Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Accuracy Thread

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilani
    Hopefully, other members would also post some range results of their handguns. Please do remember to follow the procedure otherwise we will not be able to compare results. Thanks :)
    Yes ofcourse Sir you are absolutely rite. Other members should also participate in order to fully evaluate the performance & specially the accuracy (for which this particular thread is made) of a particular handgun..... But sir you have all these facilities(proper range, proper targets sheets etc etc) easily available in your vacinity... we used to go to a military range which is now closed for civilians because of the present situation in our Country & specially in our province, unless you are a military personnel, you are not allowed, therefore we used to go outside the city into the suburbs where no proper range is situated.... all we can do is to hit standard size bricks or bottles from some specific distance from which we evaluate the accuracy...... :(

Supreme Member
    Aquarius brother, I understand and this no doubt is a serious problem. However, some of us still have the opportunity available for this kind of range testing and they should try to contribute in whatever capacity that we can. Thanks for your comments. :)

@Gilani

Now thats what I'm talking about. You're The Man Gilani Sb. I just don't have the words to fully appreciate what you have done here. However I will say this: the dedication that you've demonstrated in increasing the knowledge of fellow members is totally befitting a true gentleman. keep it the good work Sir! we need alot to learn from you.

Regards.

p.s. someone once told me: Knowledge base is the currency that determines which society will prosper and which will perish and you earn the right to live in any society by giving something back such as even a small increase in the knowledge base.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Member Extraordinaire
    This is a great thread .

Fantastic, best thread of its kind BRAVO :D.
    The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad SAW.
    \"O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray\".

Supreme Member
    @12guage
    @Dr Zakir
    @Khurramdool
    Thanks a lot Sir :)

Banned
    My most favorite thread. Accuracy result of local gun is an eye opener for many. Accuracy of Norinco TT is disappointing.

Lord of War
    Gilani, I found the Kanuni S quite accurate because of the tight groupings despite having the worst trigger. I believe with a slight adjustment of sights and a smoothed out trigger, this could be a tough competitor to PT 99 in your hands. Just my thoughts :)
    A pretty quick hit is better than a lightning-fast miss. -- Jack Weaver

Blog Entries
    Sir Gillani, brilliant idea, and even more brilliant execution!!
    it takes 5 minutes to go through the reviews in detail and if you re planning to skim, you can just check out the final rating in bold.
    Very fair standard covering POF 2z only. And you have also covered a huge chunk of the easily available handguns.
    The detail and the quality of the information is exceptional and moreover, the presentation of all that info is brilliant.
    a very commendable effort with amazing results. You have my gratitude sir.
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

Blog Entries
    I would also like to recommend that this thread should either be referred to or linked to the "Buying your first handgun" thread. recommendations will make much more sense with the target holes :)
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

MY FIRST SHOOTING (TESTING) ON TAURUS PT 609 (AL-THOUGH I AM NOT A GOOD PISTOL SHOOTER)

Caliber: 9 mm Grips: Checkered Polymer Capacity: 13 +1 Weight: 19.7 oz Rate of Twist: 1:9.84" Barrel Length: 3-1/4" Frame: Compact Action: SA/DA Front Sight: Heinie Length: 6.125"

We fired 8 shorts from a rought distance of 10 Mtrs. out of which 5 were on target. This may be due high contrast and glare of white paper. I have also captured it on my video cam. (fixed on tripod) and will post it later inshallah.
    We used a home made target holder on which computer printed target was glued. ;) The target was placed in front of a pile of mix sand.
    Ammo used was 9mm para of Poly Tech. china. (white box) .

The result on the stand alone brick was totally different from that of my 30 Bore (Norinco- TT). The 9 mm only broke the brick on double shots.. while another brick on the same position was broken into pieces by a single shot of TT. Which may be due to the stronger fire power or greater velocity of the the muzzle (small bullet with bigger shell + long barral).

