Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 242

Thread: Review of the Canik 55 Piranha (+Pictures)

  1. #201
    Lord of War Canik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by getfaizi View Post
    Hello, Is couger compact 9mm(13+1) availabe in the market ....????

    Yes, available in karachi.
    Whats your location??
    """"".WEAPON."""""
    ..Toys for Big Boys..

  2. #202

    which canik

    there are lot of canik varients available in the market.. like piranah, mkek, sting ray, shark ... can anyone suggest which one is the best of all.. as far as features are concerned stingray is the best as it has, loaded chamber indicator and side rails etc. videos on you tube also shows sting ray shooting very well? any suggestions....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUmokn4aCio
    Last edited by Getfaizi; 19-09-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: spelling

  3. #203
    Could you advice about the price Abbas Bro ? I am soo damn interested in a CZ-75 but after this I am thinking on Canick Lines :P

  4. #204
    Administrator Abbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    4,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Salams, although the Pirhana's are no longer available, the newer Caniks are just as good and should sell between 41 to 45k.

  5. #205
    Thanks Abbas Bro

    Highly appreciated..

  6. #206
    Expert Member Ahnab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Posts
    1,303
    @Abbas and all Canik owners
    I'm planning on getting a Canik55 Shark as soon as I get my license inshallah and, just out of curiosity, wanted to know a few things:-

    1) Is it possible to carry the Shark/Piranha "cocked & locked"?
    2) If the hammer is cocked (half or full), do you manually decock or does the gun come with a decocker?
    3) Is it possible to run the mags of the full version on the compact version?
    Last edited by Ahnab; 16-10-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Rephrasing the questions
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    117
    @Ahnab
    Interestingly enough I am at the exact crossroad. I started off wanting the cz duty or compact and even went to National arms in Lahore to pick it up, only to find them closed for the last week and a half.
    After going through this thread multiple times I am also debating on getting the Canik compact, the only thing holding me back is the decocker. I prefer to carry with a round in chamber and decocker gives me some peace of mind.
    Do let me know if you do pick it up and how you feel about your new buy.

  8. #208
    Expert Member Ahnab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Posts
    1,303
    @kkhan8
    Same here, I'd rather carry "cocked & locked" and would need a decocker for some peace of mind. Guess I'll have to wait for any of the seniors or Canik owners to clear up this question. I'm actually planning on getting the large frame version first and the compact version later on (for HD and CC respectively), that's why I was asking if the mags are interchangeable. Personally, I think the Canik is the perfect weapon, considering the price tag. I'm just waiting for the license crap to get sorted out so I can finally get my hands on my very first gun! :-)
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

  9. #209
    Administrator Abbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    4,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    @Ahnab, kkhan18. To answer your questions in order.

    1). Yes. 2). Manual Decock 3). Depends but generally yes.

    I would also like to add here that I never carry a gun cocked and STRONGLY suggest infact INSIST friends not to unless they are expecting imminent danger to their lives. Even then I would only go so far as to carry a round in the chamber with the hammer down. The double action pull is just as quick and functional but provides a hellva lot more safety for the gun owner. Never trust your life unnecessarily on a little piece of metal called the safety.

  10. #210
    Expert Member Ahnab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Posts
    1,303
    @Abbas
    Thanks for the feedback and the safety tip Chief, appreciate it.

    A quick question: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard someone say that in a DA/SA pistol, if you decock using a decocker, the firing pin is rolled out of the way (making the gun "safe", so to speak), but if you decock manually, the firing pin is still "active". Frankly, I quite didn't understand this whole "firing pin being safe or active" business, so wanted to know if there's any truth to this? It's actually because of this confusion that I've started leaning towards getting a SA-only weapon (1911, Hi-Power, etc.) and carrying it "cocked & locked".
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

  11. #211
    Senior Moderator Denovo87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    6,901
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnab View Post
    @Abbas
    Thanks for the feedback and the safety tip Chief, appreciate it.

