Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ammunition Report for 9mm

Blog Entries
    Let me start of this thread with a comparison I did today for the commonly available Chinese and Russian ammo in the markets these days. This little review is testing for FTF/FTE issues more than anything else. High accuracy was a secondary concern as I did not have the time for a bench rest nor do I consider myself a good enough shooter to have consistent small groups required for ammo testing.

Weapon used for testing was: Canik 55 Piranha

The ammo tested today was all 9mm, four popular/common brands were tested.

1). Chinese RED Box made by China North Industries Corp. Load "Not Given", Marked "311" and "07".

2). Russian White Box made by TULA Cartridge Works or "TCW". Load "115 Grain", Marked "WOLF"

3). Chinese White Box made by Poly Technologies Inc. Load "Not Given", Marked "9mm" and "2008"

4). Chinese Blue Box made by "Not Given". Load "Note Given", Marked "9mm" and "2008"

Rapid fire 15 rounds each at (2 rounds per sec)

Ammo and Canik more than half way though

Fired at the speed of 1 round per 2 secs.

I'm happy to report that although I tried a few things like limp wrist, loose grip and rapid fire to cause FTE's or FTF's there were none. I was also expecting that after firing 200 rounds the pistol would become messy enough to have issues itself. There were none, the whole session of 250 rounds + went smooth.

Ammo report:

I liked the Russian ammo the most, followed by the PolyTech. It made for good accurate firing with a medium kick. Red box ammo seemed more like a +p load and there was also more smoke after firing each shot.

The Poly Tech and the Blue Box Chinese are pretty much the same ammo only with different boxes.

Given a choice in this price range (Rs. 28-35) I would take Wolf over anything else.

Blog Entries
    Pictures of the Red Box Ammo:

Bought from Karachi at the Price of Rs. 30 per. Comes in a case of 2250.

Pasted on the inside of the carton. Will provide all the info you need to know about red box ammo.

@ Abbas, Excellent shooting, and it will be informative if you can also include the distance and indoor/outdoor.
    The Worst Weakness of Human Being is \"Fear to Loose\", won\'t let One Try and won\'t let One Grow.
    BRAVE is Not the One Who Donít Fear but the One Who Fear and Still Try.

Blog Entries
    Very informative detailed review Abbas thanks for taking time for test & write up.
    Since re-filled POF or Chinese ammo is also been reported on the shelves these days, can you please (or any other member) do a comparative report/review with pictures & tips to check the ammo before making a purchase? most of the shopkeepers try to sell a conterfeit as original and in small places like Sialkot even shpkeepers dont know what exactly they are selling, so we must know what a conterfeit looks like for the safetly of our own self & the firearm.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    @A.Abbas and Denovo87. Thanks, the distance was 10m and 15m. InshAllah in this thread I'll try to add many types of ammo. I suggest everyone share their experiences to make this thread as comprehensive a guide to ammunition available in Pakistan as possible.

Blog Entries
    Almost forgot, here are the cheap copies of POF 9mm.

Btw there are better copies out there as well, I don't have any right now, if anyone has a couple in hand please post.

Blog Entries
    And these are the ones I dared to try in my 24/7 OSS, tried total of 14 rounds 2 of them totally refused to go off, about 4 of them didnot eject and 3 of them didnot seat properly/fully in the chamber had to kick the slide to push them fully in,

Conclusion: dont put these in the gun you love :)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    And these are the ones I dared to try in my 24/7 OSS, tried total of 14 rounds 2 of them totally refused to go off, about 4 of them didnot eject and 3 of them didnot seat properly/fully in the chamber had to kick the slide to push them fully in,

:rolleyes: I would suggest dont even put them in the guns you hate :lol:

A very informative thread. Thanks for the effort Abbas sahib :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilani
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87

:rolleyes: I would suggest dont even put them in the guns you hate :lol:
    Thats right, statement modified "unless you hate the both, shooter & gun" :lol:

Guys I have a collection of different 9mm rounds thought to share and review it here with you guys ...I have tested 8 of this ammo except the Hp and JHP and found the results very different in each round the best i loved is
    I have rated Winchester 9mm as the best then ,russian tula 9mm ,third i found sellor bellot and then pof 9mm in all of these 8.
    These Results are according to Accuracy,Reliablity & Recoil they are best for both Range and SD or HD as well
    These Ammo were tested on my Stoeger Cougar 8000

Well the ammo i have tested are
    1)Winchester 2) Sellor Bellot 3) POF MK1 4) Chinese White Box 5) American Eagle 6) Russian Tula 7)LAPUA Norway 8) Parvi Partizan Serbian
    Here are some of the pics of Different 9mm Rounds and the primer

From Left to Right :- Tula Russian,Chinese ,POF ,LAPUA Norway,Sellor Bellot,Winchester, American Eagle,Serbian, Magtech HP and Serbian JHP

LAPUA Norweigan

JHP Serbian

American Eagle

Winchester

Sellor & Bellot

FMJ Serbian

Chinese 9mm white and blue box this is the best chinese round i have ever found it is better than both red and white box

HP Magtech

Tula Russian

POF

Thank you Taurus now i will add more Russians to my stock :)
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Blog Entries
    Great pictures Taurus, good varitey of 9mm's you got there. I have not come across Winchester 9mm's here in Lahore. How much do they cost and what does the packing look like ?

