Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ammunition Report for 12 Gauge (ShotGuns)

Blog Entries
    Salams,

This thread is for a short review of all the 12 Guage ammo that you've used along with a picture if possible. I recommend a simple format like:

Ammo Make:
    Ammo Cost:
    Gun Used in:

This will help other users make up their mind and be able to share their experiences in different weapons in different environments.

I request that Ammo Pictures be posted and it's quite important that the user fired them himself. Also info on other misc ammo that one comes across is appreciated.

What I do is whenever I visit an arms shop and see something interesting I take out my phone camera and take a few snaps to share with you all.

Blog Entries
    Review of Locally made SunShine No: 8.

I would always prefer to test local ammo over anything imported where available. If anything locally made is half good we will promote it.

Yesterday we tested SunShine No#8 available for around Rs. 600 / box in a Winchester Defender 1300 and a Remy 870. The common complaints were bad primers resulting in failure to fire's and in some cases the shells would get stuck in the barrel after firing. Reviews from all who have fired this cartridge in a semi have been negative so we did not try it in one. The dealer himself asked me to buy this only if I wanted to fire in a pump action or at the most a double barrel.

Here are both tests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho88RGKEEgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmxDX...eature=channel

Conclusion:

Do not use this ammo, it can cause your barrel to explode.

The only issue I personally had with it is the slight variation in gunpowder quantity from cartridge to cartridge. There is a about 20 % variation, some have more, some less but on the upside they are more or less the standard # 8 load which is good. The pellets are fine, decently well even.

For semi auto's and double barrels not recommended.

Rs. 600 is a little bit on the higher side for this ammo and that was mostly due to the shortage in the market in the past. Ideal price should Rs. 450 and the manufacture should actually market this product with better packing instead of trying to copy Shaheen.

More details and a discussion about SunShine can be found here:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2187

Blog Entries
    Pattern of SunShine # 8 at 20 M.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    Sunshine company guyz should put this snap on their ammo boxes.

The ex-factory rate for Shaheen shells is now Rs 650 for regular loads and much higher for super loads .... So Rs. 600 retail price is pretty ok but only if the quality is acceptable , and from the looks of things these shells are not up to the required standard (read shaheen standard) ... :(

@Abbas
    nice to c u ABBAS BHAI. Is this u na???

Blog Entries
    @SA Sure I won't mind as long as they give me 1000 cartridges in terms of Royalty fee ;)

@Aamar These cartridges are not Shaheen standard, much lower infact. I only think these are worth it at under Rs. 500 / box.

@Rameez Yes it's me. Hope to see you soon as well InshAllah.

@SA Sure I won't mind as long as they give me 1000 cartridges in terms of Royalty fee ;)
    Err, make that 2000 cartridges, Abbas bhai. The photographer also deserves some royalty cheques, I mean boxes. :D
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

Nice photography Anthrax.

Review of Locally made SunShine No: 8.

Rs. 600 is a little bit on the higher side for this ammo and that was mostly due to the shortage in the market in the past. Ideal price should Rs. 450 and the manufacture should actually market this product with better packing instead of trying to copy Shaheen.

More details and a discussion about SunShine can be found here:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2187
    It even rhymes with shaheen :) So much for originality..
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Excellent work Abbas, thanks appreciate your efforts.

Some months back i had purchased local made ELEY #4 @Rs.600/box and Shaheen #4 @Rs.900/box from Lucky Star Saddar. i dont have any pics, but main difference between ammo was that there was 50% FTE in ELEY, while no problems at all (no FTF/FTE) in Shaheen. Both had same shot load. Gun used was mossy 590 20" barrel. there was some fouling in barrel but couldn't tell which brand was responsible as i had used them alternatively in same session.

The fouling must have been caused by the local eley shells, they are known to do that :P

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I would not recommend it even for pumps. tried it in one. it not only failed to fire. but jammed the pump as well
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Latest news on Sunshine is that they are absolute crap and causing barrels to explode or bean. Updated verdict to AVOID at all costs.

what is the expire of shaheen cartridges
    i have some 20 years old 4# box are the good to fire
    Always Believe in GOD............. Because......... There are some Questions in Grave That can not be Answerd by GOOGLE.

Blog Entries
    There is no such expiry, 20 year old Shaheen shells (if they were not stored in a damp place) will fire without missing.

We all routunly fire shells 30/40 years old. The oldest shotgun shell I fired was about 70 years old and the whole box fired without a miss, although though it was quite messy.

Latest news on Sunshine is that they are absolute crap and causing barrels to explode or bean. Updated verdict to AVOID at all costs.
    abbas bhai
    and what about turkish ammo
    is it good and what is the cost of a shell, do u have any idea?
    ***************** Syed Rehmat ************

Any feedback report on Shaheen's quality and prices.

Banned
    During Last 1-1/2 year we damaged 4 guns using SUNSHINE cartridges. 2 on the same day........... 2 Winchester waterfowl (Pump Actions), 1 Spanish and 1 Baikal last month............... Please get refrain from using Sufi SUNSHINE ........................... My Winchester Pump Action damaged last year when we were taking quails and it exploded in my Chamber. This gun is very tough and luckily I it damaged its mechanism and barrel kept safe, same happened with other a month later. I stopped and gifted remaining boxes to my brother who fully damaged Spanish Dbbl (Its Barrel) go off. Last month another friend also wasted his Baikal . Please avoid them totally ..