Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies besides Pakguns

Supreme Member
    Yes, I do. For those who are wondering, in Canada, PAL means Possession and Acquisition License. There are also a Restricted, Prohibited, and Possession only categories.
    I'd rather not post my entire collection, but there are pics of a few things I own throughout the forum. What about you CZ?

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    Yes, I do. For those who are wondering, in Canada, PAL means Possession and Acquisition License. There are also a Restricted, Prohibited, and Possession only categories.
    I'd rather not post my entire collection, but there are pics of a few things I own throughout the forum. What about you CZ?
    You had to ask...Darn.
    Dont have any guns at all, nor do i have a licence. But i do plan to obtain a RPAL next time i visit the land of ice and snow.

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    I remember this all during the amnesty in 2002. All this came about due to the ongoing fighting in CA by the motorcycle gangs there in Quebec. Everywhere it seems to be the same. Bad guys cause the problems and everyone gets a restriction on their rights/provisions. Same happened during the prohibition, the mafia back then could afford the Tommies which they used ruthlessly against the public and each other. The US government placed a 200usd tax stamp on all full auto purchases back then... a hefty sum except for the criminal elements.
    As for the hobby stuff, we have our resident expert on RC... Rotocraft.
    I started out on the Tamiyas back in '77. My first car I ever put together was the Tamiya Cheetah. The radios I used and still believe in are Futabas. I bought several other cars (some are collectors now).... Blackfoot, Clod Buster, FX10 (by Futaba), Team Associated RC10, Losi truck, HPI on road nitro, Yokomo YZ10... Can't remember what else. In the EARLY part of '90s I got into helicopters and bought a Hirobo Shuttle ZX.... Its a great but expensive hobby. I remember tricking them toys out with Novak speed controllers, custom motors with extreme rpms, the battery packs (SCR, And the SCE packs), oil shocks, and graphite chassis, custom gears and pinions.... lolz. Even have a trophy from one of the races. More recently I got the bug again and bought two SkyArctec Sky Fun Jets... Sadly after Rotocraft saw them sitting in my home having NEVER even flown them and catching dust - he bought them back from me...
    Last edited by Moeen; 23-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Nice hobbies you have all............
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Supreme Member
    Moe, you spent time in Canada?

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Sand View Post
    Any members here play chess?

Someone? Anyone?

(No-one? )

Me too, I also try to wrap my car at spare time with car wrapping tools

Rookie
    it shows your real enthusiasm

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    These days i drink a couple of mugs of tea.. every working day.. does that count?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    These days i drink a couple of mugs of tea.. every working day.. does that count?
    why not. just drinking is your hobby or you like to make some too ?
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Expert Member
    this plus some black cofees & 1 pack of Dun Hill Light.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    I make my own coffee even in office, no T boy can make it to my taste & liking. Do it on weekends as well.

Dont make the stuff.. just slurp it down (sometimes with aloo Samosas)
    It is yummy it is...
    Apart from that. I am a bibliophile
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Dont make the stuff.. just slurp it down (sometimes with aloo Samosas)
    It is yummy it is...
    Apart from that. I am a bibliophile
    That makes you a consumer oriented hobbyist i am good or i think i am good in mechanical stuff. i work on my old car and try to make it a better Machine.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    this plus some black cofees & 1 pack of Dun Hill Light.
    caffeine and nicotine, tar and God knows what you intake at one go.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

That makes you a consumer oriented hobbyist i am good or i think i am good in mechanical stuff. i work on my old car and try to make it a better Machine.
    Oh wow.. That means u are a mechanic as well!

Expert Member
    I like to work on cars & bikes as well, Always have one as a project, Built & Sold many, now a days working on a Suzuki Jimny & a trial bike of 650 CC.

Ah!

Right now I am trying to find a potohar or something similair that I would work on.. But since I cant differentiate b/w my throttle body or my carburator, i dont know how htat would work out..

there was a time when I used to take my trusty Sentro all over Pakistan. From Karachi to Peshawar.. and many cities in b/w.. Met a lot of Pak gunners that way.. Till she broke down on the highway.. repeatedly.

Will start dooing so again. Once i find a jeep i can trust..

Ah!

Right now I am trying to find a potohar or something similair that I would work on.. But since I cant differentiate b/w my throttle body or my carburator, i dont know how htat would work out..

there was a time when I used to take my trusty Sentro all over Pakistan. From Karachi to Peshawar.. and many cities in b/w.. Met a lot of Pak gunners that way.. Till she broke down on the highway.. repeatedly.

Will start doing so again. Once i find a jeep i can trust..
    try to find a 1995+ toyota indus or over year 2000 honda civic. civic parts are cheap now day. Gen-7(2001-2005) specially. and make some good part dealer friends in Kabaari bazar for old parts and new parts dealer friends also.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Expert Member
    Ah!

Will start dooing so again. Once i find a jeep i can trust..
    I recently bought a 96 Pothohar Khi registered for 250 with 2c diesel engine, Now collecting parts for building a Jemini out of it.

try to find a 1995+ toyota indus or over year 2000 honda civic. civic parts are cheap now day. Gen-7(2001-2005) specially. and make some good part dealer friends in Kabaari bazar for old parts and new parts dealer friends also.
    I did.. Bought a VTI prosmetic orial 2003 model.. And loved it. But alas one fine day I saw a bullet hole in her sun roof.. Trying to get a replacement since then..