Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial Arms Licence Thread

Enthusiast
    Some enticements are bacically the cost factor and the time factor. Usually there is no need of bribe you just have to wait for your license to arrive. The 18 days is unusual but depends on the rush for licenses.

Expert Member
    LICENSES ARE STILL CLOSED

The estimated date set for reopening the licenses is February 28th 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid
    But sohail when i visited the DC office a couple of years back, they asked me for the bribe and clearly mentioned that my dream cannot come true until I pay their desired amount. Its really shocking for me that you went through such a plain process since culture there doesnt seem to get changed within past 2 yrs.

sorry for replying late. you are right but as i mentioned at one stage i was about to with draw; was the peak point.

actually one of my friends got me the letter from the Home Ministry infact that was an approval later i personally got involved and met all those listed personalities, they all asked me 1-2 questions.

it is become troublesome to sum up your two witnesses at one time (as a mandatory process) while the concern ASI has to visit your place for inquiry so i asked the guy that every thing is genius and he should not bother so he said "ok sir, main karlonga", even he visited and met me.

regards
    \"God, Family & Guns: Plenty to be thankful for !\"

(if you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem)

Enthusiast
    Fake arms licences continue to be issued! Arrests Made, from Peshawar Quetta and Dara Adam Khel

The News Feb 11th, 2009.

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=161996

FirePower is right, 28th Feb seems to be the date when we can start re-applying for licenses....

'No more applications for arms licenses till February 28'

RECORDER REPORT

ISLAMABAD (February 17 2009): The Interior Ministry has stopped receiving new applications for arms licenses and extended the date of processing of new arms license applications till February 28. No new applications for arms licenses would be received and entertained before March 1, sources in Interior Ministry said here on Monday.

The section dealing with issuance of arms licenses is running short of staff, besides an unusual increase in the demand for arms licenses and this forced the ministry to stop entertaining new applications, sources told Business Recorder.

The ministry has got strict orders from its chief (Advisor on Interior) regarding disposing of the pending applications, they said, adding that following the directives from Advisor on Interior, the Ministry has stopped entertaining new applications and people are asked to approach after March 1.

When asked about earlier announcement of February 15, they said that the ministry had stopped entertaining application for new arms license till February 15 but the date has now been extended owing to backlog. During the last two years the ministry has issued about 178,754 arms licenses of non-prohibited bore (NPB) out of which 2,788 arms licenses, were issued by the present government.

Meanwhile, they said that the Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior, Rehman Malik, has directed the ministry to issue a new arms licenses only after due verification of the applicant from Nadra and other relevant organisations.

However, Advisor on Interior has directed the concerned department to ensure the verification before issuing license, as many complaints had been received that the arms licenses were being issued to the influential people without proper verification, the sources said.

They said that the arms licenses are being issued on the recommendations of parliamentarians and there is no quota restriction in this regard and Ministry of Interior is issuing authority of the arms licenses. The sources added that the ministry had already stopped issuing computerised arms licenses and new licenses were issued manually.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?i...term=&supDate=
    "If you don't know me....don't judge me"

At last some good news for Pak Gunners!!
    Need info about Licnse and permit.what is the difference?and permit needed for Ak 47 only?
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

So i guess lot of backlogged licenses will get issued now !!
    ... and then there was light !!

Enthusiast
    Hmmm. You never know there can always be a last minute ....

Expert Member
    permit is to carry is with you specially under 144.

Lord of War
    Any new information about reopening isb licence ?

Expert Member
    No News yet

Lord of War
    Thakns firepower .if u know any thing about this pls tell us

Expert Member
    I will keep you posted, as I have six of my own in the que.

Enthusiast
    one of mine is also in que, i came to know small arms reopen from march 2 please confirm from some one, but the current situation may delay it more

Expert Member
    Nothing is clear until Monday.

Banned
    A question about arms license. Can i buy a weapon when i am waiting for my license to arrive or shopping can be done only with a license in hand?

According to my knowledge,u can only purchase a weapon when u have a license in hand.
    Computerised card licenses need a firearm number before printing the card.but those card licenses r not in process now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqnldr_Shariq
    A question about arms license. Can i buy a weapon when i am waiting for my license to arrive or shopping can be done only with a license in hand?
    well according to al-haris before the book arrives the moi sends a letter which says that the a license has been granted to the person and some amount needs to be deposited with national bank. the draft along with the letter is sent back to the moi. The letter does allow for the purchase of the weapon and that inforamtion can be sent along with the draft. so when the book does come the information is pre-entred. On the basis of the letter you can buy the weapon and keep it at home or with the dealer but the weapon cannot be used or carried around.
    \"If you and i agree on everything than one of us is not required\"

Banned
    I am clear now on the issue. Thanks

Lord of War
    ban is over or not?