Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 301 to 310 of 310

Thread: The Ammunition Report for .30 (7.62x25), .357 Mag, .45 ACP & .22

  1. #301
    Expert Member fezan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,512
    How does normal ammo behave if lit by fire? Bang or fire
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

  2. #302
    More like "Pop, Pop, Pop".

  3. #303
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    How does normal ammo behave if lit by fire? Bang or fire
    Many years ago I pulled the projectile for a 22lr. Poured the powder on a tin and lit with a match. Only a bright flash. Example of one.

    I think the video is fake.

    A mentally ill person might try to "salt" ammo but it would be obvious something is wrong. No way to pull and reseat a soft lead 22rf projectile without causing obvious damage.

    On further thought, A mentally ill employee could "salt" the ammo during its manufacture without leaving external signs.
    Last edited by low*dog; 01-07-2015 at 09:52 AM.

  4. #304
    Any update on new imported .22LR ammo?
    Winchester,Remington,CCI etc

  5. #305
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,266
    anyone tried .30 POF Ammo ?
    hows its performance.
    i have 3 boxes of it and plan to buy more.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  6. #306
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,343
    Quote Originally Posted by low*dog View Post
    Many years ago I pulled the projectile for a 22lr. Poured the powder on a tin and lit with a match. Only a bright flash. Example of one.

    I think the video is fake.

    A mentally ill person might try to "salt" ammo but it would be obvious something is wrong. No way to pull and reseat a soft lead 22rf projectile without causing obvious damage.

    On further thought, A mentally ill employee could "salt" the ammo during its manufacture without leaving external signs.
    I had a visual image of a demented employee quietly salting away 9mm ammo all the while chuckling in glee..
    ( I think I wil stay awa from the range for a few weeks)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  7. #307
    Supreme Member Nazim Sahib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    anyone tried .30 POF Ammo ?
    hows its performance.
    i have 3 boxes of it and plan to buy more.
    I have used it about a three hundred rounds over the past few years.Its very good ammo and accurate but expect a jam every box.
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

  8. #308
    Member Extraordinaire shahroze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fod Street
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazim Sahib View Post
    I have used it about a three hundred rounds over the past few years.Its very good ammo and accurate but expect a jam every box.
    i have not faced any jam but the round kills the 30 vibe as it's lower velocity compared with SB and china
    I didn't have the chrony but that is what I found through penetration test and judging the recoil
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

  9. #309
    Expert Member fezan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    i have not faced any jam but the round kills the 30 vibe as it's lower velocity compared with SB and china
    I didn't have the chrony but that is what I found through penetration test and judging the recoil
    lower velocity in .30 is good thing. good for self defence and followup shots
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

  10. #310
    I would be greatly indebted if any member was able and willing to send me a fired case* and empty box of POF .30 bore ammo. They would be great additions to my very extensive Tokarev collection. I would also happily send my listing of "All Known Tokarev Cartridges", via email, to any interested members.

    *They make beautiful necklaces with holes and a piece of string or thin leather. You can find similar items on ebay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •