Thread: New to forum pls advice urgent: Baikal MP-153 Shotgun

New to forum pls advice urgent: Baikal MP-153 Shotgun

Assalam-u-Alaikum to all members of pakgun forum, I am from chichawatni, i have not any information about a pakistani gun forum, i always visited shotgunworld forum, but now i think our pakistani forum is the best,
    i have bought a Baikal o/u last year, with fixed chokes (m&f), i usually hunt rabbits in nearby jungle, before baikal i had a local made o/u with fc barrels, and believe me that i had 9/10 hitting,
    i had have only 2 hunting trips with my Baikal o/u, and hitted 4 rabbits with it, but some of my hunter friend which is very experienced hunter said that for bird hunting especially for partridges, (m&f) choked barrels are not suitable, also i want a gun with which i can get 2 advantages,
    self defence, all kind of hunting
    so today i contact a arms dealer in sahiwal to sell my o/u and buy a new Baikal mp153 with chokes, so he agreed to take my o/u in 40k and will give me mp153 in 52k,
    although he 1st demanded 55k for the mp153 but due to some safarish he reduced the price,
    so pls tell me kia ye sahi faisla hay ke maray thinking ke according mujhay mp153 le laine chahiay, and is it sufficient for all kind of hunting.
    thanks,
    Dr.Sajid

baikal mp153 is a work horse and i think your decision is really good.
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Welcome Dr Sajid to the forum. I think Baikal mp 153 is a very durable & reliable. Regarding for all kind of hunting i think senior member will help u.
    A man\'s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Wellcome Dr Sahib.You could find much about the MP 153 using the search option.Our members have very good reviews about it.
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Dr.Sajid Welcome to Forum and Your decision is very good to buy a Baikal MP 153..I am sure you will be proud on it after using this gun....it comes with 3 External Chokes so you can modify your gun choke according to the nature of your hunt..so it works in almost all of the hunting situation....And i think u probably contacted with Rana Shabbir Brothers,,
    Best of Luck for For Your Purchase.....

AOA..

Welcome Dr Sajid sb... u take a good decision to take Baikal MP153 . some of PG experts assist u.
    Failure Is Not An Option !!!

welcom Dr. Sahib. i think your gun is going with better rate, otherwise here in Khi they would start it from 30 or so.

baikal is a horse as said by one of the members, dont think and go for it. but try to make it close to 50k.

regards
    \"God, Family & Guns: Plenty to be thankful for !\"

(if you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem)

thank you very much all members,
    I have contacted Hasan Collection sahiwal, under reference of a friend.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    @Dr.Sajid, welcome at the forum. Your choice for the Baikal semi auto is not bad, but, hunting with semiauto guns is prohibited. So, you can't hunt with a semiauto without breaking law of the land. I will recomend you to buy another O/U with changeable chokes(this will make your gun worstile), if you are a regular hunter.
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

Wellcome Dr. Sajid

You could find much about the MP 153 using the search option.

Our members have very good reviews about it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanJamshad
    @Dr.Sajid, welcome at the forum. Your choice for the Baikal semi auto is not bad, but, hunting with semiauto guns is prohibited. So, you can't hunt with a semiauto without breaking law of the land. I will recomend you to buy another O/U with changeable chokes(this will make your gun worstile), if you are a regular hunter.
    I am surprised, really, is there such a law? Is it enforced?
    It is the Nut behind the bolt that matters.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Yes Gatling brother there is a law and as usual it is enforced on common citizens of Pakistan.
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

I am not aware of a law but I,ve always hunted with Dbbl as an ethic. Dr Sahib, I have used Baikal O/U since many years or let me put it almost a decade and found it an extremely reliable weapon. I do not support your decision of going for an auto gun for hunting and SD (2 in 1). Jack of all trade masters none. I suggest you to keep this O/U for hunting purpose while buy an auto for SD. The auto which is meant for SD like DSA or other Turkish auto which will be available at adding 15-20K more than what are adding to buy an auto for both purposes. Decision remains yours. :) Happy Buy, what ever you buy.
    Height of a man is not gauged by the feet he puts on but by the magnitude of problem which bothers him

Malik bhai thank you very much for a very good advice.