Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMAZING Pakistan made replica of Stoeger Cougar (Pics)

Went to Umar Traders today in Sadar where I saw a mind blowing copy of the Stoeger Cougar! In first look, I couldn't spot a difference but the owner then told me that it's a local made clone! Woah, our desi industry is getting better day by day!

There were two Stoegers. One was in its original scheme and the other one was a two tone. Sorry about the low quality pictures, I was in a hurry and my phone doesn't have a good camera (Bloody apple) :D

Price is 36k.

Here are the pics;

Stoeger clone - two tone;

Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

Supreme Member
    Wonderful copy, but isn't 36k too much for a clone?

Amazing... a very good copy, but I think the price of 36k is too high for a replica.

@Moeen Bhai... Maan Gaye ! :)

Our Gun Guru, Moeen Bhai had told me almost two months ago, that Cougar clone
    would soon hit the market.

Have seen the Copies right in the factory where they are made.
    Factory price is 18K so dont pay more then 20K.
    Anthrax is right about the quality and finish.There is no difference and if you are not an expert,even the close examination cant differentiate.The finish,markings and the computerized writting is very very fine.
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Yes few days back I also came across one of those while looking for orignal Cougar, but I think the finish is not the same as that of Orignal.

Enthusiast
    Interesting Find.

Borrowing from the great inventors of the work Durreta, can we call this Pouger, or Douger?
    It is the Nut behind the bolt that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by GatlinGun
    Interesting Find.

Borrowing from the great inventors of the work Durreta, can we call this Pouger, or Douger?
    Lol +1! I'd definitely call it the Douger! Sounds neat :P

And yes, the price is way too much! 36K is unreasonable but I think if this one's available around 20-25 then its not such a bad piece. And trust me, the finish was actually pretty good! Had me confused for a minute or two. ;)
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

damn. i think soon cougar clones will be considered among the best local made clones. but we need some expert members to tell us how to differentiate between the original and clone otherwise many will be fooled.
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax
    Quote Originally Posted by GatlinGun
    Interesting Find.

Lol +1! I'd definitely call it the Douger! Sounds neat :P

And yes, the price is way too much! 36K is unreasonable but I think if this one's available around 20-25 then its not such a bad piece. And trust me, the finish was actually pretty good! Had me confused for a minute or two. ;)
    So if this Douger had the same metallurgy as the St Couger, it might be a good buy at 20 K.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Khan
    Have seen the Copies right in the factory where they are made.
    Factory price is 18K so dont pay more then 20K.
    Anthrax is right about the quality and finish.There is no difference and if you are not an expert,even the close examination cant differentiate.The finish,markings and the computerized writting is very very fine.
    Ka_Khan Sir, how about the metallurgy of the barrel ?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerjatt
    damn. i think soon cougar clones will be considered among the best local made clones. but we need some expert members to tell us how to differentiate between the original and clone otherwise many will be fooled.
    I guess the only way is to beg the dealer to be honest, Allah rasool kee Kasmain dain, lol...

Enthusiast
    to expensive, 36k is wayyy to steep.. like Ka_Khan said it should be about 18-20k. That would be ideal! :D
    A lot of the guys who keep a gun at home for safety are the same guys who refuse to wear a seat belt!

Blog Entries
    Amazed! Had to un-holster my own to better judge the differences! Anyhow, in hands, I'm still sure I could tell a difference without having the original by my side. Yet on pictures, it's quite another affair. Major difference, apart from more "shine", is the "upper corner" of the grip, just below the safety lock. Another is the "white" writing. On the original, it's black, at least on mine.

Yet, hats off to our local 'karigars", indeed they've done a remarkable job. Only way to better avoid getting a clone from the market, is to buy any new thing at the very moment it hits the market. 36k however is way out of bounds. Something like 10-12k would be more appropriate, though I do feel some "unlucky" ones may already have paid a full 53K for their very first gun!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

AK47: Sir, 10 hazaar ka tu acha local made TT bhi nahi aata aaj kal. :P I think 20-22 is a reasonable price. After all, i bet they've worked their arse off to reverse engineer the stoeger. They deserve that much amount at least.

Enthusiast
    I wonder if we can shed some light on the actual company who has done this feat.

Blog Entries
    Antrax bro......... A TT is priced at 5-7K, and I've seen the 92fs clone in SS @ 13K! Yet, you're right they may like to recover their hard work quickly. Bear in mind the 92fs clone is a copy of a +200k gun, how a copy of a 45- 50k gun could be priced higher. Yet, let's see where it finally stabilizes.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    Antrax bro......... A TT is priced at 5-7K, and I've seen the 92fs clone in SS @ 13K! Yet, you're right they may like to recover their hard work quickly. Bear in mind the 92fs clone is a copy of a +200k gun, how a copy of a 45- 50k gun could be priced higher. Yet, let's see where it finally stabilizes.
    That's true. In that context, It should be priced around 5k. :P

Anyway, I think we have a lot of potential in gun manufacturing. My friend at Umar Traders was telling me that soon our local industry will produce an indigenous design for export. Phir our "Kaarigars" can ask whatever price they want for their product based on its indigenous design and overall reliability.

Blog Entries
    Indeed, we got the potential, I think it's quality material that's in the scarce. And, the blunder and inability of our government, to utilize the craftsmanship of our people for national gain. Who says, we couldn't come level with Turkey in this field at least, just aint got no smart people around up there in the pinnacles, where daily business is more about how to amass CDA land at 10% price, and double assets of past 'fiscal" year! Hats off again to our "karigaars"!

Member Extraordinaire
    The original only comes in black, right? I saw a stainless-looking Cougar at Ahmad Traders (Khadda Market), he was a bit vague about it when I asked him if it was local... to a newbie like me, it sounded as if he was trying to sell a local clone under the guise of the original.

Whatever it was, it looked well-made, no doubt...
    Outlawing guns will ensure that only outlaws will have guns.

Blog Entries
    Sure KF, original is black as far as Stoeger is concerned, yet original Beretta was available in SS as long as it was still manufactured over there.