Thread: The Ammunition Report for .30 (7.62x25), .357 Mag, .45 ACP & .22

How does normal ammo behave if lit by fire? Bang or fire
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

More like "Pop, Pop, Pop".

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    How does normal ammo behave if lit by fire? Bang or fire
    Many years ago I pulled the projectile for a 22lr. Poured the powder on a tin and lit with a match. Only a bright flash. Example of one.

I think the video is fake.

A mentally ill person might try to "salt" ammo but it would be obvious something is wrong. No way to pull and reseat a soft lead 22rf projectile without causing obvious damage.

On further thought, A mentally ill employee could "salt" the ammo during its manufacture without leaving external signs.
    Last edited by low*dog; 01-07-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Any update on new imported .22LR ammo?
    Winchester,Remington,CCI etc

anyone tried .30 POF Ammo ?
    hows its performance.
    i have 3 boxes of it and plan to buy more.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by low*dog View Post
    Many years ago I pulled the projectile for a 22lr. Poured the powder on a tin and lit with a match. Only a bright flash. Example of one.

I think the video is fake.

A mentally ill person might try to "salt" ammo but it would be obvious something is wrong. No way to pull and reseat a soft lead 22rf projectile without causing obvious damage.

On further thought, A mentally ill employee could "salt" the ammo during its manufacture without leaving external signs.
    I had a visual image of a demented employee quietly salting away 9mm ammo all the while chuckling in glee..
    ( I think I wil stay awa from the range for a few weeks)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    anyone tried .30 POF Ammo ?
    hows its performance.
    i have 3 boxes of it and plan to buy more.
    I have used it about a three hundred rounds over the past few years.Its very good ammo and accurate but expect a jam every box.
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Quote Originally Posted by Nazim Sahib View Post
    I have used it about a three hundred rounds over the past few years.Its very good ammo and accurate but expect a jam every box.
    i have not faced any jam but the round kills the 30 vibe as it's lower velocity compared with SB and china
    I didn't have the chrony but that is what I found through penetration test and judging the recoil
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    i have not faced any jam but the round kills the 30 vibe as it's lower velocity compared with SB and china
    I didn't have the chrony but that is what I found through penetration test and judging the recoil
    lower velocity in .30 is good thing. good for self defence and followup shots
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

I would be greatly indebted if any member was able and willing to send me a fired case* and empty box of POF .30 bore ammo. They would be great additions to my very extensive Tokarev collection. I would also happily send my listing of "All Known Tokarev Cartridges", via email, to any interested members.

*They make beautiful necklaces with holes and a piece of string or thin leather. You can find similar items on ebay.