Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock with NPv "Nitro Powder Proofed" Mark

A.O.A
    Yesterday I was in Peshawar looking for Glock 19, prices are higher than few months back and shortage of supply as well I dont know actual situation but as dealer said. I went to Fekhr e Alam and he gave me very reasonable price which was also a bit negotiable. Gun in my hands and I field strip it but I came across a very strange mark on slide and polymer frame an "eagle & NPv" I was confused I asked many a times about its originality but built was very nice and clean.
    Paid money but double minded googling problem and I found this
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/handg...lock-19-a.html
    I search the forum but nothing there might be new topic?
    I will post my pics later
    The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad SAW.
    \"O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray\".

Supreme Member
    Aoa
    Regarding Glock, only Glockies can tell 100% facts. Even by looking at the pic that you posted, they can tell you stuff.
    I can tell you a bit about eagle over N related to Walther P99. Here goes Copy/Paste.

The slide, barrel, and frame of 100% German-made P99s bear the "eagle over N" proofmark, which signifies that the pistol was tested with a "proof load." The "N" stands for nitro cellulose, which is used in gun powder. The frame, on the right side under the accessory rail, also bears a staghorn proofmark that signifies that the proofing was done at the ULM/DO proof house. HK pistols are also proofed at ULM/DO.

For 2005 and later P99s, including the P99c (Compact), the only proofmark on the frame is the "eagle over N," located on the right side of the trigger guard, in the top-front corner

So I guess Its a good thing for pistols. Eagerly awaiting comments from Experts.
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

AoA

how much did you pay for the glock 19?

Regards
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Member Emeritus
    First of all heartiest congrats on your excellent purchase. Yes these Nitro proofed marks (an eagle with Npv) should be present on all Glocks made and assembled in Austria. If you have a magnifying glass and carefully magnify the eagle, you will also see figure '2', which is a proof that these Glocks are made in Vienna... Smyrna assembled Glocks does'nt have these Nitro proofed marks........... :)

Member Emeritus
    Forgot to tell you that figure '1' in the eagle indicates that these Glocks are made in Ferlach Austria, which too has a manufacturing plant. But the ones exported/smuggled here are mainly Vienna ones......... :)

The Eagle & the shield with the numeral 2 in the center and "NPv" represents that these Glock were assembled and test fired at GLOCK Ges.m.b.H Austria .

The "NPv" marking means "Nitro Powder proofed". To get this proofmark, a Gun in Austria has to be fired and proofed with 130% loads.

While the US assembled Glocks at Glock Inc., Smyrna, GA are only marked with Glock Logo, which indicates that these Glocks are assembled & test fired in US.

Besides these markings, you will also see 3 letters "IOT" etc on some of Glock Barrels. These are marked next to the gun seriel # and proof markings on the barrel. These 3 letters represent the month and the year in which the barrel was test fired. First letter represent the month and the next 2 represent the year.

The 3 letters represent the barrel test fire date code:

The first letter is for the month:
    E...Jan
    L...Feb
    N...Mar
    B...Apr
    S...May
    Z...Jun
    G...Jul
    P...Aug
    I...Sep
    C...Oct
    V...Nov
    A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
    O...0
    W...1
    K...2
    R...3
    F...4
    M...5
    H...6
    Y...7
    T...8
    D...9
    If Guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

Truly a Glockaholic.

@glockaholic

sir you justify your nick. :)
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

@ Glockaholic

You rock Bro! :D
    Take care of your gun and your gun will take care of you!

Here is full research work on glock
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412093
    I post this topic coz most of us dont know about this "NPv" before. I had glock 19 before sold out a month ago.
    The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad SAW.
    \"O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray\".

@Salahuddin Ayubi
    @SlayerJatt
    @Manglo Ramzani

Thanks guys,

Jusr sharing my 25 cents. I am glad that we share and gain knowledge here.

Glockcholic brother its for sure that if there is a Glock so Glockcholic would be there, so simply explained hats off to yo

@Khurramdool brother many thanks to you too for sharing such a womderful and very useful links nice sharing keep it up :cool:

Supreme Member
    @ Khurram bro, congrats. i see your pistol is loaded, when you do not intend to fire never load it for no reason. pls post some more pics.

Glockcohlic bro, as you listed 1st letter and last 2 letters are the date codes, can you reveal KUW what year and month is there on khurram's weapon?
    Arms & Arms, Brothers in Arms.

@Sensei

Thanks bro.

@Glockcholic are you in or out now a days :)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Al Hawl
    Glockcohlic bro, as you listed 1st letter and last 2 letters are the date codes, can you reveal KUW what year and month is there on khurram's weapon?
    Hmmm ... :rolleyes:
    Take care of your gun and your gun will take care of you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Al Hawl
    @ Khurram bro, congrats. i see your pistol is loaded, when you do not intend to fire never load it for no reason. pls post some more pics.

KUW - G-19 - February 2009 - - "Austrian" markings
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

@AAH

The Glock pix is from the net as mentioned by @Khurramdool, it's not his glock. And the 3 letter guideline is for the letters on the barel not the gun serial number. Any how the link provided above will give you complete details on how to find the production month and year of your glock.

In that perticular case which you asked, as per the index given on the link, that Glock 19 was produced in February 2009.

Sensei, I M out & enjoying the pleasent weather. :cool: