Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you conceal your gun? WATCH THIS!

Real life danger is something which can turn a professional with a gun into a marshmallow. There have been countless events where something like that happened. If that's true, then what about us? The Regular Joe who carries a concealed weapon at all times, hoping to protect his life when in danger?

This test might not be everything there is to CC, but it certainly is something to watch about as it raises a lot of questions.

If you conceal your weapon on a daily basis, make SURE you watch both parts of this video.

Do NOT skip out on this, it's VERY VALUABLE to you and your routine carry.

Part-1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY...eature=related

Part-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_...eature=related

When you're done, lets exchange some thoughts on a situation like that which we've already discussed a few times but not from this angle where tests and footage are available to us of people being put in a hostile environment.
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

WOAAAH now that reminds us no matter how much time on the range no matter how good shots we are in the field,
    at the end of the day tacctical shooting under stress is as difficult as the first time we handled our first big bore weapon

and honestly none of us is trained for these scenarios...
    that can only come with real life stress situations

THIS WAS AN EYE OPENER
    ....Rana Rasal...
    the future is untold
    till the static unfolds that the good die young
    Please God let this Bad Boy die old

Enthusiast
    its really very difficult in real life where you have only fraction of a second
    Take Care and Cheers.

Everyone on this forum should take time out and see this video, thanks to Anthrax for an excellent share :)

Blog Entries
    Will check the vids once back to my PC this eve, but I've a feeling it's abt mental "preparedness" of defendent vs "surprise factor" advantage of attacker, and indeet it's a hard to achieve " equalibrium", only possible to some extent with a mix of right proportions of mental "anticipation", drawing technique and very RIGHT holster and more important the right ANGLE of hoster placement. Still, sadly, the circumstantial advantage is not YOURS!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Here in the both videos i observe that holesters were at the right side of the right hand shooters..

Here in Pakistan what we c with security personnel and also the experts wearing the holters at their left side for the right hand shooters!

can any one put some light on wearing of the holters to left or right side for the right hand shooters and what might be the advantages or the disadvantages in both.

i think if we have holster on right side, our hand ll approach the pistol grip and we ll furthe have to move our hand towards our armpit to get the gun barrel out of holster which is sometimes difficult. but if we have it on left side, we ll grip the pistol grip and can raise it easily. and if the holster is a bit inclined towards the front side of our body, it ll be even more easy. now keep urself in the shoes of intruder. if some one tries to draw gun from his right side the intruder ll easily make out that he is taking the gun out. if the victim is trying to take gun from his left side out, it ll not be easy to judge. thats what i think.:)
    Guns Have Two Enimies: "rust" & "politicians"

Supreme Member
    My initial reaction to the rather "one sided " report about gun carrying is yes given these circumstances this is what can happen.I wonder as someone else did as well what would happen if the class room scenario had lore than i CC in it.

It is a acceptable fact that if i get in a gun fight i will get wounded or killed if the person shooting at me wants kill me So why i carry?

Because it provides me with a sense of well being and ability to protect myself. It also makes me aware of how it move and sit in public and even at home and gives me an incentive to be aware of my surroundings.

Now the question is is owning a gun enough?NO!!!!

A gun is merely a tool it prepares you for self-defense no more that owning a sharp knife qualifies you for performing surgery.

Practice shooting regularly.

Know your weapon intimately

Practice drawing from holster in day to day situations.My brothers and i have system where at a random time someone yells "contact" and the rest have to react and draw/rack and come to defensive guard.We average about 3 draws a day this way.On my own i drill constantly to draw and/rack the weapon in front of the mirror.

Understand laws of physics and biology involved in a gunfight.Learn to channel you "danger response" to help you rather than incapacitate you
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

thanks for sharing Anthrax bro.
    Ends and purposes, whether they exist as conscious or subconscious tendencies, form the wrap and woof of our conscious experience. (M. Iqbal Sb.)

Enthusiast
    This is an excellent share Anthrax. It drives the point home about being aware and about preparation. What is the right preparation? It is knowing where you're weak in what you need to do and then practicing doing just that till you get it right. And then keep practicing it regularly so you don't lose it.

thanks for sharing Anthrax bro.
    Guns are like good friends.

i guess carring an weapon only gives u and edge.

i might not be able to get my hands near my pistol in a real life threathing situation but who knows i might gets my hand on my pistol and bangs before the BG clicks. and thats the only reason i keep my self armed.

in some cases person dont even get time to read the scene and gets extra led in his head but on other hand in some cases a person gets all the time to comb his hair, brush teeth, catch breath, stable nerves and put all 6 between the eyes of a BG.
    Hit hard Hit fast Hit often.

