Thread: Review: CBC Single Barrel Shotgun (Brazil)

Review: CBC Single Barrel Shotgun (Brazil)

Here comes a forgotten beauty right out of the box. yes it is a break barrel single barrel 12 gauge made in Brazil by CBC with a 3 inch chamber, 32" Barrel. The great thing about this single barrel is that doesn't feels a single barrel. the barrel release is located near the trigger guard. the gun is an external hammer. But this is the softest ever external hammer that i have seen so far. the mechanism of the external hammer is not that of the traditional single barrels. usually one has to pull back the hammer in order to load the gun but for this gun you need to push it down. the other safety feature for this gun is that if u accidentally release the hammer before loading it the gun wont fire as the hammer doesn't hits the fire pin unless the trigger is pressed. the butt stock finish is really great. the fore grip is also a master piece. though it has a barrel of 32 inch but it never seems too long. the gun is designed in a XL category, meaning that when the barrel is 32" the size of the butt stock and the size of fore grip is designed to match that of the barrel. nothing looks ugly on this gun. for a price tag of Rs 17,000 its not a bad deal at all. though of of fashion but it is out class gun. the trigger, trigger guard and the barrel opener are all made of plastic. the quality of the plastic is good. the gun barrel is has a slight reddish finish. above all the gun is proof house tested. the ejector is not at all a problem in fact it is a pleasure. if one has his hand well settled with the gun then the bird never gets away from you. The fore grip has a spring lock that can be removed by simply pulling it. the recoil is average and the gun is quite lighter.

Hunting keeps your brains in your head and your heart where it belongs to.

-Ernest Hemingway

Anaglyphical Sir .. you bought it NIB, and recently? If yes, then from where .. i would also like to have one like this .. i have been searching for a good single barrel under 20k for long.
    this sure is a nice piece
    Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout \"Bang!\"

@privateeye: sir i bought it grease packed though the model is old but u know the demand for single barrels is on the low. i bought it from hyderabad. if you wish to buy one i can help you out with that.
    Hunting keeps your brains in your head and your heart where it belongs to.

-Ernest Hemingway

Thank you so much sir.
    Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout \"Bang!\"

@PrivateEye

If you are interested in Single Barrels. Do check Pioneer Arms Lucky Star shop. They had a Single Barrel external hammer by Harlington & Richardson ( H&R 1871 ) USA. He was asking 23K
    3-4 months before. It was completely in Black with Fiber Stock and it was very very light.

The Gun was This
    http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/topper.asp

Third one from the top Topper Deluxe

Nice share. But I'm wondering what is the utility of a single barrel?
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." (General Douglas MacArthur)

Thank You Mig
    Highly appreciate your help Sir. Will visit Pioneer soon :)

A.S.A, Very nice Anagal, Really it is a classical gun, Light weigh and in less budget its cool . thanks for sharing. Allah-Hafiz
    A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart and wins with his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap1
    Nice share. But I'm wondering what is the utility of a single barrel?
    I think the best thing we can get from a Single Barrel is its Light Weight.

See this Video. Trap Shooting Champion Nora Ross. Using a Single Barrel Shotgun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mW6wE_R78

Its nice. I am also using this. See the link.

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2557