe he is somewhat rude because he don’t retail most he is a genuine importer and wholesaler and a main supplier of AL-HARIS TRADERS.

Note: whenever you buy from AL-HARIS TRADERS, be 100% sure that is brand new.
    I think Police walas would be sellers not buyers.
    Hopefully, coming Saturday I will visit Tahir brothers, and put him to the PG test.
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

Supreme Member
    With due respect of all members particularly, KARACHI ones for your kind information the biggest importer of arms in KARACHI are Aamar & company, Tahir Brothers, Pioneer Arms (opposite Jabees Hotel), national arms, infect your kind kind information Al-haris get their stock from them and I know it very well because I am visiting this market since 1991 when I purchased my first pistol from star traders.

SA brothers if that they you went to Ammar brother for your PT145 you would rather got the same for 57K that for sure because I enquired the next day of your purchased, yes al-haris have some special weapons which he sale as per his will and demand and the other thing is that he had some good cliental of various MNAs, MPAs & some big police officers and other government officials who don’t care about the prices because you know “easy money”.

Here I must say please don’t ignore “TAHIR BROTHERS” maybe he is somewhat rude because he don’t retail most he is a genuine importer and wholesaler and a main supplier of AL-HARIS TRADERS.

Kindly explain what do you mean by the last statement.

Thank you for your input SkyFeeze.

I never suggested that it is ONLY these four that should be considered. The idea what i was trying to promote was that we try to identify similar genuine dealers.

Regarding Ammar: Before going to AHT, I visited Ammar and the best (negotiated) price I was able to get from Adnan for an all black PT 145 was 68k and he did not have the two-tone one in his inventory. Mind you that the all black one was available to me for Rs. 60k from Badar Arms at the same time.

And yes, I checked whether the one I bought from AHT was NIB and I am satisfied with the purchased.

Regarding Tahir Brother's attitude, you yourself mentioned that their behavior is somewhat rude. I am a man with self-esteem and if someone misbehaves with me or treats me like sh*t, I will never give such person business (from my money) even if he offers me stuff at a discount. Well that's me and others are free to have different views.

As long as PakGunners are treated with respect and dealt with honestly, nobody should be ignored.

@Vik Bro. Al Haris had a reputation getting old one polished or buff and then sale calling
    it NEW. and dear always prefer to purchase New Weapon from those
    dealer who do not deal in used weapon ( selling or buying)
    @SA Bro. Aamar had given me 57k final for the PT 145 may be due to old customer.

@SA Bro. Aamar had given me 57k final for the PT 145 may be due to old customer.
    That's quite a difference (68k-57k) 11k.

Maybe the reason is that I was SPECIFICALLY looking for the PRO (PT145Pro/MillPro) model and not the first generation (simple PT145 Millenium) ones. The first generation ones were available within the range of 47k to 55k in the market, depending on negotiation and relationship with dealer.

@Vik Bro. Al Haris had a reputation getting old one polished or buff and then sale calling it NEW. and dear always prefer to purchase New Weapon from those dealer who do not deal in used weapon ( selling or buying)
    @SkyFreeze,

Which dealers in Karachi DO NOT deal in used weapons (buying/selling) ?

Supreme Member
    @Vik Bro. Al Haris had a reputation getting old one polished or buff and then sale calling
    it NEW. and dear always prefer to purchase New Weapon from those
    dealer who do not deal in used weapon ( selling or buying)
    I was suspecting that too. I think we should all try to buy fully sealed guns in boxes.
    That would make our purchase exp easier.
    And I hope Brother that you are not a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Salahuddin Ayubi

Regarding Tahir Brother's attitude, you yourself mentioned that their behavior is somewhat rude. I am a man with self-esteem and if someone misbehaves with me or treats me like sh*t, I will never give such person business (from my money) even if he offers me stuff at a discount. Well that's me and others are free to have different views..
    I observed that thing when we met. You give respect to get respect. Above mentioned reason is why I have stopped visiting many arm dealers.

Secondly, your idea about bringing a BIG change would be the best thing that could happen. I don't think that it is a difficult task as we members from Karachi can co ordinate and select any 2 arms dealers and let them know that we will only buy arms and ammunition from them. i am sure that by doing that we will get the best rates and save a lot of money. Convincing the selected dealers should not be difficult as there is no doubt in the fact that this website is being watched by almost all of them and they are aware of the current and future strength of this forum.

Same can be done for different cities.

