Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collection or One good piece

Expert Member
    Do you guys favor a collection and variety of pistols/revolvers or just one expensive and reputed piece. I ask this because recently I have seen a quite a few people loading up on Turkish, Chinese and Brazillian imports. However, they always shy away from Glock, HK, Sig, Beretta etc. Whereas if they would sell half of their abovementioned imports, they could easily get Glock HK etc.

What do you think?

I for one like to have a few quality guns, and possibly not more than one from one company. If I do happen to end up with more than one from same company, I try to have them in different calibers, at least.

FP.. Ideally it would be nice to have a glock/sig/beretta.. problem is that the price are just too high for average consumers and for most people its hard to justfy 2lacs for a gun .

For the price of 1 glock a person can by a decent 9mm and ammo for a longer period of time. he can even have a 2-3 weapon which cover the cost of licence and some ammo also. I think people start of with buying affordable imports and then once they are proficient enough they would go for a named import. I have seen people buying local guns for 8 k(desi TT) which i feel is a waste. I bought my first 9mm for 35k sold it for 32k after 2 years that was not a bad deal. Now that i have been used to a weapon i may splurge on a glock but just cant seem to justify all that cash in one go.

That is my two cents.
    \"If you and i agree on everything than one of us is not required\"

Expert Member
    can even have a 2-3 weapon
    That is the entire idea. Do you want 'a' Glock or three Turkish imports?

I would love to get Glock or Beretta. Actually i'll prefer a solid piece over keeping many. But going back to Acciprone's point, Turkish, Brazilian and Chinese brands are tempting cuz they are cheap. Keeping a Norinco and an another one costs max 80K. Whereas Beretta is about 120K (if i am remember correctly). But i will definitely think before adding the third one, cuz i might as well dispose the other two a get a solid piece.
    ... and then there was light !!

who wouldn't want to go for a glock or another reputed brand but it just boils down to local prices!!

consider this;
    norinco np-22 in USA and Canada $340
    same gun in Pakistan Rs.38,000 or $482

glock 19 in USA and Canada $500
    same gun in Pakistan Rs.1,95,000 or $2,470

Blog Entries
    I vote: 1 Glock, 3 Turkish/Brazilian and 3 Chinese ! ;)

I do however agree that most people take the local cost effective options of buying Chinese/Brazillian. Anything above that in my opinion is enthusiast category as 60 K Taurus/Stoeger will do the same job a SIG/Glock. The only difference being peace of mind/user satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Firepower!
    can even have a 2-3 weapon
    That is the entire idea. Do you want 'a' Glock or three Turkish imports?
    well if the choice is between a glock or 3 reassonablly priced gun of different caliber Id take the 3 guns..

i will go for 3 pistols for three diffrent jobs.one for range sessions,second for concealed carry and third one for HD.i simply cant afford all these pistols from raputed companies like H&K or Glock.so,i will pick the chinese or turkish.

the prices for beretta /glock just are beyond normal ppl ranges...

true if i had that kind of money i would love to own the expensive brands but i guess for the time being i wll
    stick with 3 guns...:D
    \"Sa viv deche des formas; ka sa maekus\"
    Knowledge flows through practice and patience - proverb

Expert Member
    To my surprise people here think opposite to what I thought they thought! That tells you how much I know about anything.

I had thought that the most of the responses would be one branded pistol rather than three.

Same here. 3 guns instead of one. Especially when you know that they are as good . But I dont like to question anyone either if they want to keep one GLOCK.
    “Action without thought is like shooting without aim.”

Expert Member
    Well lets make it clear that the question is not Glock specific. It is for all expensive guns like HK. Now HK offers ergonomic and feature unmatched. I would seriously think twice before getting three mediocre (yet reiable) guns for my HK P2K.

Expert Member
    One more thing. Can a medicore pistol pass a torture test like this (see link below) Glock 21?

http://theprepared.com/index.php?opt...d=90&Itemid=40

All TURKISH brands websites boast of similar tests. Personally I would not like to torture any weapon.
    “Action without thought is like shooting without aim.”

Expert Member
    Please not this is a third party test by an individual not Glock.

I like H&K USP in 9mm.but is that price i can get atleast two more reliable pistols.if Glock,Sig,H&K and all other reputed brands weapons r availble at reasonble prices then i will 100% get them.

fp. I understand where u r coming from but most people will choose a multiple less expensive reliable weapon... ne day over 1 exp weapon for variety... Gad ne one of us would be in the US we wld have opted for the brands you taking abt cause the price is reasonable.... Paying 4-5 time the market rate for a brand name in pakistan dnt make monetary sense

Enthusiast
    i absolutely agree with firepower.all you need is one reliable gun and a lot of shooting.besides handling different guns will definitely confuse you in a stress situation.what you shoot you should carry and what you carry you should shoot.
    \"There are only two types of warriors in this world.
    Those who serve the tyrants and those who serve
    the FREE MEN\"

Expert Member
    i will like three or more than that (i am a little handguns hungry) rather than one name brand. but if i had deep pockets and money burning holes in them, why not more than three name brand guns.
    cheers

Enthusiast
    ahmad what would be your choice of handguns if u had to choose three?
    \"There are only two types of warriors in this world.
    Those who serve the tyrants and those who serve
    the FREE MEN\"