Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Firearms ? Need advice on buying your first Gun ? Read this !

Supreme Member
    Assalaam Aleekum

Thanks for your reply. Kindly recommend .45 pistol's excluding Taurus.

Best Regards
    Vik
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

Vik welcome aboard bro
    Height of a man is not gauged by the feet he puts on but by the magnitude of problem which bothers him

Supreme Member
    http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33&p=2

I found the link regarding .45. Let me pick something from here and research. I will come back here
    and discuss.

Lord of War
    Welcome on board

Expert Member
    @ vil , would you like to tell the budget you have for your intended 45 purchase

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad
    @ vil , would you like to tell the budget you have for your intended 45 purchase
    Assalaam Aleekum Ahmed Bhi
    Somewhere between 100-200k. I need a handgun for home defence. A gun which shoots fast.
    Best Regards
    Vik

Supreme Member
    thanks all for welcoming me on this forum.

Supreme Member
    After having a look at the price list on this forum I can buy Colt 1911 and Sigma(.40).
    Please, comment.

Supreme Member
    Assalam Aleekum
    Oh, I forgot. I have also applied for the licence of .22 rifle. Recommend a few,excluding GSG5.

Jazakallah for such a valuable information.

i m also getting taurus 24/7 pro titanium sub-compact and taurus pt99.......as compared to soteger what shud i do if interested in titanium subcompact from taurus 24/7 pro?

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vik
    After having a look at the price list on this forum I can buy Colt 1911 and Sigma(.40).
    Please, comment.
    .40 is not a very good choice in current situation as ammo will be super scarce, chances of finding NIB Colt 19911A1 are also pretty slim. you can find USGI 1911A1 & they will work fine if they are mechenically sound. Have a look at Norinco 19911A1 if you like them, they are good value for maney.
    cheers

Member Extraordinaire
    vik as already mentioned .40 it is not recommended due to ammo availability problem if u want to spent 200 k + then look for glock 21. other wise under 100k u will be able to find taurus 1911 ( it is quite a good pistol ) or 24/7 iand PT 845 n .45 ( dont go for DAO model ).other choices are used colt 1911 , but ususally they are quite used up . .45 has much more recoil then 9mm so do not expect shooting o be fast and accurate

Blog Entries
    The Taurus 809 is also a good choice around 65 K. It's available in the market now, good pistol. I should add it to the recommended list.

For first time and new firearms owners wanting to purchase a weapon for defense, we recommend nothing apart from 9mm.

@Vik Welcome to PG, Sigma is a crap pistol for a first time shooter, the trigger pull is heavy and deep. You won't hit anything till atleast 500 rounds. Your 'fast' shooting won't happen as well, someone recommended the Baikal in the thread. If your only concern is firing as rapid as possible the Baikal has a good trigger for it. Keep in mind unless you are a very experienced shooter ( 15,000 + rounds ) fast/rapid fire is foolish, child's play and a waste of bullets.

In the 200 k price range, think of nothing apart from the Glock 17. Great pistol to have as a beginner or expert.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    The Taurus 809 is also a good choice around 65 K. It's available in the market now, good pistol. I should add it to the recommended list.

For first time and new firearms owners wanting to purchase a weapon for defense, we recommend nothing apart from 9mm.

@Vik Welcome to PG, Sigma is a crap pistol for a first time shooter, the trigger pull is heavy and deep. You won't hit anything till atleast 500 rounds. Your 'fast' shooting won't happen as well, someone recommended the Baikal in the thread. If your only concern is firing as rapid as possible the Baikal has a good trigger for it. Keep in mind unless you are a very experienced shooter ( 15,000 + rounds ) fast/rapid fire is foolish, child's play and a waste of bullets.

In the 200 k price range, think of nothing apart from the Glock 17. Great pistol to have as a beginner or expert.
    Aoa
    Than 9mm it is. As for rapid fire, I think for HD which is close range, rapid fire is not such a foolish idea. I will have a look at Baikal.
    As for Glock I was quoted 280K for G19 and G17 was unavailable a month ago .That's why I dropped the idea of Glock's altogether. My location is Karachi.

Best Regards
    Vik

thank you all of you for your humble advices.

yesterday i saw taurus pt99 when i was going to buy stoeger cougar....both 9mm pistols....but...again got confused!!

please guide me about what is the basic difference or advantages of having a large frame handgun as compared to a compact or sub compact? i am going to buy my first gun so pretty confused about it. i have heared and read that larger frames are for better accuracy and less recoil and better shots but cant carry it easily....some guys stress on buying larger ones cos of their striking hammers are visible and can fire any quality of ammo.....

basic purpose i m buying is for SD.

please guys give some tips and guidance. thanks

To me, external hammer is a must.both cougar and pt99 have it.secondly,pt99 is a very large weapon.not at all for cc but it performs very well at the range and eats up almost any type of ammo whereas cougar is equally good and a bit smaller than pt99.thirdly,the capacity of a pt99 is 17+1 whereas cougar is 15.barrel length of pt99 is 5 inches whereas cougar is 3.6 inches.both are extremely reliable weapons as pt99 is actually a beretta 92fs (if you know the whole story of it) whereas stoeger is a subsidiary of beretta.personally i dont like stainless steel weapons that much,but that depends on your choice.personally i feel the grip of cougar is more comfortable than the pt99.recoil of pt99 is a bit less than cougar.the only feature which sets cougar apart from pt99 is its rotating barrel which makes it even more accurate.i believe in carrying a pistol all the time if possible but that again depends upon your choice.if you want to carry a pt99 and you like this weapon,i am sure you will whip up a way.i hope my answers helps you in deciding your gun.good luck.
    When you kill for money,there are no rules.

thanks alot dear expert guys.....i will most probably go for the stoeger cougar 9mm....will let u all know abt it.

Blog Entries
    stoeger is good option for SD, as in SD you need CCW
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

Rookie
    A real genuine and helping effort Abbas Bhai.................Bravo