Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makarov 9mm

Supreme Member
    That would be so gracious of you Sir :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilani
    Not at all. It would by 'my' pleasure. Will discuss with you and Fahd before I leave Karachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mig
    Quote Originally Posted by vik
    Aoa
    Brother, I didn't knew Mak was a 9mm. Please, elaborate.
    Brother Vik., Makarov is a 9mm. But let me clarify you the distinguishing factors of it with the common 9mms

Makarov is 9x18 mm.. USually the Common are 9x19 mm

Mak is also different from other 9x18 like some german brands. The Eupean use 9.02mm Diameter, and they are 9.02 x 18 mm. But the MaK use 9.2mm and its 9.2 x 18 mm.

I hope it is clear to you now that Mak is also a 9mm, But dont try 9x19mm rounds on Mak. It will damage your gun, Becuase its Diameter is also a little different too apart from length.

mig nice info brother

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SA
    Not at all. It would by 'my' pleasure. Will discuss with you and Fahd before I leave Karachi.
    Thanks a lot SA sahib :)

Member Emeritus
    Does anybody have any experience with the Russian Barnaul Ammunition.. bought some rounds few days back for Makarov.. although the reviews are quite encouraging on the net, still if someone have first hand experience with it.. some pictures

Expert Member
    @ Aquarius sir , although off topic but what is the current rate of good condition MAk, i have seen the double stack model at Fakher Alam but still like the retro one,
    cheers

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad
    @ Aquarius sir , although off topic but what is the current rate of good condition MAk, i have seen the double stack model at Fakher Alam but still like the retro one,
    cheers
    Ahmad Bro.. a good condition Mak (Old Russian 8 round capacity) would certainly be arround 100K these days.. during recent visit of AK47 bro to Peshawar, we asked its price from the same dealer you mentioned, and believe me what he quoted for a Mak in very good condition (because I doubt the NIB is available these days).. I cannot believe my ears 150K :o

Blog Entries
    @Ahmad............Sir, Aquarius bro just gave you the actual situation. May I add, there's nothing wrong with the new Mak even, neither with the 12 shots model, nor with the 8 shots one. The "thicker" grip is no "disadvantage" as we all presumed, in fact, it gives an even firmer hold of the gun. :)

Finally, the weight is exactly the same as the old one, 730 grms of the 8 shots model, 780 grms of the 12 shots one. Weight of original Mak was 730 grms. Balance is the same thus, so though the old one has a symbolic value of it's own, new one is by no means inferior, functionally. :) I liked it, somehow. :)
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Expert Member
    @ Ak & aquarius thanks both of you sir , 150 k is too much for makarov.
    I did not see the 8 shot version , will check it out on next trip to lahore after eid

Supreme Member
    150 k for Makarov :o That's great. :cool: The other day a dealer in Quetta offered me 60k for my Mak but I politely declined since I never wanted to sell it. He immediately raised it to 75k but when I still declined, he offered me that whenever I want to sell it, I should contact him :lol:

Actually what I have learnt is that after the cold war (during which Makarov was sort of banned in the West and was considered Enemy's Weapon), Makarov is becoming very popular in USA. It was surprising to learn at Makarov.com that many Americans nowadays carry Makarov as their primary CC gun. The American and European soldiers in Afghanistan are the hot buyers of Makarov nowadays; hence this sudden raise in price :)

Aquarius brother, what is the price of Barnaul ammo? It is known to be one of the best Mak ammo, highly preferred in USA.

Member Emeritus
    Aquarius brother, what is the price of Barnaul ammo? It is known to be one of the best Mak ammo, highly preferred in USA.
    Gilani Sir @45/round.. I bought these just for checking, but after your green signal I will go for some more, if he still have it in stalk..... :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    Gilani Sir @45/round.. I bought these just for checking, but after your green signal I will go for some more, if he still have it in stalk..... :)
    All those packs on the top shelf gone? :rolleyes:
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    May be, because I have experienced it in the past.. shelves full of items and just a week delay and every thing vanished.. and its not uncommon with Fakhr e Alam.... ;)

Blog Entries
    May be, because I have experienced it in the past.. shelves full of items and just a week delay and every thing vanished.. and its not uncommon with Fakhr e Alam.... ;)
    Really! :o :rolleyes:

I've the feeling he's a whole sale supplier then, in my opinion, he had at least 5000 rounds recently.

@Aquarius bro.........Have you seen this ammo with any other dealer? :rolleyes:

Member Emeritus
    I've the feeling he's a whole sale supplier then, in my opinion, he had at least 5000 rounds recently.
    @Aquarius bro.........Have you seen this ammo with any other dealer? :rolleyes:
    Dont know whether whole sale supplier or not. but whenever a good quality item comes to the market, people try to get in bulk which creates shortage.. anyhow I will call him tomorrow about its availability.. if he has it will book some more because I have not seen this ammo with any other dealer, not even in Jumrud during my last visit with Ilyas bro two days back.... :)

Supreme Member
    Great. Please save a few for me. :lol: I will contact you on phone Aquarius brother :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad
    cheers
    Ahmad Bro.. a good condition Mak (Old Russian 8 round capacity) would certainly be arround 100K these days.. during recent visit of AK47 bro to Peshawar, we asked its price from the same dealer you mentioned, and believe me what he quoted for a Mak in very good condition (because I doubt the NIB is available these days).. I cannot believe my ears 150K :o

I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE.. the last time i was tempted to sell my Mak i nearly did it....but now i think i will have to do it.
    this price is un beatable.

@Aquarius & Gillani Sb

i am willing to travel to Any place just let me know where i can sell my Maks (i have two 1988 and one 1983)

regards

fahd

Blog Entries
    @fahd.mehmood.............Kindly post your two assets, would like to see them. :)

Expert Member
    @fahd.mehmood.............Kindly post your two assets, would like to see them. :)
    and also let us know what we have to sell to buy them, should i sell some marlas of land belongs to my Father :)
    please read the above bold line in urdu :(
    I am in many ways name less, many ways shame less, I can be the purest soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.

Member Emeritus
    Great. Please save a few for me. :lol: I will contact you on phone Aquarius brother :)
    Totally forgot to inquire about its availability today.. will do it tomorrow Inshallah.. Gilani bro how many rounds do you need.??