Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you conceal your gun? WATCH THIS!

i certainly agree with both Apalo and mhrehamn sb because life dosent give 2nd chances but if it does we should take them and be as my nani once told me hope for the best and prepare for the worse half of us probably would not get into a life threatning situation ut if we get into one i would like luck and skill both on my side and SD is not only with fire arms we should also know basic evasion techniques adn disarming techniques because a man that wants to kill knows he does but a man that wants to save himself does not k now when or where so lets be one step ahead..... if i offended someone i am sorry but thats what i think
    ....Rana Rasal...
    the future is untold
    till the static unfolds that the good die young
    Please God let this Bad Boy die old

Supreme Member
    Thanks for an excellent share Anthrax brother. :)

Member Emeritus
    Excellent sharing Anthrax brother. :)

nice sharing Anthrax bro.
    Qaim Khani

A real lesson indeed.

Good share brother,

Situation like this first i will protect my self by hiding some place and then draw the weapon.

Agree with most of the people should practice more for different situations.
    Khuda tujahy phir kisi tufaan say ashna kar day, Kay teray behar ki monjaun main istarab nahin

Lord of War
    Excellent share, Anthrax. Just by watching the video my heart started pumping faster, after I realized that how difficult it is to react properly in a situation like that.
    \"Jannat is in the shadow of swords\" said our beloved Nabi Muhammad (salalahoalaiwassalam).

Supreme Member
    The intruders entering the room are not average robbers/dacoits but are on a killing spree.
    Since they have the element of suprise on their side It is close to impossible for just one person to stop them.
    They can only be stopped, if they are surprised.
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

Anthrax this is really excellent share....
    “Any tool is a weapon if you hold it right.”

@ all
    ok guys ALLAH forbid if some 1 is at the scene with a weapon what should be his 1st priority and how should he handle the scene.

like for me, i think a person should immigately seek a cover before he should think about drawing his weapon, while seeking cover he should try to draw weapon and than aim/shoot / escape according to the situation.

what do u guys suggest should a person try to eliminate the threat like almost all of the students in the video did, or should take a cover and than fire or some thing else ?
    Hit hard Hit fast Hit often.

Blog Entries
    The video strongly suggests that we not only need to know the weapon we carry and train with it, but we also need to know our body and how it reacts in situations like these, and train accordingly. You might notice that the poor students were trained to handle guns, but not trained to handle themselves and then put in a situation where knowing / handling your physical reactions was actually more important than knowing how to clear a stove pipe.
    Lesson of the Day: Active shooter situations like these demand much more than a simple weapons training.
    Many thanks to Anthrax for sharing and providing us with some valuable observations.
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by mhrehman
    "A very informative thread. From this a suggestion came into my mind, Pak Guns should officially arrange a session of GTG for Close Quarter Combat Tactics, I can arrange a session in Islamabad Gun Club and a professional who is an expert in CQC and CQB. ;), this will give our members an extra edge and an opportunity over the average joe. Just a thought. Also, there is an old saying at my last job "Train as you fight, and Fight as you train"
    very nice suggestion and offer this will help alot, to me CQC tatics are must for every 1 who keep weapon for SD or HD.
    Hit hard Hit fast Hit often.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax
    Real life danger is something which can turn a professional with a gun into a marshmallow. There have been countless events where something like that happened. If that's true, then what about us? The Regular Joe who carries a concealed weapon at all times, hoping to protect his life when in danger?

This test might not be everything there is to CC, but it certainly is something to watch about as it raises a lot of questions.

If you conceal your weapon on a daily basis, make SURE you watch both parts of this video.

Do NOT skip out on this, it's VERY VALUABLE to you and your routine carry.

Part-1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY...eature=related

Part-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_...eature=related

When you're done, lets exchange some thoughts on a situation like that which we've already discussed a few times but not from this angle where tests and footage are available to us of people being put in a hostile environment.

Very nice Bro.
    Do Good Have Good.

that's an eye opener. we need to remember that having guns on ourselves doesn't make our bodies armoured and we remain prone to our nerves. we must train with our weapons and training not only means range practice but a lot of dry firing in standing, sitting and prone, holstering and unholstering in different positions and body angles to make our weapon as much a part of our body as our hands.
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerjatt
    that's an eye opener. we need to remember that having guns on ourselves doesn't make our bodies armoured and we remain prone to our nerves. we must train with our weapons and training not only means range practice but a lot of dry firing in standing, sitting and prone, holstering and unholstering in different positions and body angles to make our weapon as much a part of our body as our hands.
    You have just discounted factors of being shot at and stress from your post?

@vik

not at all sir. kindly read my the first line of my post again. :)
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Supreme Member
    @vik

not at all sir. kindly read my the first line of my post again. :)
    Bro

What do you recommend. What's the anti stress formula. Where is the element of stress
    in dry firing procedures that you mentioned.

Thanks

i read somewhere:"in the moment of crisis, we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training." a guy who practices kicking a bag will be able to kick the bugger much more strongly and timely than the one who doesn't practice at all. i think we should have a general point to point agenda for any scenario like ensuring our safety first, then ensuring safety of the bystanders and other people around and then going for the shot if we can do that effectively. like at the start of the flight they give you a visual presentation about safety measures in case of emergency which is just a point to point agenda but not a hands on practical course. i agree with faisiji sb to the extent that we should practice among ourselves like with brothers and friends to improve our response time.

i read somewhere:"in the moment of crisis, we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training." a guy who practices kicking a bag will be able to kick the bugger much more strongly and timely than the one who doesn't practice at all. i think we should have a general point to point agenda for any scenario like ensuring our safety first, then ensuring safety of the bystanders and other people around and then going for the shot if we can do that effectively. like at the start of the flight they give you a visual presentation about safety measures in case of emergency which is just a point to point agenda but not a hands on practical course. i agree with faisiji sb to the extent that we should practice among ourselves like with brothers and friends to improve our response time.
    +100

True.
    Do Good Have Good.