Thread: How to tell if ammo is a reload??

can any one tell me how can one tell if a 9mm ammo(pof or chineese) is a reloaded one

Expert Member
    you cant notice the obivious difference "AJ KAL NAKAL ASAL SE ACHI FINISH MEIN TOI HAI" the only diff is when you will fire a round at the muzzle flash sparks obnoxiously
    Arms & Arms, Brothers in Arms.

Fired a few shots check the smoke and carbon.if it is smoke less then ammo is original.Also check the shells if it is berdan or boxer primed.Berdan primed ammo is not re-loadable.Pof and chines 2008 are boxer primed.
    "Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians"

salaams to all

the reload ammo has more ware and tare on the shell ..... yes the naqal is really good but the shell tells u the whole story .......
    check out the scratchs on the shell :);)

Blog Entries
    Just try to foil the projectile, if with little foiling you see copper colour removed showing lead or steel then it surely is dara reload as they are using some copper plating instead of proper copper jacket. I tried this method today and it worked :)
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

@denovo
    bro do u mean "FILE" the projectile...if yes then using what???

and by projectile u mean the actual bullet minus the shell???
    kindly clarify...really appreciate it bro

Blog Entries
    I mean FOIL PAPER "ragemall" and projectile is the solid peice infront of the bullet which hit the target passing through the barrel :)
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

you can simply check it by magnet if it stick to the projectile its reloaded

salaams to all
    denovo bhai its a right way as well but what if the projectile is a jacketed one .. like some companies r using ..not from darra.. actually the casing tells the story as the shell gets two hammerings one from the ejecting pin and the other from the shell catcher ... when shooting the shell takes these hammerings and the rim of the shell tells the story if it has been ejected by the force of the recoil spring before or not ....
    in my opnion the shell tells the story of being a reload or a fresh cartridge.

check the base of ctg if u see a swollen ring near the base it is reloaded even good finishing cannot remove it

i think i need not to explain how this ring is formed

furthermore there will be price difference
    Aastana e Aaliya Khurmia Shareef
    Adyala Road, Rawalpindi
    almaroof Totaiyaan Wali Sarkar

Check if the batch number is consistent. For instance, if you buy 50 rounds, all the batch numbers should be consistent. I bought some reloads previously and their batch numbers were all over the place. From 1999 to 2008.
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.