Expert Member
    I really appreciate the Faisji and msm for there views, for me i usually dont carry a weapon with me, but occasionally specially while going to my village. the main intention is protection from the robbers and from local "kantotay" (so called gangsters).
    IMHO, if some one is coming with the intention to kill me, than i am a sitting duck in a car for him so at that time you merely have a time to react but some time as msm said, luck can be our side for reaction so IMHO, if some one have a gun he should carry it so at the time to the action when you also have time to react you should not say "ah kash".
    I am in many ways name less, many ways shame less, I can be the purest soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.

nice share
    Been there, Done that

Excellentb input guys. Since I'm on the move and writing this from my phone, I'll make one quick point. The intention of this video isn't primarily to suggest that don't carry. In my opinion, on should carry at all times, but not when he isn't trained with his weapon. In that case, he's a threat to himself and othes around him. I'm in my car right now and as always, carrying my weapon with me so by no means do I suggest that we should diasrm ourselves.

On the other hand, I also beleive that one must practice with his weapon all the time. Play out dangerous scenarios in your mind and see what comes up. Spend time on the range and more time in your home, drawing your weapon as faisiji suggesed. Induce a situation where your bloods pumping 4x its normal speed and see how you handle your weapon and aim down a target.

Learn the positive things out of these videos, don't just declare it biased. The LEA's in the video are talking about situations and techniques for your benefit. Learn from them. Envision them and understand what he means by "Tunnel Vision".

Be safe out there. 95% of us bought our weapons for SD. Shooting at stationary targets is a good way to learn about your weapon but that's not even the half of what we should do with our SD weapon.
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

"if some one have a gun he should carry it so at the time to the action when you also have time to react you should not say "ah kash".

@Apolo +1, and that sounded familiar :D

A very informative thread. From this a suggestion came into my mind, Pak Guns should officially arrange a session of GTG for Close Quarter Combat Tactics, I can arrange a session in Islamabad Gun Club and a professional who is an expert in CQC and CQB. ;), this will give our members an extra edge and an opportunity over the average joe. Just a thought. Also, there is an old saying at my last job "Train as you fight, and Fight as you train"
    "Facta Non Verba"

Lord of War
    First off all, I really have a problems with the choice of the title i.e. CCP Holders live in dreams world.
    That simply smells anti gun agenda.
    IF you watch closely, you will see that the intruder has the knowledge before hand abt the weapon holder and he immediately shoots him first. The element of surprise is not there for the BG which is the greatest weapon of any CCW holder.
    I agree that one should get training if he/ she can but I think this video is part of the anti gun propaganda campaign by Brady bunch or democrats. Training or no Training, every 1 has the right to self defense irrespective of the tools that he/ she may utilize.
    A pretty quick hit is better than a lightning-fast miss. -- Jack Weaver

Omkhan Sir you are absolutely right, but in my very humble opinion, it was only to demonstrate that we need to practice different drills for CQC, God forbid, in a car snatching or phone snatching or just simple gun point mugging, the victim is the only target of the offender, so they tried to demonstrate through this video that simply carrying a weapon is not enough, you should be able to use it effectively under high stress situations.
    "Facta Non Verba"

Omkhan;

The title isn't official. Some anti-gun nut must've created that but the videos are for our good. As I said before, lets take out all thr positive things out of this research and use it for our benefit.

And +1 Mhrehman.

Thanks Anthrax bro, tried to meet you on a couple of gtg's but missed out, but there is always a next time. :D

OmKhan Sir, one more thing I forgot to mention, because it is a public forum on the internet, I cannot discuss what I do professionally, but in many many cases I have seen that the attacker used the gun carried by the victim on themselves, imagine that you got something for your protection, and it got used against you, meaning you bought doom for yourself, imagine how would that feel if you are lucky enough to have lived through it. And sir if anything, I learn t from this video is that it compels me to carry a weapon and have proper practice. So sir the thing is that we should always be prepared for the worst. I myself have started my drills again a few days ago, and let me tell you just after three months I feel like I am starting from scratch.

And OmKhan sir, please don't feel any disrespect, its just an informative conversation so I kinda joined in. :)
    "Facta Non Verba"