Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ammunition Report for .30 (7.62x25), .357 Mag, .45 ACP & .22

The Winchester 7.62x25/.30 Bore ammo available in the US is actually made in the Czech Republic. It is good ammo, but a bit on the hot side.

Salam to everyone....Can someone please quote recent price of Norinco .30 bore ammo in Karachi?

357 Magnum

Historical Notes :-
    Introduced in 1935 by Smith & Wesson for their heavy-frame revolver. The ammunition was developed by Winchester in co-operation with Smith & Wesson. Major Douglas B. Wesson (of S&W) and Philip B. Sharpe are also credited with much of the final development work. The 357 Magnum is based on the 38 Special case lengthened about 1/10 inch, so it will not chamber in standard 38 Special revolvers. This was the most powerful handgun cartridge in the world until 44 Magnum was introduced in 1955. Colt, Ruger, Taurus and Smith & Wesson manufacture revolvers of various types for this cartridge. There has also been a proliferation of imported single and double-action revolvers and seeral single shot pistols chamber it.

General Comments :-
    Probably the most popular high-velosity handgun cartridge in the United States for police, hunting or target work. It provides about double the elocity and more than three times the energy of the standard 38 Special load. It is noted for its flat trajactory, deep penetration and great knock-down power. It has been used successfully on deer, black bear, elk and even grizzly bear. However, it is not really adequate for these large animals unless used by a good handgun shot. It is also used in repeating and single shot rifles as matched arms to go along with the revolver. In a 20 to 24-inch rifle barrel, the standard factory load will develop about 1650 fps muzzle velocity and special handloads will develop over 2000. It is considered the best all-round handgun hunting cartridge for small and medium game and, under proper conditions, for deer at shot range. During Korean conflict it was found to be very effective against the body armor used by the Communist forces.

45 Automatic or 45 ACP

Historical Notes :-
    Developed by John Browning in 1905 and adopted by the United States Ordinance Department, with the Colt-Browning automatic pistol, in 1911, it has also been made the official military handgun calibre by several other governments., notably Argentina, Mexico and Norway. The 45 Automatic is the most powerful military handgun cartridge in use today. It is also one of the most difficult to master. The Colt Government auto pistol and the Colt and Smith & Wesson Army Model 1917 revolvers are the principal arms chambered for the 45 ACP in the United States. Several Submachine Guns have used it, and about 1943 a number of Reising semi-automatic rifles were marketed in this calibre. Imitations of the Colt auto pistols have been made in Argentina, China, Korea, Norway, Spain and the U.S. It was replaced as of 1985 as the official U.S. military handgun cartridge by the 9mm Parabellum.

General Comments :-
    The 45 ACP has been proven in combat all ove the world as having excellent stopping power. It has also developed into a first-class match cartridge with accuracy equal to the best. It requires a good deal of practice for the average person to develop any degree of skill with this cartridge, particularly when fired in the Colt Government Model Semi-Automatic. It is use far more for target shooting than hunting, its curved trajactory limiting its effective range. Although not a highly popular police calibre, a number of departments have switched from 38 Special to the 45 ACP in the past few years.

Can anybody tell the current price of Serbian JHP 7.62x25 and availability in Lahore market?

Bhai jan,What is the rate of phillpino .357 magnum ammo in Lahore?and which dealer has it?

AOA

What is the price of used .38 specil & 357 revolver in Lahore, Islamabad & Peshawar.
    And in which shops can I bought it.

Thanks and regards

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    I'll let the pictures talk for themselves. I had these loaded in my King Cobra when Taurus came to wake me up a little early in morning at Narowal

Abbas bro good share.
    Please would u let us know the .375, .45 acp, .38 Special cheapest cartradge prices in lahore or any idea.It would be your great help.

Regards.
    Last edited by Ravian; 18-04-2011 at 09:04 PM.

@Ravian,
    Armscor ammo is the cheapest in .357 Magnum and .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    @Ravian,
    Armscor ammo is the cheapest in .357 Magnum and .45 ACP.

price plz???

Please mail me at rehanbobba@hotmail.com
    Thanks

Please inform wether CCI Velocitor 22lr Rounds are available in Karachi, Lucky Star or not? If yes then at what price and/or shop?

good info sir
    It is must for every muslim adult to know how to use basic weapons. If he/she is capable they must have. It is for them and society.

nice sharing
    I've hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted.

plz tell me that from which shop in gujranwala i can bought .22lr bullets as mensioned in the price list 12). .22 Amscor Philippines Rs. 11
    13). .22 Federal Hollow Point Rs. 14
    14). .22 CCI (U.S.A) Rs. 22

Salam sir,
    I would be much obliged if you could kindly tell me wherre in lahore I can get cheap .38[plain] ammo.............The dealer i know of is selling british rounds at 250 rupees a piece...And that is too expensive for me.........I would really appreciate it if you could help me here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    a .30 hollow point wow.. I pity the poor chap who eats one of those..

I wonder if there are any local hollow points doin the `rounds` (bad pun intended)
    .30 Hollow Point????? where??? are they available in Pakistan??? for how much????

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzz View Post
    .30 Hollow Point????? where??? are they available in Pakistan??? for how much????
    Yes its available in Prvi serbian. 65-70/bullet
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Banned
    These are Serbian 7.62 x 25 ( .30 ) Hollow Points. Excellent ammo, I really like them. If you can find them they sell around Rs. 65-70 a bullet. Expansion is great, what more can you want, a Hollow point traveling at over 1700 ft/s !

Btw the same company makes WOLF GOLD ammo and it is almost the same round with slightly lower specs.
    Are these still available in market and if they do then whats the latest price?

Banned
    These are Serbian 7.62 x 25 ( .30 ) Hollow Points. Excellent ammo, I really like them. If you can find them they sell around Rs. 65-70 a bullet. Expansion is great, what more can you want, a Hollow point traveling at over 1700 ft/s !

Btw the same company makes WOLF GOLD ammo and it is almost the same round with slightly lower specs.
    then that means hollow points travel at a much lower speed than normal ones, as the normal 7.62 x 25 ( .30 ) travels at 2700ft/s