@ VIK & SA brother, I am not a dealer or any dealer sales man, yes TAHIR BROTHERS never buy used weapons that for sure you may think here that I may have some relation with TAHIR BROTHER, but I want to clear here that I have no relation at all with them,
    And they are BORIS and I am PUNJABI (BHATTI) …………… (:

@ KAKAR BROTHERS
    This esteemed forum is not to help or project dealers. We must swim and fished for our self. (hope u understand)

@ VIK & SA brother, I am not a dealer or any dealer sales man, yes TAHIR BROTHERS never buy used weapons that for sure you may think here that I may have some relation with TAHIR BROTHER, but I want to clear here that I have no relation at all with them,

@ KAKAR BROTHERS
    This esteemed forum is not to help or project dealers. We must swim and fished for our self. (hope u understand)

Bro sky.. I understand but do not agree...

I am not talking about helping and projecting the dealers. I am talking about helping ourselves by ruling out the dealers who rip us off through their monopoly and in return give us attitude.

I would have been unethical in my strategy if the dealers had been fair. How do you justify them being charging sky high rates, e.g Shaheen is now for Rs. 1800. They are the one's being unethical.

I don't understand what is wrong if we all get united and stop them from taking advantage of us.

Supreme Member

@ KAKAR BROTHERS
    ok Bhatti Saheb.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakar

@ KAKAR BROTHERS

I am not talking about helping and projecting the dealers. I am talking about helping ourselves by ruling out the dealers who rip us off through their monopoly and in return give us attitude.

I would have been unethical in my strategy if the dealers had been fair. How do you justify them being charging sky high rates, e.g Shaheen is now for Rs. 1800. They are the one's being unethical.

I don't understand what is wrong if we all get united and stop them from taking advantage of us.
    Well, its a mafia/cartel. We should stike out the cheaters and those with the Attitude.
    But in a weeks time we will strike out all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakar

@ KAKAR BROTHERS

+1

@ KAKAR Bro

simple dont buy it and n v all must swear here that v r not buying anything atleast for 1 month.

Enthusiast
    Gentlemen,

This thread is to discuss Al Harris Trading. If you have recommendations for other dealers, KINDLY start new threads and enlighten us with your experiences.

Kindly do not, directly or indirectly, attack each other. The purpose of forums such as these is to share information among ourselves, so that WE, as consumers, are empowered with the RIGHT information, so that we can make the right DECISION.

There are a lot of cartels and mafias, indeed. Kindly right more reviews on other dealers so it helps the forum decide what to do, and where to get the goodies.

With best wishes to all,

gatlingun

It is the Nut behind the bolt that matters.

Banned
    I and my Family have bought few pieces from Al Haris over the years starting from 1987. Never faced any problem what so ever. They are little over priced but IMO honest.

+1 SA and Kakar
    procuring on regular basis from some reputable dealers, like some you people mentioned, is a good idea. M sure by doing so we would be able to make a strong community of PG buyers that would deal only with those dealer and by Gods grace will never be ripped off by dealers who earn unethical profits from our purchases.
    Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout \"Bang!\"

Very well said Gatlingun.

Enthusiast
    +1 GatlinGun, Well I never understood why these people show their high attitude to customer.
    A famous english Quote, "A man should not open the shop without smiling face"

Though I am not regular purchaser like you guys, but I have experienced the attitude problem couple of time but I never give them advantage of being some super duper dealer or whatever they think they are. If the one is not giving you respect then in return don’t give respect to them “simple rule, simple philosophy”
    “And create not disorder in the earth” (7:57) and “whosoever killed a person …it shall be as if he had killed all mankind” (5:33).

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ata
    +1 GatlinGun, Well I never understood why these people show their high attitude to customer.
    A famous english Quote, "A man should not open the shop without smiling face"

Though I am not regular purchaser like you guys, but I have experienced the attitude problem couple of time but I never give them advantage of being some super duper dealer or whatever they think they are. If the one is not giving you respect then in return don’t give respect to them “simple rule, simple philosophy”
    I have met most of the dealers and I have almost never been given any attitude. I window shop a lot, and have then chosen to give business to people I think rise above the rest. Most people are nice to me because I am nice to them.

Once a friend and fellow PakGunner showed surprise that the dealer let me pull the slide of the pistol...there is no surprise, I just asked nicely if they were okay with me testing it...

The "attitude problem" is sometimes both ways. I am sure a lot of times the attitude felt is only a reflection of the attitude one is carrying or showing to the dealer, and it is difficult for most people to see their own issues.

I think that there is no set formula. Any relationships are built over time, and since the dealers are businessmen, they would be nicer to you if you don't just waste their time.

So, be nice, professional and cordial, slightly reserved and also with a smile on YOUR face to find everyone only reflecting your attitude back onto you.

Just my 5 cents.
    It is the Nut behind the bolt that matters.