Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Accuracy Thread

@Gilani Sb:

Tusi Great Hoo...... Brother but If you would start saying you "SIR" then it would be more appropriate :) What you are doing is simply admirable and very helpful to all of us, specially for all new comers in this regard including myself ... This is another great thread from your side and Inshallah this thread will be one of the Best things of our forum. Keep it up and we all new learners are following you and other seniors of our community. ... Thanks a Lot

regards,
    \"GUNS only canít assure you a victory until seized by the brave hearts\"

Member Emeritus
    Gilani Sir excellent reveiws and great thread started.... :)

Gilani Sahib. Sir you are doing great work for all of us :)
    A Good Plan For Today Is Better Then A Great Plan For Tomorrow

Gilani sb, thats an impressive compilation. nothing but appreciations from us. opinions matter but opinions with solid tests like this speak for themselves. waiting for someone to post a stoeger and midreestaj for a 809 test please :)
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"
    JFK

Supreme Member
    Brothers LionHeart, Aquarius, Gunpsycho and Maximus, thanks a lot for your nice words. I hope now others will also post pics of their pistols. But to draw a comparison, we all must follow the same procedure. Also, this is to be remembered that this is neither the test of a firer's ability nor it is to prove a particular gun as good or bad. The purpose is to just educate each other in the light of ground results and know about one of the most important characteristics of a handgun. I understand that results would still differ slightly, depending upon the ability of a firer but this issue would be addressed when a number of results of one gun would be available to a viewer. The law of averages would finally do the talking. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60
    Kindly also mention the POF Mk 2z genuine ammo is so wonderful as you are using it in all the guns and tell us if you ever faced any problem with any gun using it. It is absolutely fine and normal for use in any Pistol or Machine Pistol.
    Sir, like you, I am also using POF 2Z since many years in my handguns and there have been no problems with any handgun except Taurus 24/7, Akdal Ghost and occasionally with CF98 and Stoeger Cougar. With pistols like Walther P38, Taurus PT 92 and 99, Beretta 92FS, CZ999 Scorpion, Norinco NP22, Llama M82, Baikal M446 Viking, HP77B, Glock 17, Glock 19 and few others that I don't exactly recall, there have been no problems whatsoever. Its a fine quality reliable ammo.

Gilani bhai thank you so much for your these briliant efforts for pakguners specially new users of handguns. I hope you will add some more handgun results very soon..
    ďAny tool is a weapon if you hold it right.Ē

yaar its great thread and very helpfull for selecting a accurate weapon i wish kai u can post review on zigana sports and stroeger as well
    -----------------------------------Sardar Khan------------------------------------

Supreme Member
    OK guys, here is the range test of an old horse, the legendary Walther P38. The weapon that I was using was quite old and thoroughly used over multiple decades. Still, it has a charm of its own. The results however were not very good.

Firer: Gelani
    Handgun: Walther P38
    Barrel: 125 MM
    L x H x W: 216 mm
    Weight: 770 g (with magazine, aluminum frame)
    Dist: 10, 20 & 30 M
    Ammo: POF 2Z
    Sequence: 5 shots from 10 M, 5 from 20M and 5 from 30M on the same target.
    Stoppages: 3 out of 30. (slide did not go forward).
    Score: 76+69........145 / 300 (48.4 %)
    Groups
    - 10 M................3.0 inches (35/50 pts)
    - 20 M................5.1 inches (30/50 pts)
    - 30 M................5.2 inches (35/50 pts)
    - ....................... 100/150 (66.66%)
    Overall Score......... 145+100=245 / 450 (54.44%)
    Accuracy Rating: JUST ACCEPTABLE

As you can see, bullets are consistently hitting low and left. The sights are not really helpful to a firer. The same old thin frontsite tip with no marking / dots either on front or rear sights. Though the weapon was not found the bare minimum accuracy standards (seeing the age of the gun, it was understandable), however, firing a walther has a charm of its own. A wonderful gun if one has in good condition. I have fired at least 7-8 other Walthers and the ones in good condition are very accurate. So this may not be taken as a standard for Walther but I have presented the results as they were :)

Supreme Member
    Here is another of crowds favourite, a Chinese TT 636. It was an NIB handgun and a very smart looking TT indeed.
    Here it goes...............