    A quick question: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard someone say that in a DA/SA pistol, if you decock using a decocker, the firing pin is rolled out of the way (making the gun "safe", so to speak), but if you decock manually, the firing pin is still "active". Frankly, I quite didn't understand this whole "firing pin being safe or active" business, so wanted to know if there's any truth to this? It's actually because of this confusion that I've started leaning towards getting a SA-only weapon (1911, Hi-Power, etc.) and carrying it "cocked & locked".
    Ahnab bro, pistols having decocker has always a firing pin safety present that keeps the striker pin locked unless you pull the trigger to depress that safety to give striker pin way to move forward thus if you are using only decocker to lower the hammer it will not be able to move the firing pin even it drops right over it. Rolling the striker pin away type system is in Beretta, I like n trust this thing more but there is a hitch in this system that is safety/decocker is right on the slide which I personally dont have problem with but some shooters dont like it there.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

  12. #212
    Expert Member Ahnab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Posts
    1,303
    Aah ok, thanks for clearing that up guys! :-)
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

  13. #213
    Supreme Member HussainAli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,636
    Dear Denovo Bro, Very Ture & Nicely explained,,,,,,,,,

    As myself is also one of the "Big-Fan" of Beretta "Fire Pin Safty System"...

    Which to me also seems "World Most Reliable Locking System".....

    Regards
    A stitch in time saves Nine

  14. #214

    Canik 55 tp 9

    has anybody checked out CANIK 55 TP 9 .. is it available in market?

  15. #215
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    79
    Whats current market price for different available variants of Canik 55 ! And best price would be from which city ? isb, rwp, lahore or peshawar ? looking for a best value of money and accurate 9mm in 50k around range !

  16. #216
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    lahore
    Posts
    6

    canik lover

    bro
    I sold my canik55 piranha c now i wanna buy canik55 once again because i did't find a beter machine then canik 55 so plz tell me any one who want to sold out canik 55.

  17. #217
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mian channu pakistan
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Faraz007 View Post
    bro
    I sold my canik55 piranha c now i wanna buy canik55 once again because i did't find a beter machine then canik 55 so plz tell me any one who want to sold out canik 55.
    It is hard to find nowadays ,U pls contac some dealer in Peshawer ,I think u will be able to get ,some days ago one of our member puchased Pirhana from Peshawer in reasonable price

  18. #218
    Member Extraordinaire s.jawad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrupt View Post
    Whats current market price for different available variants of Canik 55 ! And best price would be from which city ? isb, rwp, lahore or peshawar ? looking for a best value of money and accurate 9mm in 50k around range !
    Brother in these day's canik all models prices are quoted because the turkish guns are no more available in pakistan there for i have brought canik 55 piranha F and canik55 tp9 because in the canik product i realy love these two and brother i have brought these about one week later and today i have buy one more for my friend in this time canik 55 piranha F is about 52k and tp9 is in black color 53k and black and silver colour is 55k and also in this time i used the tp9 and realy it is a awesame gun I LOVE CANIK TP9
    REGARDS

  19. #219
    PakGuns Elite! Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by s.jawad View Post
    Brother in these day's canik all models prices are quoted because the turkish guns are no more available in pakistan there for i have brought canik 55 piranha F and canik55 tp9 because in the canik product i realy love these two and brother i have brought these about one week later and today i have buy one more for my friend in this time canik 55 piranha F is about 52k and tp9 is in black color 53k and black and silver colour is 55k and also in this time i used the tp9 and realy it is a awesame gun I LOVE CANIK TP9
    REGARDS
    None of the canik55 has genuine tritium sights but still while comparing TP-9 n Piranhas, i found TP-9 better working in low light. Rest i like Piranha F.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

  20. #220
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    lahore
    Posts
    6

    canik lover

    bro
    i m in lahore n i can't find canik 55 in lahore because it was short in mkt.I m also looking for retay eagle clone of [desert eagle] is it available in peshawar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •