Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278
Results 5,541 to 5,548 of 5548

Thread: The MOI Arms Licenses Thread (All Pakistan)

As I told only privileged ones get .
    They do not try but they get .
    Mostly they get approval letter at their place .
    Yes off course they have to to go to nadra office by them self.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRZA1988 View Post
    As I told only privileged ones get .
    They do not try but they get .
    Mostly they get approval letter at their place .
    Yes off course they have to to go to nadra office by them self.
    Just after this notification was issued, I took my father along with me to S.O arms, a few months ago. He said kay, "sir, apka gratis liscence bun jaye ga, laikin apkay betay ka nahi", "ap Inka D.C office say banwa lain", " general public kay liye abhi tak nahi khulay, jub khulain gay toh apko bata dain gay". As the organization I work in is semi-government.

We also met the DS security, who is an acquaintance, as well. He also said similar things. Thus, I don't know, how privileged one should be to get it made ?

After I doubted the authenticity, of the liscences my friend was telling me about. He said it's confirmed that they are legit, as those people who have gotten them made, recieved the cards from NADRA's office, and that the cards were on it's official delivery system
    Last edited by malik94; 29-04-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

I know for a fact that they opened for about a month or two, at the end of the last governments tenure. An acquaintance did get one made, but I had gotten late, so didn't apply for it. As elections were about to start.
    Last edited by malik94; 29-04-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Want to verify MOI license?
    Whats the procedure?
    Anyone here to help regarding this?
    "There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm."
    ---Willa Cather---

Asalam alaikum brothers. I am going to get a MOI license through my department. Now the problem is, the weapon number needs to be entered on the MOI card license when the license is made and I plan to buy my handgun sometime later. Somebody told me that I should get a sale receipt from any dealer and get that weapon number entered on the license. Later, when I buy my handgun, I should get that same weapon number punched on my handgun. The person also told me that gun dealers are authorised to do this punching.
    Now, the question is, is this process legal. I need sincere advice because I don't want keep a gun just as a hobby or show off. I may actually use it for self defense someday. Therefore, I want to keep my weapon license hundred percent genuine. Please advise me whether I should go for the above mentioned method or should I wait and get my license made when I actually buy the gun. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehanzeb Mahar View Post
    Asalam alaikum brothers. I am going to get a MOI license through my department. Now the problem is, the weapon number needs to be entered on the MOI card license when the license is made and I plan to buy my handgun sometime later. Somebody told me that I should get a sale receipt from any dealer and get that weapon number entered on the license. Later, when I buy my handgun, I should get that same weapon number punched on my handgun. The person also told me that gun dealers are authorised to do this punching.
    Now, the question is, is this process legal. I need sincere advice because I don't want keep a gun just as a hobby or show off. I may actually use it for self defense someday. Therefore, I want to keep my weapon license hundred percent genuine. Please advise me whether I should go for the above mentioned method or should I wait and get my license made when I actually buy the gun. Thanks.
    The above mentioned method is NOT legal.

Every gun has its own number punched in by the manufacturer, and only that number should be entered on the license itself.

However, the custom made desi handguns may not have a number punched in as requested by the customer, and in that case, the dealers punches the license number on the gun. Numbered or not-numbered, you should avoid these guns anyway because of the quality issue, especially if the gun is intended to be used for self-defense.

The problem to your solution may be as follows, however, it needs verification from experienced members of PG:
    Get a demand note. You would have 60 days (see demand note for this) to purchase a new gun. If you fail to purchase a gun in this period, you would have to get a new one from MOI.

Now I believe you can keep this demand note for any length of time without purchasing a gun. And when you are in a position to buy the gun, renew the demand note (may be through a dealer or department itself).
    But you should wait for confirmation from experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehanzeb Mahar View Post
    When your MOI licence is approved, you will go to NADRA Arms for demand-note (yellow paper). Then you buy weapon within three months. The dealer will enter weapon number on demand-note and also give reciept. Some jurisdictions (eg: ICT) also need DCO entry on demand-note. Then you go back to NADRA Arms and submit for Card printing with the weapon number. Pre-purchased weapon cannot be (legally) entered in MOI system (except inheritance). Hope this helps !

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz View Post
    Want to verify MOI license?
    Whats the procedure?
    Anyone here to help regarding this?
    Just call nadra. They have all the record now.
    Keep Calm & Carry One