Handgun: TT 636 Chinese, 7.62 x 25mm
    Condition: NIB
    Barrel: 116 MM
    Weight: 780 g (with magazine)
    Ammo: Norinco 7.62x25mm
    Stoppages: None out of 15.
    Score: 79 / 150 (52.6 %)
    Groups
    - 10 M................5.5 inches (10/50 pts)
    - 20 M................5.2 inches (30/50 pts)
    - 30 M................None (0/50 pts)
    - ....................... 40/150 (26.66%)
    Overall Score......... 79+40=119 / 300 (39.66%)
    Accuracy Rating: JUNK

I expected this NIB TT to fire better. From 30 M, there is only one bullet on the target. The trigger was extremely hard. Would certainly smooth out after a while but today, it was quite painful for the fingers. Certainly, accuracy is badly affected with such bad trigger. I hope this weapon will fire much better when the trigger smoothes out after a while. At this moment, I would not like to carry this gun :)

Member Emeritus
    Sir Gilani: The score in second picture of Walther p38, from 10M is 36/50 instead of 40/50... Plz correct me if I am wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    Sir Gilani: The score in second picture of Walther p38, from 10M is 36/50 instead of 40/50... Plz correct me if I am wrong.....
    +1
    Take care of your gun and your gun will take care of you!

Supreme Member
    Hisab main mar kha gia :/

Post edited, cant change the writing on the pic though. Thanks for pointing out. :)

Thumbs up Gilani Sahab as always.
    My finger on the trigger with what's so foreign in my sights ..... Anger rise !
    We wage a war ... our nature to preserve... By any means... our enemies be gone...!
    No longer can we wait, As an enemy drains our future,As the light of a new day shines, Our anger fuels our march this dawn

Supreme Member
    There are so many of Turkish weapons around and except Stoeger and Akdal Ghost, I did not have much firing experience on other Turkish handguns. Here is Kanuni S. I was waiting for this weapon since long. The NIB Kanuni looked very nice, like all other Turkish guns and just thought this is the pistol I must have. However, firing it was a different experience altogether. This Kanuni that I fired had the worst trigger I have ever come across. Obviously, it affected the accuracy of the fire. Here are the specs .................

Handgun: Kanuni S
    Condition: NIB
    Barrel: 112 MM
    Length : 191 mm
    Weight: 860 g (without magazine)
    Ammo: POF 2Z
    Stoppages: 1 out of 15. A misfire with a very light strike on the primer.
    Score: 99 / 150 (66 %)
    Groups
    - 10 M................2.7 inches (35/50 pts)
    - 20 M................3.3 inches (40/50 pts)
    - 30 M................No group (0/50 pts)
    - ....................... 75/150 (50%)
    Overall Score......... 99+75=174 / 300 (58%)

Accuracy Rating: JUST ACCEPTABLE

Overall, it seemed like a nice pistol and would in my view fire much more accurately if the trigger is improved. Groups are not bad. 2 bullets did not hit the target from 30 M.

Supreme Member
    Faheem, Uzair859, Idrees Taj sahib. Thanks a lot for the comments. :)

Uzair sahib, Baikal and Stoeger results next week. :)

Member Emeritus
    Great work Gilani Sir........

Quote Originally Posted by Gilani
    ... Baikal and Stoeger results next week. :)
    Anxiously waiting for the Stoeger Results !!! :D
    Take care of your gun and your gun will take care of you!

IS ANY pistol remaning???

Gilani bro great work. but i m waiting for review on baikal viking. heard a great deal about its accuracy and want to know on practical grounds like ur work. thnx
    CLEVER MEN MAKE CORRESPONDINGLY BIGGER MISTAKES

Supreme Member
    Ramzani sahib, I don't own a Stoeger at the moment. So have to fire a friends Stoeger which will be available in few days. By the way, I was just discussing with 12guage and Denovo87 that this comparative fire thingy is very addictive and I am in it now. :)

Spaypanther brother, many many are still left. In fact this thread is not for showing firers capability nor the review of a gun (a review includes many other aspects also). It is just to give some practical information about the accuracy of the handguns generally available in the market. So it covers just one aspect of a hand gun, but a very important one.

Hopefully, other members would also post some range results of their handguns. Please do remember to follow the procedure otherwise we will not be able to compare results. Thanks :)