Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NATO FIVE SEVEN HaNDGUN

Blog Entries
    Watch this beauty: NATO FIVE SEVEN. Ammunition: 5.7X28mm, thus pretty sharper than a TT round, a bit longer. Weight of round: about 40gr's. MUZZLE VELOCITY: Around 2000 fps! standard magazine: 10/20 rounds. Also available in 30 rounds. The bullet has a very high velocity and also very flat trajectory.

Can't somehow help "visualizing" in slow motion this sharp-nosed, high speed moving projectile travelling at 2000 fps and approaching towards the center of a BG forehead! Can you visualize the post-fire scenario?

My 5 years old son this morning dropped the cartoons and leaned over to me when I was watching this picture on my P.C and very rightly observed:"Baba, this Goli looks like your russian ones! Indeed, it's kind of a AK-74 round, just a bit shorter, a bit thicker!

Availability here however will be NIL, just thought I should share it with you:

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    My 5 years old son this morning dropped the cartoons and leaned over to me when I was watching this picture on my P.C and very rightly observed:"Baba, this Goli looks like your russian ones! Indeed, it's kind of a AK-74 round, just a bit shorter, a bit thicker!
    Mashallah, you son's had an early head start under guidance from an expert. :)

Good stuff :)
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

A-O-A, @ AK nice find. first time saw this type of ammunition for handguns. if it comes here it will be declared PB or need a special license( thing like that). You know they will create an opportunity to collect commissions. Thanks for sharing. A-H
    A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart and wins with his character.

yaaar this is class, lovely, amazing. i think its the modern version in 30 bores.

regards
    \"God, Family & Guns: Plenty to be thankful for !\"

(if you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem)

very nice stuff

The FN Five Seven pistol has been discussed before on the board. There might be a couple of pieces around with collectors, perhaps Moeen or someone else can confirm. Also being tested by some units of the forces.

Its also rated the number one gun on a video on youtube.
    Also used by the Fort Hood incident in which Major Malik Hassan Nidal claimed the lives of 13 people. He was armed with a Fiveseven and a .357 magnum.
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"
    JFK

Supreme Member
    The round is in use by SSG in FNP-90 PDW.
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohail
    i think its the modern version in 30 bores.
    +1 I very much agree and I love the FN. Some people say the caliber is more like a .22 Magnum than anything else but in truth it is a slightly less potent .30. This I would not mind spending 200 K on if the ammo was around Rs. 40. Amazing item.

Also just as a comparison I would like add that the .30 cal (7.62*25) travels at about 1600 ft/s with a 85 grain projectile.

Early Chinese steel core .30 cal's were also amour piecing hence banned in the U.S.

Supreme Member
    The bullets are expensive from what i hear. 50 rounds for $22 online compared $15 for 9mm

This what the military round can do(illegal for sale to civilians BTW) fired at level II vest with 2mm trauma pack

Block calibration 62 mm @ 460 fps.
    After the VBR-Belgium 5.7 B2F bullet has penetrated the 22 layers Kevlar and the 2 mm thick trauma pack, the bullet enters the block of calibrated gelatin with his point in a forwards position. After a distance of 30 mm the bullet starts to tumble. The 5.7 B2F bullet yaws to a depth of 70 mm where the bullet fragments in two pieces. The head fragment causes his own bullet path to a depth of 214 mm (8.4 inch) and also the tail fragments causes his own bullet path to a depth of 235 mm (9.25 inch).
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

Member Extraordinaire
    navay and airforce has aquired them for FNP 90 and FN 57 . not available as such definetly some one would have it here . but then again ammo would be a problem

just a fancy reliable .22 ( I confess I am over generalizing)..

but then again.. what would I know.. I've never used one..

These rounds are banking on tumbling upon entry to do the trick.. something dependent on too many factors to go right.. and nothing goes right when bullets leave the muzzle end of guns..
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Its just only a trick to make money of western manufacturers to introduce this new caliber, The success of .30 caliber (7.62x25) is still not knock down but with a lot of adverising and after makeup different designs they sell too many .22 and 9mm handguns and make a lot of money but now these calibers are commonly made by many countries without rocket science technology.
    Now again they register our new caliber and will try to create the monopoly and sell our product with new tricks like literature videos debates specifications and with high hopes on high prices, I think they will not success in this trick again.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mehranbiz
    Its just only a trick to make money of western manufacturers to introduce this new caliber, The success of .30 caliber (7.62x25) is still not knock down but with a lot of adverising and after makeup different designs they sell too many .22 and 9mm handguns and make a lot of money but now these calibers are commonly made by many countries without rocket science technology.
    Now again they register our new caliber and will try to create the monopoly and sell our product with new tricks like literature videos debates specifications and with high hopes on high prices, I think they will not success in this trick again.
    ???????????????

The western manufacturers are not chargeing 260k for glocks.It's our own ppl.

Isn't this a very good armour piercing military round?
    How come we compare it with .22? Never heard of any
    military, adopting the .22, before.

Member Extraordinaire
    I think people keep confusing this with the .22 rimfire. The caliber may be the same, but thats where the similarities end. The 5.7x28mm was designed as a caliber for PDWs (Personal Defence Weapons) which I believe bridges the gap between SMGs and assault rifles. The FN Five-seveN was introduced as a companion sidearm to the P90. In today's modern world, criminals and terrorists have relatively easy access to body armor, which the 9x19mm cannot defeat. Hence, the armor piercing capabilities of the 5.7mm come into play.

As far as the comparison of the 7.62x25mm and the 5.7x28mm goes... Anyone know why exactly the 7.62x25mm was actually adopted? The Russians didn't want to develop separate machinery for sidearms, and wanted to make the barrels from the existing rifle machinery (7.62mm). Plus, the TT-33, one of the few chambered for this round, has quite a recoil. On the other hand, recoil of the Five-seveN is lesser than that of a 9mm. Btw, I am not belittling the 7.62x25mm and its capabilities, but the fact remains that the 5.7x28mm was developed ground up for a special purpose. The Chinese could have utilized the 7.62mm as a special purpose cartridge, however they chose to create the 5.8x21mm, which is somewhat similar to the bullet on discussion.

Those interested in the FN Five-seveN and the 5.7x28mm, check out:
    http://www.gunblast.com/FN-FiveseveN.htm
    http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun...07/index3.html
    http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satelli...D1198098376868
    http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun...epower_200811/
    Outlawing guns will ensure that only outlaws will have guns.

Blog Entries
    I think some of us have quite under-rated above gun! Look, it may be a very uncommon and rare commodity to us, but plz it's a highly potent round, that no .22 would ever come close to! KF is quite right in his notions, can't understand where the confusion is coming from, just study the ballistics of this round and also take a close look at the rounds, longer than the TT round, thus more explosive packed, sharper nosed than the TT round and pretty faster at 2000 fps as compared to TT round's 1400 fps, thus far more "penetrating", piercing. This is something deadly, and as you'd also note from the post by Maximus bro, this caliber along with the .357 was used by Major Nidal in the killing of 13 people in that tragic incident, as well as wounding another 30. I think he mainly used this one coz of higher mag capacity than the .357, and think that one of the reasons why so many people got wounded there, was simply because of this calibers piercing power that may have hit multiple times.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Member Extraordinaire
    Plus the handgun it is chambered for is a relatively safer, modern design, compared to the Tokarev...
    Outlawing guns will ensure that only outlaws will have guns.

Blog Entries
    And KF, half the recoil of the TT!