Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you conceal your gun? WATCH THIS!

Enthusiast
    it`s realy amazing shairing thanks

Enthusiast
    Nice share, but I do smell a bit of anti-gun lobby in the opinion. Preparedness and training are a definate must on the defendant's part but the element of surprise for the attacker plays a huge part. Statistically, intruders are more nervous and prone to attack or fire first. but if confronted properly, may subdue as easily.

Nice finding Anthrax brother a very nice finding indeed :)
    thnx for shairing
    This is my gun,there r many other like it but this is MINE !!!

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerjatt
    i read somewhere:"in the moment of crisis, we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training." a guy who practices kicking a bag will be able to kick the bugger much more strongly and timely than the one who doesn't practice at all. i think we should have a general point to point agenda for any scenario like ensuring our safety first, then ensuring safety of the bystanders and other people around and then going for the shot if we can do that effectively. like at the start of the flight they give you a visual presentation about safety measures in case of emergency which is just a point to point agenda but not a hands on practical course. i agree with faisiji sb to the extent that we should practice among ourselves like with brothers and friends to improve our response time.
    Bro
    But we must keep in mind that the bag is not kicking back. Same goes with the traditional
    bulls eye shooting.
    Only if we put ourselves in stressfull scenarios and than practice only than we might prevail
    against the badguys.
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Quote Originally Posted by exceptional_leo
    i think if we have holster on right side, our hand ll approach the pistol grip and we ll furthe have to move our hand towards our armpit to get the gun barrel out of holster which is sometimes difficult. but if we have it on left side, we ll grip the pistol grip and can raise it easily. and if the holster is a bit inclined towards the front side of our body, it ll be even more easy. now keep urself in the shoes of intruder. if some one tries to draw gun from his right side the intruder ll easily make out that he is taking the gun out. if the victim is trying to take gun from his left side out, it ll not be easy to judge. thats what i think.:)

The gun must be carried in the strong side as it is much faster due to little hand movement, also it is much safer as most guns which are carried in cross draw holsters have their grips facing away and in a " snatch me " position. The bad guys have repeatedly done this with guys carrying guns in cross draw position just at the start of an arguement.

How ever when driving a car a cross draw works rather well when sitting down in the car seat, the armed forces and Pak police still carry in cross draw, the armed forces are in a different situation and their primary weapon is a Rifle.
    The police must up date; although the Elite Police and other trained units carry on strong side.
    JU

Grrrrr. :mad: This hatchet piece really angers me! Please allow me to share some information about the set-up:

The police trainer knew where the student with the gun was sitting. He has admitted that. He walked in, he shot the teacher and then immediately turned on the student with the gun. It was a set up designed to make the gun carrying student fail. Instead of conveniently shooting the gun carrying test subject, the "killer" should have been told to shoot the teacher then shoot as many students as he can.

Using a police firearms instructor as a the killer was very disengenuous. The usual ambush shooter is no better shot than the other average people walking the street. They should have used another volunteer off the street instead of one of the best shooters they can find.

The gun carrying student was required to wear an outfit poorly choosen for concealment. It was crafted for both poor concealment and for poor access.

The holster was low end, though a popular brand. It was a Fobus paddle holster. It was not worn well and I noted the lack of a belt on one test subject.

The students were trained without the protective gloves and then forced to engage the killer wearing the gloves- this created a unrealistic handicap.

20/20 wasn't interested in the truth as to whether a student with a gun could have made a difference. The wanted to prove a point they believed.

The lessons 20/20 wanted you to learn from watching the video weren't actually lessons. What you learned is that if you are forced to carry a gun in a set up designed to be slow and then forced to wear gloves which hinder your dexterity and you are placed exactly where the killer knows where you will be and you are immediately targeted by the killer then you will in all probability get killed.

I caution my friends to not place much value on the video.

These items are valid points to take from the video:

Carry concealed but accessible.
    Good holsters are a must.
    A good belt is a clear benefit.
    Don't wear big cumbersome gloves.

Also, when taking part in a hatchet-job anti-gun piece:

Change seats to confuse the ringer police instructor skilled killer
    Insist that one of the other test subjects be the killer.
    Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low.
    Aint no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go.

In reality, there are many examples in America of the person with the concealed gun settling the situation decisively.

At the Trolley Square shooting in Ogedn, Utah, an off duty police officer (that would be a person in civilian clothes carrying a concealled handgun) engaged the killer. This cornered the killer and held him at bay until the SWAT team arrived and killed the would be mass murder. The man was creditted with saving countless lives.

At the Appalacian Law School, armed students stopped a rampage killer.

There are many more, and many, many more instances of persons defending themselves against less sensational killings and more average robberies, car-jackings, muggings, etc.

John Lott did an interesting statistical analysis which showed that when a person with a gun was present at the initiation of the killings less people died.
    Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low.
    Aint no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go.

Enthusiast
    @Skeeter60

very well explained :)
    Take Care and Cheers.

thanks for sharing Anthrax bro.
    It is must for every muslim adult to know how to use basic weapons. If he/she is capable they must have. It is for them and society.

Simply marvelous explanation Steve. Student was like sitting duck :( those students didn't had any experience for the real threat handling and the police instructor was the BEST man to deal the situations like this. Indeed the intruder has the element of surprise and the student had to deal the stress first time in their lives, we can simply say that the results would be very different if they had been given more than one chance.

We can say that this video doesn't prove that there is no point in having guns... it simply tells us that we have to train ourselves to handle stress in a better manner.

Thanks again Steve, the points you have given are very good indeed! Just add the training into them as well.

Carry concealed but accessible.
    Good holsters are a must.
    A good belt is a clear benefit.
    Don't wear big cumbersome gloves.
    Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. (V)

Enthusiast
    @Skeeter sahab, thanks very much for the comparison between carrying strong side vs cross draw. Very informative and useful

@Steve, excellent analysis on the video and conclusions drawn. Thanks.

Expert Member
    thank you so much for all the views, i read here because your views are now my knowledge :)
    I am in many ways name less, many ways shame less, I can be the purest soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.

@ raheel vry valuable videos bro

many of us dont ever think about it , very nice share
    “You can get more with a nice word and a gun than you can with a nice word.”

good share....
    I've hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted.

Old digg !!! Valuable information though ...

Enthusiast
    What to do next? How to overcome with this type of situation? Any other video replying this

I havent watched the video yet but I will write 2 replies, for one, I carry my pistol on my left side when concealing, and open carry...I dont feel comfortable with the right hand right draw technique, in my own experience the right side is too slow and cumbersome, it also displays who has what to an aware eye causing you to be distinguished as the target...unless youre a trained CCW shooter...but I feel better with my weapon on my left side, I know once I reach the weapon subconsciously is already in my hand, and yes the element of surprise can overcome the CCW carrier. I want a smoother action to draw and if someone gets the right angle they can sneak up behind you and if youre pushed against a wall youre not going to be able to draw your weapon in time...Now I am going to watch the video because someone is using my computer right now and I cant watch it, ill give my opinion after I view the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisar View Post
    What to do next? How to overcome with this type of situation? Any other video replying this
    @ Nisar: Practice , practice, practice and then some more to over come this type of situation
    Arma potentius aequum!