Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ammunition Report for .30 (7.62x25), .357 Mag, .45 ACP & .22

Blog Entries
    Salams,

Recently we've been discussing TT's and .30 cal, took some pictures for you guys on my last trip to Karachi. Almost all the ammo except PolyTech is locally made / reloaded. Unless you have a locally made TT and don't mind living on the edge, it would be sensible to avoid all of these below.

Most of it sells for around Rs. 12 to Rs. 15, Chinese which is about average and usable is around Rs. 20.

Blog Entries
    If you have a Rolex it helps ;)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    Ive used quite many of these in my chinese tt and they worked pretty fine. No issue with jams or misfires. There is another local brand which was quite similar called Goodluck. The name is some what like a warning too but ive used them and have had no issues.

LOL @ the local manufacturer called "Goodluck" :lol: :lol: :lol: Best thing i've read all day!
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

Blog Entries
    These are Serbian 7.62 x 25 ( .30 ) Hollow Points. Excellent ammo, I really like them. If you can find them they sell around Rs. 65-70 a bullet. Expansion is great, what more can you want, a Hollow point traveling at over 1700 ft/s !

Btw the same company makes WOLF GOLD ammo and it is almost the same round with slightly lower specs.

Blog Entries
    This thread is for all reviews of .45 ACP ammo, .357 Magnum and .38 Special.

Blog Entries
    This thread is for reviews of all makes of .22 LR.

Thanks guys , gr8 service to others. Thumbs up

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    a .30 hollow point wow.. I pity the poor chap who eats one of those..

I wonder if there are any local hollow points doin the `rounds` (bad pun intended)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    informative...good work

Blog Entries
    Today Skeeter sahib being the professional shooter he is was at the range with his chronograph testing various .357 hand loads and Armscor ammo as well. The results were quite interesting. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Fabulous Python Btw :)

Member Extraordinaire
    lovely to see a python . i have fired amscor .357 mag quite good cartridge.

A article from Shooting times .
    A choice of six
    I chose six of the most popular .22LR rimfire subsonic ammunition available: Eley, Winchester, Remington, CCI, RWS and Lapua.

First was the Eley Subs Xtra Plus, which has a newer, lighter wax lubricant covering. The bullet weighs 40.2 grains of hollowpoint design. This is intended to give superior stopping power. Its actual weight was 40.61 grains and it produced a velocity of 1,032fps and 95.1ft/lb.

Next I tested the Winchester subsonic hollowpoints, which weighed a measured 40.3 grains and gave a 1,065fps and 101.5ft/lb. There is a slight lubricant on the surface and the biggest hollowpoint cavity of all the bullets tested.

The Remington is a relative newcomer in the subsonic rankings, weighing in at 38.7 grains, and is almost a clone of the Eley, except it is shorter and it has three lubricant bands rather than two. The velocity and energy figures over the chronograph were 1,029fps and 91ft/lb.

The CCI ammunition has a measured 39.8 grains lead hollowpoint small cavity bullet, very different from the old hollowpoint copper washed bullet. The newer variety was fast for a subsonic at 1,077fps with 102.5ft/lb over the chronograph because it has a lighter bullet.

The slowest velocity ammunition tested was the 40.3-grain RWS bullet with an average velocity of 991fps and an energy figure of 87.9ft/lb. This had a very thick wax coating and nice hollowpoint design of relatively soft lead when compared with the other bullet types.

The Lapua bullet has a good pedigree from the target circuit and its subsonic .22LR shot a consistent 1,071fps with resulting 101.4ft/lb energy from the 39.8-grain bullet.

The penetration test was very interesting. When performing this test, I questioned what I wanted from a subsonic round. Their primary use is to despatch game such as rabbits as humanely as possible, but still produce good exterior ballistics such as flat trajectory, accuracy and stopping power.

At the same time, I do not wish for over-penetration or carry over, where the bullet's killing power is lost. I always look for an accurate, consistent bullet that expands and has maximum stoppage within the quarry if possible.

Blog Entries
    This is the most common .30 ammo in the market. It is Chinese made, costs around Rs. 22 in Karachi and Rs. 26 in Lahore. Performs okay, quantity of gunpowder is uniform. Casing is rather cheap but functional, the bronze color will wear off on your pistol and magazine, but not an issue, easily cleans off.

Blog Entries
    I'll let the pictures talk for themselves. I had these loaded in my King Cobra when Taurus came to wake me up a little early in morning at Narowal :cool:

Blog Entries
    Actually I came to wake you up earlier than Taurus but after seeing Cobra loaded with this venum I didnot dare to :)
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Member Extraordinaire
    serbian rounds are very good. i have used them in .45 . liked them better than amscor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    Actually I came to wake you up earlier than Taurus but after seeing Cobra loaded with this venum I didnot dare to :)
    Lol, long time we haven't spoken Denovo, I'm a little under the weather these days but I'll call you soon InshAllah.

.22lr USAGE

Today, .22 LR is mainly being used for hunting small pests, for sports shooting, for plinking, and for inexpensive training. The .22 LR is the choice for several ISSF shooting events: 50 metre rifle three positions, 50 metre rifle prone, 50 metre pistol, 25 metre pistol, 25 metre rapid fire pistol and 25 metre standard pistol; Bullseye, plus divisions of metallic silhouette and pin shooting, most high school, collegiate, Boy Scouts of America, Air Training Corps, Australian Army Cadets and 4H shooting events, and many others. Good quality .22 LR ammunition can be quite accurate. Its main advantages are low cost, low recoil, low noise and high accuracy-to-cost ratio. Its main disadvantage is its low power; it is better suited for use on small game and other small animals;[10] as a defensive cartridge, it is considered inadequate, though the small size allows very lightweight, easily concealable handguns which can be carried in circumstances where anything larger would be impractical. Despite their limitations, .22 LR pistols and rifles can be lethal and are often used for self defense simply because they are prevalent, inexpensive, and widely available to civilians.
    Semi-automatic rifles firing .22 LR cartridges often will work properly only when firing standard or high velocity .22 LR ammunition; subsonic rounds will often not cycle their actions properly. Bolt-action or lever-action rifles, however, can utilize any of the variants (high velocity to subsonic).
    The tiny case of the .22 LR and the subsonic velocities (when using subsonic ammunition) make it well suited for use with a firearm suppressor (also known as silencers or sound moderators). The low volume of powder gases means that .22 LR suppressors are often no larger than a bull barrel; the Ruger 10/22 and Ruger MK II are common choices, because of their reliability and low cost, and the resulting product is often nearly indistinguishable from a bull barrel model (although weighing far less). Where firearm suppressors are only minimally restricted, a .22 LR firearm with a suppressor is often favored for plinking, as it does not require hearing protection or disturb the neighbors. Local government agencies sometimes use suppressed .22 LR weapons for animal control, since dangerous animals or pests can be dispatched in populated areas without causing undue alarm.
    The .22 LR has also seen limited usage by police and military snipers. Its main advantage in this role is its low noise, but it is usually limited to urban operations because of its short range.[11][12]
    The Israeli military used a suppressed .22 LR rifle in the 1990s for riot control and to "eliminate disturbing dogs prior to operations," though it is now used less often as it has been shown to be more lethal than previously suspected.[11] Some other examples include the use of suppressed High Standard HDM pistols by the American OSS, which was the predecessor organization of the CIA.[9]. Francis Gary Powers was issued a suppressed High Standard for the flight in which he was shot down. Suppressed Ruger MK II pistols are in current use by the US Navy SEALs.

Great collection dear brother..

Can any one tell me where to find these hollow point in Peshawar....?