Another drawback in my opinion was that the 2 bullets of 9mm were found completely in its FULL SHAPE with only the head was torn off in one bullet and a little twist on the heads of both bullets. I mean the matel jacket on the front was deshaped only.
    Contrary to this, and most amazing to me was the fire power of TT which broke the brick into pieces with single shot and only the metal jacket *shaped was found. No bullet of TT was found in full shape.

At the end of the session, one 9 mm bullet (muzzle??????? ??? ????) was found in the upper sand where my younger son was playing, he took it away and fixed it back in the empty shell. :) :cool:

Member Emeritus
    If this is the accuracy report from 10M, then I will not even think of buying PT609... :(
    And yes you are rite... TT projectile has greater penetration power than 9mm, hence breaking bricks with single shot, but it also depends on the 9mm handgun used...... :)

Blog Entries
    Gilani bro, just completed reading all reviews, that is one usefull thread you started and thanks for your dedication & effort to establish a database of different handguns accuracy. This will help the members/visitors want to buy a handgun and are concerned about the accuracy of what they go for.
    I am waiting for a chance to visit you with my handguns to get them caliberated :)
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Supreme Member
    @All
    Thanks for your appreciative comments :)

@Sqn Ldr Shariq.
    Thanks for the comments Sir. Regarding inaccuracy of Norinco TT, I think with better sights and better trigger, it can be more accurate but not much. Local clones are mostly disappointing with regards to accuracy though some specially made ones are very good. I have noticed that nowadays, there is lot of emphasis on top quality finish in local weapons and not much attention is given to the internals. They have probably discovered that probably 90 % of buyers would buy a particular weapon after seeing the feel and finish. The finish of this clone was not far less than original Beretta I must say. But internals were quite ugly and crudely finished.

@Omkhan
    Sir, I wrote it in my comment that with a better trigger, Kanuni S can be more accurate, however, not much. And I dont think it would ever be able to compete Taurus PT99 which is entirely a different class. Kanuni S, in my view, is a reasonably good gun and that's it. As for the sights, they are fixed and cannot be adjusted less by an expert gunsmith with proper gadgetry. So why to bother that much? Why not to a buy a gun which is accurate from the beginning. :)

@Starfish
    Thanks for your comments Sir. I think this thread should stay as an Handgun Accuracy thread because it focuses on only one aspect of a gun, though a vital one. When we are buying a gun however, there could be many other factors that one might like to consider which have not been included in this thread. :)

regards

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    I am waiting for a chance to visit you with my handguns to get them caliberated :)
    Sir, now its time for giving practical shape to your ideas........ just come over :) I am also anxious to check the accuracy of OSS. ;)

Supreme Member
    Khalil sahib, thanks for the contribution. I would suggest that if you use standard size targets than it would be easier for us to compare the results. You can easily download a standard target from the internet and take a printout. The target that I am using in all tests is also a computer printout which is taken out separately on 2 pages and than the pages are joined together. :)
    regards

PakGuns Expert Panel
    @Sir Gilani, this is a very useful thread indeed. Here is no room for the personal liking or disliking, every gun has been put to the same test and winners are shining with better hits. Although, there are not any surprises except the Beretta 92FS.
    I must say that you have put up a great effort to provide something useful. By the way how many handguns do you have??? :)
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

Supreme Member
    HJ sahib, thanks.
    Beretta 92fs came as a surprise to me as well but considering the condition of the gun (60-65%), it was not that bad a result after all. I have fired 4 others Berettas and they were all much more accurate than this one.

As for the effort, yes it does take some but now I enjoy doing it. You see its quite a fun firing different handguns on the same standards and then comparing their results. I must say, this practice is quite addictive :D

Sir, all these guns are not mine. But since I am getting addicted to this comparative game now, I borrowed some of the guns from my friends. I personally had six guns till few days back but shredded off some load by gifting a chinese and a local TT to my friends. :)

@Gilani
    Please Dont forgot your khi friend.. ;)

@USAMA

gilani bro have't another TT