Btw I did a test of almost all the Russian rounds availble in the market the other day but forgot to take pictures. I think Slayer, Starfish or Anthrax should have all 5 variety of Russian rounds lying around. If any of you do, please post pictures. The best undoubtedly are Tula made Russian marked "Wolf".

Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Khan
    Thank you Taurus now i will add more Russians to my stock :)
    @Ka_Khan I hope we're still talking about ammo ;) I hear you're fond of 'magnums' :D

@Taurus... A very nice post with some great close ups :) BTW which camera did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus

Winchester
    @ Chief... this actually is the 9mm Winchester round meant for the NATO forces. The price used to be Rs.50-55/- per
    round few months back. But now it's around Rs.60-70/-

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    ...@Ka_Khan I hope we're still talking about ammo ;) I hear you're fond of 'magnums' :D
    :lol: :lol: Chief you are right to some extent. Depending on the right caliber, magnums are more fun ;)

Al Chief............;) i got these rounds for 110 a piece of winchester
    well i'll write the prices of these rounds
    1) Winchester @ 110 Rs a piece
    2) Russian Tula @ 35 a piece
    3) Chinese 9mm @ 30 a piece
    4) American Eagle @ 85 a piece
    5) Sellor bellot @ 90 a piece
    6) LAPUA @ 70 a piece
    7) POF @ 35 a piece
    8) Serbian FMJ @ 80 a piece
    9) Serbian JHP @ 100 a piece
    10) Magtech Hp @ 85 a piece
    All these prices are of karachi and may vary as i have bought these rounds 2 months back
    @ka_ khan:- I know u r very Fond of Ammo but would love to know the magnum story :P
    @ Ilyas :- These rounds are very rare to be found in karachi i got these rounds from DAAD well the camera is 8.1 Megapixel Sony T series T100 as i know there is T7 the latest one

Blog Entries
    @Taurus............Excellent collection bro, beautifully portrayed. I like your box of 100's in transparent color. I got a similar one but in green. Where did you find this plz?

@Abbas/Ilyas...........I found these by Winchester a few months back in Peshawar. Packing was simple "beige" carton, rounds really looked good, price quoted was 85/per round.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Al Chief............;) i got these rounds for 110 a piece of winchester
    well i'll write the prices of these rounds
    1) Winchester @ 110 Rs a piece
    2) Russian Tula @ 35 a piece
    3) Chinese 9mm @ 30 a piece
    4) American Eagle @ 85 a piece
    5) Sellor bellot @ 90 a piece
    6) LAPUA @ 70 a piece
    7) POF @ 35 a piece
    8) Serbian FMJ @ 80 a piece
    9) Serbian JHP @ 100 a piece
    10) Magtech Hp @ 85 a piece
    All these prices are of karachi and may vary as i have bought these rounds 2 months back
    @ka_ khan:- I know u r very Fond of Ammo but would love to know the magnum story :P
    @ Ilyas :- These rounds are very rare to be found in karachi i got these rounds from DAAD well the camera is 8.1 Megapixel Sony T series T100 as i know there is T7 the latest one

DEAR THANX FOR SHARING RATE, BUT WHERE IS THE PRICE OF hollow point 9mm.
    kindly letus know the price of 9mm hollow point as soon as you could.
    ***************** Syed Rehmat ************

I have reloading press and dyes but I do not know if I can bring it to Pakistan and whether the powder, casing and primers will be available in our country? What is your response?

Quote Originally Posted by psychiatrist-1
    I have reloading press and dyes but I do not know if I can bring it to Pakistan and whether the powder, casing and primers will be available in our country? What is your response?

Brother is hard to find these reloading materials here in Pakistan and result is reloading ammo would cost you more/equal. In USA its fine to reload your ammo but not here. First you wouldn't find quality reloading material and If found that would be to much expensive ... That's what I know ....

regards,
    \"GUNS only canít assure you a victory until seized by the brave hearts\"

Quote Originally Posted by psychiatrist-1
    Sir i suggest you contact sir Skeeter60, maybe through Abbas bhaee or other Lahore members. I think he'll be able to guide you in this regard, because, if I'm not wrong, he himself is into reloading.
    "Godfather, I don't know what to do...!!",
    "You can act like a man."

Dear Bro Ay_why and lionheart:
    Thanks for your rsponse. You mean it is not practical. So, I do n't need further information. I trust your opinion.
    it is sad and disapionting that we have the resources and the skills, yet we are not free to use it. we are sincere and law abiding organization, yet we are restrainted and those who are professional crimnals .........................they get what they want! It is sad ...sad....story.