Thread: ZASTAVa.357 REVOLVERS

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know about the availability of these power guns! Both are .357 revolvers by Zastava, on is a full sized, the other a 2.5" snub-nosed. Still I think it's .0.5" longer than it's Taurus counterpart. Would like to know, if anyone ever came across any of these two, anywhere in Pakistan. Btw, according to the site, they are both SA/DA!

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Haven't seen either one of this in Karachi or Hyderabad.
    "Girte hain shahsawar hi maidan-e-jung mein. Woh tifal kya girenge jo ghutnon ke bal chalein?"

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Shucks one is too big . the other is a snubby.. Wonder if they make em in the regular 4 inch configs
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Blog Entries
    They do. I just didn't post the picture!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    They do. I just didn't post the picture!
    Ah!.. AN if a medium size .357 mag finds its way here. i would be a definite potential buyer..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Member Extraordinaire
    Few or none of them seem to make a 3" barrel, which appears to be the best compromise between a 2" snubby and the 4". I've read that a 3" is many a time easier to conceal as its slightly longer barrel provides a better counterbalance...
    Outlawing guns will ensure that only outlaws will have guns.

Blog Entries
    Indeed KF, that's why I was looking for this snub-nosed Zastava shortie, coz 2.5 inches I guess is the closest we could come to the non-available 3 inches. The Taurus shorty is 2 inches only.

Member Extraordinaire
    Yeah, I believe Taurus makes snubby, 4" & 6" only, excluding the longer lengths. Pity they don't make 3" and 5" which I feel are better compromises overall...

Blog Entries
    Yet, what do you say of the accuracy of such a powershot coming straight from a 6" hardened barrel?

Member Extraordinaire
    A 6" is excellent for hunting and mid to long range handgun shooting due to greater accuracy (due to longer barrel)... but for defense, I'd like something shorter, easier to wield around. Its not like I'm at a target competition....

If God forbid, the BG gets up close, the 6" may become a hindrance. Here a snubby can succeed where all else can fail...

Short and sweet: 2" for conceal carry, 4" for home defense, 6" for target, hunting and plinking (though plinking with a .357 Magnum may turn into a rather expensive endeavor :P)

Blog Entries
    Just right. However, the recoil of a magnum shot with this caliber coming from a shortie, DOES require quite a handling and practice to ensure second or third shot placement. Yet, no doubt, for CC and ability to move the weapon around unhindered, the snub-nosed would be the most ideal thing to have.

Member Extraordinaire
    In the US, Ruger and Federal teamed up to make the .327 Federal Magnum, to take the place of the former .32 Magnum. A .32 caliber bullet, with energy levels equal to that of (or slightly better) than the .38 Special. Allows for an extra shot in the cylinder of the same size. So far, I believe only Ruger's excellent SP101 has been chambered for this new round.... lets wait for the others to catch up....