Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baikal 9mm Pistol opinion.

Enthusiast
    What about Baikal 9mm pistol opinion? Any personal experience?

Banned
    Built like a tank, reliable, accurate and best trigger in its price range and beyond. Excellent value for money.
    Lets see what experts have to say!!

Enthusiast
    what should be the price of a good used one?

Enthusiast
    01 model. They have a metal plate in the hnd grip for retaining the tension spring mechanism of the hammer.

Enthusiast
    12Gauge can give us an expert opinion. I believe he has one and loves it.!
    Most of the senior members rank it very high for its ruggedness.!
    Brothers in Arms

Enthusiast
    someone give me a brief review

You should refer the the extensive thread on which this has already been discussed at length.. :)

I give it a thumbs up.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Member Extraordinaire
    It is good weapon and I am buying one ad soon ad my license arrive . It is accurate and has less recoil than a glock although it's finishing is not that good but I would choose it over all the Turkish chineese and Taurus and if glock is there I would most likely choose it or have them both

Enthusiast
    @ Dr zakir

whats the difference between Baikal pistol made in 01 and the rest?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMagnum
    What about Baikal 9mm pistol opinion? Any personal experience?

i'm assuming that we are talking about Baikal MP446 "Viking" handgun. well.......in its price range it is the best u can get. turkish/chinese/taurus dont even come close. if u look at its internal design u'll immediately see that its built to last and take some serious abuse. keeping its price range in view, it has the sweetest trigger, lowest recoil and best accuracy and superb grip.

Dr. Zakir once said to me that Baikal Viking is the russian equivalent of HK USP or SIG. to me, such a statement comming from Dr. Zakir is enough to qualify a handgun.

Regards.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Enthusiast
    @12gauge

Enthusiast
    what should be the price of a second hand gun about 95% condition and only two clips through it.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMagnum
    @12gauge

dude, to be honest cant say much cause i've seen a 01 however what I can tell u is that from 05 on wards few changes (only cosmetic) were incorporated into the said handgun. such as 18 round magazine, a slight bump at the end of hand grip to aid in magazine extraction and the accessory rail was extended. initially it was just a small slot due to which mounts had to screwed on. now since its extended, u can slide in mounts as well rather than having to fully open the mounts and screw them on.

other than that, I cant tell ya much. but why this interest in 01 model ?

Regards.

Enthusiast
    there are changes

Enthusiast
    01 YEAR MODEL
    reemove the mag and look into the mag well there is a yellow metal plate to retain the hammer tension spring. On the chamber portion visible from the top has more metal.

Though i know that this picture is of the military version of mp 446 known as Yarygin PYa / MP-443 "Grach" but except for the polymer frame there is no difference between 01 year model of MP 446 and this.

Here are 01 YEAR MODEL BAIKAL MP-446 PICTURES. (I purcahsed it today.)

OTHER THAN 01
    The metal plate in mag well is not there. The chamber portion visible in the slide has less metal due to a cut and recession on the chamber portion of the barrel.

Member Extraordinaire
    i dont know just fired 12 gauges baikal at range 100 rounds or so and really loved it

Enthusiast
    late 1990s Russian army settled on the improved version of the worlds' most popular 9mm Luger/Parabellum round, very hot loaded (peak pressure generated by 7N21 is well beyond 9mm +P standards) and fitted with armour piercing bullet with hardened steel core. Several designs were submitted to the trials, but eventual winner was the pistol, designed at the state Izhevsk Mechanical Plant by the Vladimir Yarygin. This pistol, initially known as the 6P35 (military index during trials) or as MP-443 "Grach" (manufacturer's designation), now is officially adopted by the Russian Government for Military and Law Enforcement use under the PYa designation.

As 01 year model of MP446 is direct copy of the MP443 (military version) AND KEEPING IN VIEW THE ABOVE PRESSURE LEVELS, and modifications made to exterior dimensions of the chamber of the later models other than 01 year model. 01 YEAR MODEL LOOKS TO BE MORE SAFER THAN THE REST.

The low recoil reason of the gun is because we use normal factory loads in the gun which is designed for higher pressure catridges.

Hence proved that 01 YEAR MODEL is abit better techanicaly than the newer models because their chambers have more metal than the rest. So as the hammer spring retention plate is present in 01 YEAR MODEL and is not there in rest of the models.

So my bet goes on BAIKAL MP 446 01 YEAR of manufacture model.

**These are my personal findings and little research.

@SevenMagnum

Good job bro and I must say keen observation as well. on a side note, is 01 model Viking available?

Regards.

Lord of War
    russian hand guns are very under rated here for un known reasons, they are simply value for the money as previously said.